• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about weather...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    So, winter is upon us, and the weather is changing and its starting to get cold outside. My question to you all is do you prefer the hot days, or do prefer the chilly days?

I personally love when its cold outside, so I prefer cold days to hot days. I love wearing hoodies and sweatpants haha.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I like the days that are in between; not too hot and not too cold, but perfect to wear your favorite hoodies. Summers here in Florida are my least favorite because there's no sort of wind and the humidity is just ridiculous. The only good thing about it are the thunderstorms. I much prefer the winter time for this reason. However, the cold here just isn't as fun when there's no kind of snow. Early spring and late fall are the best though. The weather is just right during those times.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I love it when the sun's out and the wind is strong. It's like I could just run in a beautiful garden with buttercups and lilies and forget-me-nots in slow-motion and it won't seem like I totally took that out from a film version of Wuthering Heights.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The only weather I like exists in Spring. You get the warm, rainy weather, the emergence of the sun, etc. I usually like winter at nighttime because you can just get under a blanket, but my room is like 100 degrees even with the windows open.

Years
    I like the days that are in between; not too hot and not too cold, but perfect to wear your favorite hoodies. Summers here in Florida are my least favorite because there's no sort of wind and the humidity is just ridiculous. The only good thing about it are the thunderstorms. I much prefer the winter time for this reason. However, the cold here just isn't as fun when there's no kind of snow. Early spring and late fall are the best though. The weather is just right during those times.
    This is pretty much how I feel about the weather.. not too hot, but also not too cold. I did wish it would snow again in Florida though because that would most definitely be a nice experience to have.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
    I always finding myself missing the heat when it's cold and missing the cold when it's hot. I keep trying to tell myself that I like the Winter better (as I'm more cold resistant) but then I remember about getting all ashy and shivering and it sucks when it becomes Winter. I would say I like Spring, but where I live we get about a week of Spring... I'm never really comfortable ;-;

Sirfetch’d

I love cold weather! I am so happy that winter is approaching because the summer fatigue is still set in. I always see it like this. You can always put on more clothes if you get cold, but when it's unbearably hot there isn't much that you can do, haha.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I'm partial the the weather of late fall and early spring. 50-60 f. Above all though, I like it dark. I don't like sunlight.

Years
    I personally absolutely love it when it's cold and snowing outside and I'm curled in under a thick duvet with the electric blanket on. Something about those little bits of cold air when I poke my limbs out makes the situation so much more snug.

I also like heavy rain for the noise it makes hitting the roof; just so long as I don't have to go out in it!

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I'm kinda weird. I like really really hot weather. I'm thinking of a typical summer day where I live. One of the sweltering and kind of unbearable ones. Being in the sun gives me so much energy. It's usually quite the change from my normal, lethargic self. Plus the temperature change from being in the sun to being in a pool feels amazing. xD

I think rainy summer nights are one of the greatest too. It's warm, and the rain is pleasant, not cold. I think it's pretty soothing to fall asleep to also. What stinks is when the next day is humid and there is literally steam coming out of the ground.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I like doing all sorts of different thing in all sorts of different weather, so I don't really have a preference. I ski when it's cold, and play Frisbee Gold when it's hot. If I had to choose one though, it would be hot weather because I hate driving in the snow. It can get really scary when you're sideways going down a hill. D:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't like hot weather at all. If it's hot outside, even a little, I have a tendency to sweat. If it's extremely hot, then it's just… blegh. D: Because of sweating, I used to take showers four - five showers each day during the summer. I don't like cloudy weather, either. Whenever the sky's dark, I immediately feel depressed. I don't know why, but yeah. If there's thunderstorm outside, then that's even worse. The wind makes the doors and windows shake, which make me feel as my house's haunted. The only type of weather I do like is cold. Not that cold, but just enough to make you wear a sweater.

Years
    Cold weather means I can wear scarves. :3

Hot weather kills me. All that dry air and allergens floating everywhere. Yuck. Give me a chance to bundle up any day.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
    I don't like excessively hot or cold weather, particularly cold because I'm sensitive to the cold.

That's an ironic name, then.

On this matter, I like temperatures between 18 and 25 Degrees, which I consider average Spring weather.
    I'm currently in Australia (tunnelling to my home Internet, because the Internet here is terribly slow), and while it's Spring over here, the temperatures are just right.
    Looking at temperatures in my home country, at the exact other side of the planet, it looks like I'll get ill as I return home (coming from 22 Degrees to 9 Degrees in one day, ouch!).

I dislike heath and cold.
    When it's hot, I can't wait for Winter, and when it's cold, I can't wait for Summer.

Years
    I prefer warm days. Not hot - too many summers down south have made me dislike hot days. And cold days...well, I don't mind them if I'm bundled up, but then I feel restricted by all the clothing I have to wear.

So yeah. Give me a typical day from spring or autumn, and I'm perfectly happy.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I love cold days. There's something about cold weather that energizes me and makes me feel more alive, so once everyone else goes into their houses to hibernate, I'm outside as much as I can be. Hot weather stifles me, so I don't feel like doing anything then. The in-between weather is all right, but I prefer extremes, and fall weather makes me wish winter would hurry it up.

Back