• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Let's Rewrite History: Remove a Unova Pokemon From Existence!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • this was something I always hated about Cubchoo too

given the name it kinda makes sense but it's not cute and it's just kinda disgusting really

it's like that one kid on Outset Island in Wind Waker with the huge snot drip, who the **** thought that was a good idea
    Cubchoo itself isn't bad, I mean it is cute, but for that snot.

And something funny (ya I did find this funny, not disgusting), its Pokedex entry, from White - It sniffs the snot back up because the mucus provides the raw material for its moves.

What kinda "raw material" {XD}?

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
  • It has to be Heatmor. That's the ugliest Fire type i've ever seen, or maybe it's just me who thinks it's ugly. Even though it has decent moves like Focus Blast and Solar Beam, it's stats and everything else sucks.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Um... well... there's a few I would pick.

Pokemon I would get rid of, period:
    - Maractus. So forgettable =/
    - Gothitelle evolution line. GET THIS OUT OF MY SIGHT!
    - Stunfisk
    - Heatmor
    - Durant

Pokemon I would get rid of and replace with something else:
    - Samurott. Its design makes me cry, still, years later.
    - The Monkey Evolutions really don't work for me either. But the base forms are really cute and the concept was interesting.
    - Why don't Bouffalant and Alomomola evolve from Tauros and Luvdisc respectively??!
    - Eelektross's design makes me feel really weird about it... not sure.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • Alomomola and Stunfisk. I couldn't decide between the two. I dislike these two the most. Stunfisk is just literally a floppy fish thing and the other is a Luvdisc wannabe. It seems like this gen was just full of poorly designed pokemon

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Lmao so one gear is ok?? Although I suppose if you eliminated Klink you'd totally eliminate its line cuz the other gears would have nothing to connect to. Smarter strategy imo!!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I love all gen 5 Pokémon and I shall protect them from you monsters. Yes, even Watchog with those scary-looking eyes shall be safe under my wings of protection.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I love all gen 5 Pokémon and I shall protect them from you monsters. Yes, even Watchog with those scary-looking eyes shall be safe under my wings of protection.

Try it!
    :p

Got agree that:

Alomomola

doesn't deserve to exist. Should have been a Luvdic evolution. Now it's just pointless.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Try it!
    :p

Got agree that:

Alomomola

doesn't deserve to exist. Should have been a Luvdic evolution. Now it's just pointless.
    Alomomola has its own unique charm, since it's a heartfish with hands. Is Luvdisc capable of giving you a hug? I don't think so. Luvdisc is the kissy one, Alomomola is the huggy one. Not an evolution of each other, but two necessary components in the wheel of life.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    alomomola's not hugging you with those arms

too short to give a hug adequately

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Alomomola has its own unique charm, since it's a heartfish with hands. Is Luvdisc capable of giving you a hug? I don't think so. Luvdisc is the kissy one, Alomomola is the huggy one. Not an evolution of each other, but two necessary components in the wheel of life.

Exactly!

If I want hug able water types, me and Jellicent can be buds.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024

Exactly!

If I want hug able water types, me and Jellicent can be buds.

See here's where you guys are wrong.
    Let's Rewrite History: Remove a Unova Pokemon From Existence!

Not only does Alomomola give hugs--it gives healing hugs. All Jellicent's hugs give you is Cursed Body and a one-way ticket to Davy Jones's Locker!

Years
  • Only one Pokémon is worth getting rid of, because it's suicide to use it for any reason whatsoever:

With an already horrible HP statistic, you rarely get to make use of Archeops' 140 Attack statistic because the fact is that Defeatist is arguable the worst ability in the entire Pokémon game library. It's Defence and Special Defence are already so weak that chopping it's health down to half is not an issue for most Electric Types that out-speed it. Not to mention that it's cousin, Aerodactyl, is faster, has a better move pool to choose from, looks cooler, has a mega evolution and doesn't have a terrible Ability aside from Pressure, which, to most people is pretty useless. Archeops had the potential to be an amazing Fossil Pokémon if it was typed with something other than Flying (All Fossil Pokémon are Rock/Other) and had access to at least one other Ability. Defeatist is Archeops' only ability and if by far the worst Pokémon introduced in Generation V.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • See here's where you guys are wrong.

Not only does Alomomola give hugs--it gives healing hugs. All Jellicent's hugs give you is Cursed Body and a one-way ticket to Davy Jones's Locker!
    I didn't like Alomomola at first tbqh, but it grew on me, so would want it to stay.

Like I said before, please get rid of that snotty nosed, ice (cream (pun intended :P)) bear -_-.

Pika Pika :chu:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Only one Pokémon is worth getting rid of, because it's suicide to use it for any reason whatsoever:

With an already horrible HP statistic, you rarely get to make use of Archeops' 140 Attack statistic because the fact is that Defeatist is arguable the worst ability in the entire Pokémon game library. It's Defence and Special Defence are already so weak that chopping it's health down to half is not an issue for most Electric Types that out-speed it. Not to mention that it's cousin, Aerodactyl, is faster, has a better move pool to choose from, looks cooler, has a mega evolution and doesn't have a terrible Ability aside from Pressure, which, to most people is pretty useless. Archeops had the potential to be an amazing Fossil Pokémon if it was typed with something other than Flying (All Fossil Pokémon are Rock/Other) and had access to at least one other Ability. Defeatist is Archeops' only ability and if by far the worst Pokémon introduced in Generation V.

Yeah but if it didn't have that ability it would be broken. Pair it up with Audino and hello winner. I wouldn't be opposed to removing it though, it's kinda ugly lol

Years
  • Yeah but if it didn't have that ability it would be broken. Pair it up with Audino and hello winner. I wouldn't be opposed to removing it though, it's kinda ugly lol

It's broken now. Slashing Archeops' health in half is an easy feat for most Pokémon that easily out speed it anyway. So I would propose removing it entirely or re-work the thing so it doesn't suck so much. I looked at the stats again and agree that without Defeatist it would be close to a UT Pokémon so I agree on that front. I just think attempting to use it is suicide. There are loads of good Electric types out there that destroy (sorry, I'm recently coming out of a bad mood, so forgive me)

I just think Archeops could have been done better justice is all. Besides, we can still use it in Double Battles and use a move like Skill Swap or Gastro Acid ohohohoho! 1v1 battles though? Not really.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Archeops is adorable and cute and fun and says "AAAH" as its in-game cry. It's pretty much hands-down my favorite fossil Pokémon. It definitely should have had a better Ability, but that's not reason to get rid of him. Give him a hug instead, he is soft.

"Hello, friends! I mean, AAAH!"

Years
  • I would remove this pokemon right here

Deerling the cute but fragile pokemon I have never understood the idea of this Fawn
    It's just all looks and no fightning spirit

It's like Stantler all over again but with a evolution this time Overall terrible stats Gets knocked out rather quickly Does only stand a small fightning chance when evolved into a Sawsbuck which has a alright attack but all other stats are kinda meh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would remove this pokemon right here

Deerling the cute but fragile pokemon I have never understood the idea of this Fawn
    It's just all looks and no fightning spirit

It's like Stantler all over again but with a evolution this time Overall terrible stats Gets knocked out rather quickly Does only stand a small fightning chance when evolved into a Sawsbuck which has a alright attack but all other stats are kinda meh.

But it's a cute gimmick!

I find Deerling just like Bambi tbh. Innocent and although it can't hit hard it has heart. Although I would have been cool with no gimmick seasonal Pokémon too!

Back