• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk Pokémon cries!

Each Pokémon has their own cry/sound in the games they make when being used.

Do you have any favorite cries? Least favorite? Are there any you find to particularly stand out? What about cute-sounding cries? Feel free to mention anything about Pokémon cries here. (b' ')b

Spurred by me using my Alpha Raichu in Legends and realizing how cute Raichu's cry is, especially with how often mine speaks in the game.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I feel like I can still identify all the 8bit cries from the original 151 lmao. I wouldn't say I have any most/least favorites, but they are definitely living rent free in my brain.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Anyone hear a cry that is use the same sound of THIS POKEMON cry, but in a different tone.. You could name a few that sounded similar but different pitching or tone

Bonus: Why I only think Pikachu cry sounded like a anime version one, god that is amazing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2022
    I feel like I can still identify all the 8bit cries from the original 151 lmao. I wouldn't say I have any most/least favorites, but they are definitely living rent free in my brain.

I sometimes get them stuck in my head, too! Even just mentioning the Pokémon can set my brain off like that, and it's like it doesn't realize it's not a song! It's not earworm material!

What I liked particularly about the gen 1 cries was when HP was low on occasion certain Pokémon lost their cry and sounded like another. Metapod suddenly had Gastly's cry in R/B, for instance. A strange bug.

Years
    • Seen today
    Love:
    Lumineon, Dialga, Meloetta, Froslass, Lugia, Milotic, Kricketune, Porygon2, Hippopotas, Aurorus, Regice, Electivire, Gothitelle, Miltank, Bastiodon.

Hate: the anime Pikachu & Eevee cries (nice to see they got their game cries back in Legends Arceus)

Anyone hear a cry that is use the same sound of THIS POKEMON cry, but in a different tone.. You could name a few that sounded similar but different pitching or tone

That was an issue in the GB games due to technical limitations. Many Pokémon shared the same cries with a somewhat different pitch, like Parasect and Mewtwo.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I don't really play with sound on, so I don't really notice a lot of these sounds, I guess.

The few times I did, they always seemed kinda hideous to me, I'm not gonna lie.

What I liked particularly about the gen 1 cries was when HP was low on occasion certain Pokémon lost their cry and sounded like another. Metapod suddenly had Gastly's cry in R/B, for instance. A strange bug.

I wasn't aware of this, at least not about Metapod sounding like Gastly on low HP. Going to have to look that up!

On the note of anime-sounding cries, I definitely prefer sounds. When Pikachu and Eevee's cries went back to sounds in Legends it took me a bit to get used to it (especially for Pikachu) but once I adjusted it was a really welcome revert to me. Makes them sound more like actual animals, which I think is what I prefer.

Years
    There's so many cute sounding ones in my head right now, but I can't for the life of me remember which Pokemon they belong to D: And it's not like I can easily spell it out for y'all either lmao. I'mma come back when I eventually remember~

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Abomasnow – I swear I can hear it shouting Obama
    Aggron – All aboard the choo-choo train!
    Alomomola – Sounds kind of funny
    Celesteela – Odd sounding cry for an odd Pokémon
    Chatot – For some reason, hearing this cry brings back amazing memories in my life
    Chandelure – Doesn't sound natural in a good way
    Cherrim – Very cute cry for a very cute Pokémon (in its sunshine form)
    Cofagrigus – How can you not love it
    Combee – Very cute
    Combusken – I love the way it sounds and love imitating it
    Cresselia – Very cute cry, almost catlike
    Decidueye – Awesome cry
    Espeon – Cute sound
    Delphox – Sounds like it's screaming WTF
    Donphan – Another on of those cries that bring back good memories
    Drifblim – You can rap to that cry
    Dialga – I'm not really sure why, but I just love the way the cry sounds
    Empoleon – You can tell it means business
    Eternatus – For some reason, its cry brings back good memories
    Feraligatr – Sounds almost exactly like a bellowing alligator
    Froslass – A combination of cute and creepy
    Giratina – Sounds like a scream from the underworld
    Gothitele – Sounds like a horror movie sound effect
    Grapploct – "I smell cheese"
    Heatmor – Sounds like an actual living thing
    Heatran – It sounds like something malfunctioning, but in a cute way
    Heracross – Sounds like it's screaming OH MY GOD
    Honchkrow – A combination of a motorcycle revving and a scary death bird call
    Jynx – I love the rhythm
    Kricketune – How can you not love that cry
    Kyorge – Loud but cute sounding screech
    Litleo – Possibly the cutest cry ever
    Lumineon – Sounds soothing to the ears and relaxing
    Magnezone – Sounds like a mechanical Pacman dying
    Malamar – I don't know why, but it sounds really good
    Meloetta – Nice singing tone
    Mismagius – Sounds very playful, but kind of creepy at the same time
    Medicham – You can make some good music with that cry
    Musharna – So weird and mysterious
    Nidoking – Sounds intense