• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let me fall asleep.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
  • Silence, and from the age of around 13 onwards, darkness.

I've no idea why I absolutely had to sleep with the light on when I was younger, I don't recall being particularly afraid of the dark, but now I have to have the lights off and the curtains drawn or I can't get to sleep.

Years
  • I like to have some reading material, whether it's a magazine, a novel, comic books, or manga; that's how I start to fall asleep. I need to have the bedroom dark, with some light from the nightlight in the hallway, or moonlight. The room also needs to be at a comfortable temperature. Also, I like to have some background noise, whether it's from outside, or in the house.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
  • I like my room on the chilly side, and I normally fall alseep to a show with my console and TV set on a timer so they don't run all night

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Not necessary but very appreciated: a soft bed (memory foam!!!), many non-feather pillows (including a body pillow)

Necessary: no noise, no light, prescription sleeping pills

Empire

Lurking since 2008
    Years
  • Total darkness, no noise at all.

In fact when it's raining or when it's rained previously that day, I can hear the rain dripping from a hole in our roof's gutter and it drives me absolutely insane.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I prefer darkness and quiet, but depending on the circumstances, I can still sleep with some noise and light. These days, I have to sleep with my air conditioner on, as my room gets way too hot otherwise. I can't sleep when I overheat, so the AC's noise is the lesser of two evils. I've tried to block out as much light as I can, but there's a bright streetlight-type thing right outside my window, and there's only so much my blinds can do. I'll admit, though, sleep-wise, I always like it when I head to the suburbs or the country; city noises drive me nuts, even though I've been putting up with them for a number of years now.

More importantly, I generally need to do something to calm down and get my mind off of things before sleeping. That's when I get a lot of my Pokémon playing in. If my mind's too active, I can't sleep, no matter how great the conditions are, and when I do finally nod off, my dreams are generally really vivid and exhausting.

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
    Years
  • I can't have complete darkness... because I wonder if Slenderman or something is hiding in the darkness. :P

Also I can get to sleep easier with metal music playing. I don't know why, maybe because it's soothing to me? Yeah, I'm weird like that. :chu:

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Sleeping supplements like melatonin, and silence. I also need the fan to be on, and a little bit of light. If I hear so much as a cricket outside I will need to get up and investigate the source before I can fall asleep, or else I'll be panicking about what it might've been lol

Years
  • Darkness, I can not fall asleep with light on. Also, any noise that ISN'T a fan or a heater. I have to have the fan/heater noise to fall asleep nowadays. I used to not be so dependent on it, it was nice but I didn't HAVE to have it, but now...I just simply cannot sleep without it. One of my previous fans stopped working and I tried to sleep without it and was up until 7am until I decided to use white noise videos from youtube on repeat. Had to get a new fan which wasnt easy in winter lol, had to go on eBay. xD

Years
  • Total darkness, no noise at all.

In fact when it's raining or when it's rained previously that day, I can hear the rain dripping from a hole in our roof's gutter and it drives me absolutely insane.

I don't need no noise at all, but the littlest sounds will annoy me, especially like you mentioned, rain drops dripping >>;; I don't mind thunderstorms or anything, they actually help the sleeping process, but noises that have a pattern/rhythm annoy me for some reason \: Like sometimes I hear this owl-like sound during the mornings, and it drives me absolutely bonkers.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I need it to be relatively quiet. It's okay if there's a little noise, I can sleep if there's a lawn mower running outside for instance, but I can't fall asleep if there's any music playing or TV on or anything like that.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Total darkness - I can't sleep if I see light from another bedroom across. Noise I'm more forgiving since you can't have complete silence. TV's or music downstairs that I can hear are a no.

Years
  • What I "need" is quiet and a cool room. I'd say darkness but considering that I've fallen asleep easily before without it needing to be to dark...well, it'll help me fall asleep, but apparently is not entirely necessary. I definitely need things to be quiet though. Sounds are what have the highest chance of waking me up.

As for a cool room...there's a reason I tend to relax on my couch before I actually go to bed. It's right in front of our AC unit. I'm able to fall asleep so much more easily when I'm not overheated at all.

Years
  • I need music for one to fall asleep, and most often I need a video game while lying in bed to keep me asleep.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Considering I fall asleep at the computer and in class all the time, I'm guessing I don't need anything to fall asleep other than tiredness. It's quite bad, actually Dx

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I need music, a quiet room, a pillow and a blanket. Considering I've fallen asleep on hard wood floors before, I would say that a mattress helps, but is not completely necessary. I have a specific playlist of songs that I don't get tired of listening to, and that helps a lot, since my mind usually goes at a million miles an hour if I don't have anything to concentrate on. Even when all of these things are there, it still takes me a long while to fall asleep. I hate sleeping in the same room as other people, because I'm always the last one to fall asleep, and listening to their snoring just makes it that much harder for me to fall asleep.

Back