• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
  • Make America Straight Again....?? They won't win that war. There's probably just as many LGBT people in the world as straight ppl, they just don't come out. But if the numbers added up, they'd have too many people against them. :|

Judging by how the medical communitty reacts to the idea of turning a person from gay to straight (you can't), they won't win. Likewise, their rather radical stance turns many people off.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i have arrived just in time for wrath.

anyway hi, i'm syd. i'm bisexual and nonbinary. i'm okay with whatever pronouns honestly, but usually stick to they/them just to make things simple.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i have arrived just in time for wrath.

anyway hi, i'm syd. i'm bisexual and nonbinary. i'm okay with whatever pronouns honestly, but usually stick to they/them just to make things simple.
    May I ask how you came to realize you were nonbinary? And how you regard nonbinary vs being agender? (because I'm still doing my own exploration and I'm very confused :3 ) If you don't want to elaborate that's fine though!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • May I ask how you came to realize you were nonbinary? And how you regard nonbinary vs being agender? (because I'm still doing my own exploration and I'm very confused :3 ) If you don't want to elaborate that's fine though!

no problem! i came to that conclusion because for the longest time, i never quite saw myself as female. when i was young, i preferred a lot of typically male titles (ex. i wanted to be a husband and not a wife) and when i would imagine how i would be as an elderly person, i always thought of myself as an old man. i was a tomboy type. i liked to play in mud, i'd spit on the ground, i liked video games (which growing up in the 90's/early 00's, that was seen as a more male thing to do ofc), i wanted to pee standing outside lmfao, i preferred boys clothes to girls (though now i look back and think that maybe fashion was just bad then and honestly yeah it was). you know all of those times i had my gender listed as male on here? ughhh it was so relieving when people would think i was actually a guy. i mean saying all this now you'd think i'd have ended up a trans man. but i grew into my femininity later. much, much later. i finally liked feminine clothes, make up became very fun and freeing and expressive, pink was suddenly The Color. ofc i want anyone reading this to understand that none of this stuff makes you exclusively male or female (see me for example) but finally growing into what i had long been socialized for had me thinking if i had just been in a phase all of that time as a child.

and then i realized...nah. it wasn't a phase. just part of the road to self discovery lol. after a while of thinking i was too girly for the boys and too boyish for the girls, i largely decided you know. maybe i'm both. maybe i'm neither. something in between? i found that nonbinary best suited a way to describe myself. aha at some point i was convinced i was basically just a gay man with a female body. admittedly my body still makes me feel dysphoric at times, but there are some days i'm totally fine with it. not enough that i would ever get surgery over it but u kno. if i had to really, really pinpoint myself down, i'd say i'm more masculine in terms of mind, i just present very femininely. although i'm fine with any pronoun, if i had to rank them in terms of what i want to be referred as, it'd be they > he > she.

as far as compared to agender though, as i understand it, agender seems to be like. the lack of a gender? so you know. like. a starmie or a solrock. they don't have a gender. to tell you the truth though, i'm not so sure where to draw a line between the two. agender seems to be lacking, nonbinary seems to be like...you have a gender, it's just not entirely male or female (ie. not on the binary). that's how i'm looking at it anyway? sorry if this is not helpful aha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    no problem! i came to that conclusion because for the longest time, i never quite saw myself as female. when i was young, i preferred a lot of typically male titles (ex. i wanted to be a husband and not a wife) and when i would imagine how i would be as an elderly person, i always thought of myself as an old man. i was a tomboy type. i liked to play in mud, i'd spit on the ground, i liked video games (which growing up in the 90's/early 00's, that was seen as a more male thing to do ofc), i wanted to pee standing outside lmfao, i preferred boys clothes to girls (though now i look back and think that maybe fashion was just bad then and honestly yeah it was). you know all of those times i had my gender listed as male on here? ughhh it was so relieving when people would think i was actually a guy. i mean saying all this now you'd think i'd have ended up a trans man. but i grew into my femininity later. much, much later. i finally liked feminine clothes, make up became very fun and freeing and expressive, pink was suddenly The Color. ofc i want anyone reading this to understand that none of this stuff makes you exclusively male or female (see me for example) but finally growing into what i had long been socialized for had me thinking if i had just been in a phase all of that time as a child.

