• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah, you don't need a boy friend/girl friend, to justify that you're gay, or when coming out. I'd think most parents would appreciate if you told them on your own time, and not when you have your bf/gf over... It would be disconcerting and awkward.

And to add too, you'd be surprised on how much love takes over precedent of social norms and such...

Years
  • I'm straight, but I think it's completely when fine someone's homosexual or bisexual, I don't mind at all.

I remember reading an article about this openly gay college student being beaten up and killed by a few people just because of his sexuality. He was stripped and hung on a fence naked, for all to see.
    I think it's just wrong and terrible...killing him just for that.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Completely random, but has anybody heard of the Day of Silence?

It's on April 17, and you don't speak for the entire day to raise awareness to bullying that LGBT people suffer from. I'm sure there is a website for it to explain it further.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Completely random, but has anybody heard of the Day of Silence?

It's on April 17, and you don't speak for the entire day to raise awareness to bullying that LGBT people suffer from. I'm sure there is a website for it to explain it further.
    I did that last year, my teachers all hated me.

Years

I was part of that once or twice. We gave out little fliers saying what it was about, but most people just ignored us and/or threw the fliers away.

I wonder if more silence is really a good idea.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years

I'm doing it this year, on account of my GSA.

I wonder if i will have science that day,
    I'm quite famous for being my spontanious, weird self. :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Completely random, but has anybody heard of the Day of Silence?

Actually it is the 16...

Oh and here is the website's URL. http://www.dayofsilence.org/index.cfm

I did that last year, my teachers all hated me.

Yeah, I did it last year. Before you read what I post next I want to say I'm one of the smartest in the class, and is always chosen first for review games. :P

In my American History class, we were doing a review game and me and my friend, also doing it, was on the same team together, and we didn't answer any of the questions. My teacher was saying stuff like this, "I'm sure Chris knows the answer. I wonder was he isn't answering." I know he was joking, but it was still a little annoying.

I was part of that once or twice. We gave out little fliers saying what it was about, but most people just ignored us and/or threw the fliers away.

I wonder if more silence is really a good idea.

My friend, Jacob Morrison, was handing out fliers and such. Everyone liked him and most supported homosexual marriage and such, so most of the school stayed quiet. Heck, even a couple of teachers did it with something like this written on the board, "No assignments today. Read or talk to your friends quietly."

By the way, I'm bi.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • ...In Oklahoma?

Where in the state are you located? Nobody cared about the moment of silence where I am. (Northeast Oklahoma).

In fact all I really remember was somebody making fun of the people who were remaining silent. He was a major homophobe.>_>

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Eugh. Homophobes are just idiots.

On a forum I used to frequent, I remember clearly (because I thought it was so stupid) this one person said:

I'm not homophobic because that means you're scared of gays.
    I just think they're wrong and unnatural and shouldn't be allowed.

o.O
    I mean, how stupid can you get?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I don't think that you should call someone -stupid- for being a homophobe or saying that. Clearly they were brought up one way, probably strongly believing in the bible, and you don't see their point of view :/

I just think calling someone stupid for what they personally think is wrong :/ Especially if they are willing to share their thoughts. Why would you want to attack them? They're not personally doing something against you.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I agree with Kura we need to be the bigger people and be more mature.

Kon~

Years
  • I don't think that you should call someone -stupid- for being a homophobe or saying that. Clearly they were brought up one way, probably strongly believing in the bible, and you don't see their point of view :/

I just think calling someone stupid for what they personally think is wrong :/ Especially if they are willing to share their thoughts. Why would you want to attack them? They're not personally doing something against you.

Ehh, you're right.

As before, I've taken a point and gone a little too far with it. I seriously need to start thinking properly before I type.

Although in the situation I mentioned, it was a little stupid, as we were talking about Dumbledore, and one person mentioned he was gay, and then this person just came from nowhere with that. They hadn't even been in the main discussion -.-

Again, you're right, I shouldn't label all homophobes as stupid.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Well I agree that stupidity is not the word... But I have an extremely hard time buying that many of these homophobes TRULY believe that because the Bible tells them so.

And you know, if you're really against something that people both can't control and doesn't really harm anybody, than I really think it should be kept to yourself. It's not your business.

Besides this particular homophobe WAS being stupid, saying crap like "All gays should be sent to their own little island", and I'm afraid that he was actually being 100% serious. People like that just need to shut up.

And the truth is a lot of the things that these people say are incredibly stupid... >_>

Kon~

Years
  • Has anyone ever heard the songs "I love Jesus" and "The Good Book" by Tim Minchin?

The former is about the Christian hatred of homosexuals and the latter about how people take the Bible seriously, and he usually sings them in close proximity during his shows.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Has anyone ever heard the songs "I love Jesus" and "The Good Book" by Tim Minchin?

The former is about the Christian hatred of homosexuals and the latter about how people take the Bible seriously, and he usually sings them in close proximity during his shows.
    Is it singing against the Christian hatred of homosexuals? I would assume so, as I don't see how anyone would be able to get a song published when it's saying "AIDS CURES GAYS RA RA RA"

o.o

Kon~

Years
  • Is it singing against the Christian hatred of homosexuals? I would assume so, as I don't see how anyone would be able to get a song published when it's saying "AIDS CURES GAYS RA RA RA"

o.o

Yeah, it's against. He sings "I~ love~ Je~ sus~" over and over again and gets everyone to join in, and then suddenly switches to "I~ hate~ fa~ ggots~" and keeps that up for a bit.

And then at the end, he sort of stops, all nervous, and says "What happened? It was all going so well, why did you all stop?
    Oh well, perhaps those are ideas best shared in churches."

OOOH!

Yeah. It's a song with a punchline.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    O.o what kind of threead is this(no, im not being a Homophobe, I have a friend who is lez..?)?! Im straight! (yes i like mew, nope i dont like pink -.-")

Cebalrai

Your Burmy Buddy!
    Years
  • It's a thread for gay/bi/lesbian/transexual/intersexual/pansexual/asexual/plant people to talk about issues concering all things related to the GBLTIPAP peoples.

That's what kind of thread this is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back