• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about weather...

Years
    Canada's had some beautiful snow recently. I've got a friend who keeps showing me pictures of it. I'm so super jealous. I love snow but I grew up in Florida so I've never gotten to spend the time around it I want to.

Would you like to have some? I'll ship some over to you, we have plenty. Why do people who generally live in the southern section of the Northern hemisphere closer to the equator want snow? D: Once in a while is fine and understandable, but you do not want Canadian winters.

Years
    I've never even heard of 'snain' until now XD To be honest, I thought that said snail at first. Following that storm, I had to maneuver myself to school early this morning and it was dangerous D: Cars be going at half the normal speed and stuff. One thing I hate about living on the escarpment is having more snow than the rest of the city...I could see a clear difference between the amount of snow we got versus everyone else.

Even more than the general lake effect snow? :o

Canada's had some beautiful snow recently. I've got a friend who keeps showing me pictures of it. I'm so super jealous. I love snow but I grew up in Florida so I've never gotten to spend the time around it I want to.

I refer you to the concept of second winter. That would put you off of snow for the rest of your life. :P

Would you like to have some? I'll ship some over to you, we have plenty. Why do people who generally live in the southern section of the Northern hemisphere closer to the equator want snow? D: Once in a while is fine and understandable, but you do not want Canadian winters.

Vanille, I don't think she knows about second winter. Should we tell her? :P but seriously second winter is probably apt to describe any snowfall and extended cold periods between the end of February and the end of May

While it was nice most of yesterday, when it got late there were some crazy winds. Woke up to the lights in my room being out! D: But the internet and my microwave were just fine, though.

That's a bit odd. Crappy wiring for the lights that you need to have an electrician replace, maybe?

This place is literally getting so ridiculously hot, that the air coming from the Air conditioning unit, is warm. WARM! The grass is literally staring to dry up in a flash, like in the morning they look like they're dying, then just a few hours later they are so crunchy you could blow at it and they would break.

I hate the weather.

Maybe have that AC unit looked at. Maybe. There's a point at which it's too warm to run the AC at Arctic or anywhere even remotely close to that, though, since too many people doing that could easily trigger a brownout (outage of power caused by strain caused by intense heat).

Years
    Even more than the general lake effect snow? :o

Vanille, I don't think she knows about second winter. Should we tell her? :P but seriously second winter is probably apt to describe any snowfall and extended cold periods between the end of February and the end of May

Well there's the lake too OTL I live on the edge of Lake Ontario, which only contributes even more to the weather >>;; And to be honest, I wasn't sure what second winter referred to XD

Years
    I'd definitely prefer a cool day because it's hot all year round here in Singapore. And it's been even hotter lately because it hasn't rained for about a month and there's haze blowing in.

The grass is all brown and I've got a headache. T_T

Years
    Now do you mean cool like in the 10 C to 20 C range, or immensely colder like the wonderful 5C it is here right now?

Well there's the lake too OTL I live on the edge of Lake Ontario, which only contributes even more to the weather >>;; And to be honest, I wasn't sure what second winter referred to XD

So glad I don't live near one of the lakes. That's some very undesirable snow levels.

I'm not sure myself, not being the originator, but I think the creator intended it to be a reaction to people here in Minnesota getting extremely excited about our recent warmup, since last year we were hit with a rare May snowstorm despite normally being in the clear at that point.

And I just looked and we've got some snow forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday. Wonder if it's just a dusting or if it'll turn into heavy snow. :x

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    Here in Ontario, the weather is bipolar.

One day the snow is melting, the next day it's all frozen again.

As of now, it's -8C which is quite warm. I can imagine we won't get grass til about the end of April or so. Despite my love for snow, I'm very excited to have the warm weather again where I can go for walks in a skirt and have my window open to let the warm breeze in. <3

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    The weather changes way too often here. Rainy one day, sunny the next, rinse and repeat. It's Autumn at the moment, so I'm expecting (and hoping) it gets a bit cooler.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    The weather is too hot although there has been some rain these past days. I'm willing to trade sun for chilly winds, who's up?

Years
    Here in Ontario, the weather is bipolar.

One day the snow is melting, the next day it's all frozen again.

As of now, it's -8C which is quite warm. I can imagine we won't get grass til about the end of April or so. Despite my love for snow, I'm very excited to have the warm weather again where I can go for walks in a skirt and have my window open to let the warm breeze in. <3

Oh~ You live in Ontario too? Probably near my area then because that's how it was during the week. The past couple days there was a generous amount of sun exposure so the snow that accumulated on Wednesday has already disappeared! :D Can finally see the lawn again.

Years
    GRRRRRRRRRRR IT'S SNOWING AGAIN FML >:O

Wasn't Groundhog day six weeks ago? /me does not like.

LOL. Yeah, but apparently the Groundhog said there'd be more weeks of winter so...Enjoy! XD After such nice weather last week, this week is apparently going back down tens below 0. As someone who easily gets cold by stepping outside, bundled in layers of clothing, I do not like.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I prefer the cold to the heat. At least in the cold you can layer. Being nakey in summertime doesn't make you any cooler lol

That said, I'm in southern Ontario and as Eevee and Vanille Sky mentioned, we're bipolar right now. It was -20 last week. Today it was raining and 5C. I just want it to be over with lol

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I definitely prefer warmer weather. Both extremes are pretty meh but when the sun is shining and the weather is warm I just feel happier lol. :P

It was a mix of chilly and warm today (Melbourne's strange like that) but I don't think we're going to have many more warm days for a while unfortunately :(

Back