and then i realized...nah. it wasn't a phase. just part of the road to self discovery lol. after a while of thinking i was too girly for the boys and too boyish for the girls, i largely decided you know. maybe i'm both. maybe i'm neither. something in between? i found that nonbinary best suited a way to describe myself. aha at some point i was convinced i was basically just a gay man with a female body. admittedly my body still makes me feel dysphoric at times, but there are some days i'm totally fine with it. not enough that i would ever get surgery over it but u kno. if i had to really, really pinpoint myself down, i'd say i'm more masculine in terms of mind, i just present very femininely. although i'm fine with any pronoun, if i had to rank them in terms of what i want to be referred as, it'd be they > he > she.

as far as compared to agender though, as i understand it, agender seems to be like. the lack of a gender? so you know. like. a starmie or a solrock. they don't have a gender. to tell you the truth though, i'm not so sure where to draw a line between the two. agender seems to be lacking, nonbinary seems to be like...you have a gender, it's just not entirely male or female (ie. not on the binary). that's how i'm looking at it anyway? sorry if this is not helpful aha.
    Ooh this is so interesting to hear, thank you for sharing, Syd! Very helpful, I think.

Comparing your journey to my own on-going exploration, I think I'm quite different then. I was also more into boyish interests as a kid, but I didn't feel out of place with the girls either. I was never really wishing I'd be a boy or feeling dysphoric about my body. Largely I just accepted that I was called a girl and like, cool, I'll fight for women's rights etc wohoo!

But I've come to realize that I feel much less strongly about my own gender than many others do. My closest friends seem quite comfortable in their binary spectrum (they haven't indicated otherwise at least!) and I don't feel like I'm halfway to "boy" or even much of a "girl" past the physical. I'm ok with being a girl physically, always was, but I never wanted that to really... matter kinda? More and more, I don't think I want to be seen as a girl ahah, I want to be seen as a person.

So if I don't really feel like I'm a gender between boy and girl, and don't really know or understand or have a particular wish to be some third/other gender in this society, then maybe I'm actually agender after all? :) that's exciting!

Edit: lol on the topic of preferring "husband" as title, i'm called "dadventure" on the server now and it's neat

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ooh this is so interesting to hear, thank you for sharing, Syd! Very helpful, I think.

Comparing your journey to my own on-going exploration, I think I'm quite different then. I was also more into boyish interests as a kid, but I didn't feel out of place with the girls either. I was never really wishing I'd be a boy or feeling dysphoric about my body. Largely I just accepted that I was called a girl and like, cool, I'll fight for women's rights etc wohoo!

But I've come to realize that I feel much less strongly about my own gender than many others do. My closest friends seem quite comfortable in their binary spectrum (they haven't indicated otherwise at least!) and I don't feel like I'm halfway to "boy" or even much of a "girl" past the physical. I'm ok with being a girl physically, always was, but I never wanted that to really... matter kinda? More and more, I don't think I want to be seen as a girl ahah, I want to be seen as a person.

So if I don't really feel like I'm a gender between boy and girl, and don't really know or understand or have a particular wish to be some third/other gender in this society, then maybe I'm actually agender after all? :) that's exciting!

see, that's great! it's always very exciting when you figure out where to place yourself and what label works best for you (or for some people, perhaps no label at all)! and sometimes things can change too and that's also okay. experimenting with different pronouns and labels until you find what best suits you is something i think can help tremendously, but then you run into people that call you fake or a "trans trender" and it's like lmfao no???? exploration is, i believe, healthy and completely natural. little did i realize all of those times i set my gender to male here on pc, i was experimenting. and it helped lead me to where i am now. and if after all that stuff someone realizes that they're cis and completely comfortable with their assigned gender, that's also okay. nothing wrong with questioning or needing to figure things out. after all, sometimes you can't figure things out until you stretch yourself. only thing wrong to do is be an ass to people abt it or try to police it lol.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Well, to combat LGBTQ+ wrath month, this will officially be the Clubhouse's Club of the Month! So congrats! <33

And thank you to everyone sharing your stories, too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    By the way, what does Wrath month mean?

When Pride month is over, companies supposedly drop their Pride flag marketing and go back to ignoring LGBTQ+ issues. There's also memes swarming around like "pride month is over, it's illegal to be gay now lol"

Lil.lady.k

Waifer Koruni
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2020
    May i join? Im a single bisexual girl who is looking for love, right now preferably a girlfriend

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    May i join? Im a single bisexual girl who is looking for love, right now preferably a girlfriend
    Welcome! While we are not a dating site, I can't deny that couples have indeed formed here, plenty of times. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back