• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • Henlooo, I'm Salzorrah, and I'm non-binary! My pronouns are She/They/He in order of preference (most to least) and when it comes to sexual preference, I'm open to both, but with romantic preference, I'm more attracted to females.

Also yes happy pride month yall <3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Wow, I didn't know this was a thing.

SUP

I'm Sho, and I'm a trans guy, who's also pansexual.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welcome, all new members :3 Happy Pride month!

Henlooo, I'm Salzorrah, and I'm non-binary! My pronouns are She/They/He in order of preference (most to least) and when it comes to sexual preference, I'm open to both, but with romantic preference, I'm more attracted to females.

oo I didn't know you preferred She these days! I'll keep it in mind <3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Henlooo, I'm Salzorrah, and I'm non-binary! My pronouns are She/They/He in order of preference (most to least) and when it comes to sexual preference, I'm open to both, but with romantic preference, I'm more attracted to females.

I thought you were just female the entire time I've seen you around, tbh, so that makes it easy to use she primarily.
    I also went with non-binary for a time, buuuut in the end, I've always felt more male, oop.

hi everyone! welcome to the club!!! happy pride month :sloheart:

Yes, happy pride month!!

A friend of mine gave me a pride bracelet from the local festival. He and his husband went, but I had to miss it due to work.

Even though I know it's over the top and everyone is wasted, I do really want to go next year.

Has anyone else ever gone to a pride celebration before??

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • oo I didn't know you preferred She these days! I'll keep it in mind <3

I mean I've always been referred to as she tho for years now. Idk I just feel v happy inside when people call me that, and when people refer to me as they. He's is a bit weird, like I still accept that part but like I have two more pronouns that I prefer so yea lmao

I thought you were just female the entire time I've seen you around, tbh, so that makes it easy to use she primarily.
    I also went with non-binary for a time, buuuut in the end, I've always felt more male, oop.

---

I guess I have been presented myself more feminine online, which I love, but I've been trying to atleast move closer to the middle. I mean even irl, I'm actually aiming to be more in the middle as well, but most of my clothes are masculine so im still working on that.

As for pride celebrations, I've wanted to go to one, but I feel like I'm still not ready for it yet.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I mean I've always been referred to as she tho for years now. Idk I just feel v happy inside when people call me that, and when people refer to me as they. He's is a bit weird, like I still accept that part but like I have two more pronouns that I prefer so yea lmao.
    I just think I've always called you by "they" for the past years, but good to know that that was also okay then :3

I'm still ok with being called "she", I guess, even though I've noticed that it makes me feel more comfortable to be called "they" ; I don't think it'll ever be possible IRL to get people to try and use anything else for me, especially not in Swedish. After all, I'll still call myself a girl for the sake of convenience, I just don't want it to really mean more than my skin color or body length: something I was born with and am comfortable with, but not something that should be allowed to dictate how others treat me or what I'm allowed to do.

It really took me quite a while and discussion to realize that not everbody felt so apathetic towards their own gender as I do though haha. I'm glad I learned, because now I can fully respect people who feel strongly about their gender identity instead of me being confused about it.

My town had a fullblown Pride Parade a few weeks back! I managed to get some students from my workplace going with me and it was loads of fun :D a bit of a pity that walking in the parade means that you don't see the big cool showy stuff it consists of though, but the mood with all the music and cheering and flags and people dressed up and with makeup of all kinds where we walked through the whole city was exhilarating :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Haven't been to a pride celebration and I'm super hesitant about attending. I don't exactly feel great being a trans person considering I don't feel 100% safe even within the confines of the LGB community.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Wwwhhh, Rika that's pretty cool!

I'm a little like Angie, because being trans didn't feel good to me for a long time, and I was never comfortable labeling myself as much else either, so I felt like I wanted to go to Pride events, but I didn't know why I wanted to go. Like, what I felt comfortable attending as if people asked or wondered or whatever. I suppose I knew, but at the time, family was trying to talk me out of feeling that way, so it took me some years. lol

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hello to everyone who joined!

I've been to pride celebrations but never the proper pride festivals that take place in NYC, which is such a damn shame because I know it's one of the greatest gatherings on earth for lgbt+ people. Even though I'm not 100% out as gay yet, I've been an open ally for many, many years and really need to go!

Years
  • Has anyone else ever gone to a pride celebration before??

I've actually never been to a full-fledged pride parade! We do a "Pride in the Park" event in our town, and I've been to it like twice, but didn't attend this year due to a last minute change in schedule. (It was originally on a Saturday and was later pushed to a Sunday when I had rehearsal). I want to go to a bigger Pride parade, but I just haven't managed to make it work as far as scheduling goes. :<

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i've never been to a pride festival. never went as a teen since i didnt really exactly know what my identity was then. still a little unsure now tbh

havent been at all here since i live in the south and im not really out irl. plus im terrified to go by myself.

ChibiCheezit

Sinnoh Girl
    Years
  • Hello! My name is Courtney! I'm a cis girl, ace lesbian, and single! I use she/her pronouns! I'm hoping I can make friends and possibly find a gf on here since my friend found his wife on a Disney forum website! Feel free to message me and ask for my discord!

Years
  • Hello! My name is Courtney! I'm a cis girl, ace lesbian, and single! I use she/her pronouns! I'm hoping I can make friends and possibly find a gf on here since my friend found his wife on a Disney forum website! Feel free to message me and ask for my discord!

hi there - welcome to PC as well as this club!

ChibiCheezit

Sinnoh Girl
    Years
  • hi there - welcome to PC as well as this club!

Thank you!! I'm happy to be a part of it!! I haven't had luck in other places when it comes to people and possible SOs with the same interests as me who also live relatively close to me, so maybe this will be the place I find love! Lol

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • First off, apologies for not being as active as I would want (School, vacation and some minor health issues). Secondly, I don't know if anyone had brought this up, but there is apparently a thing known as the NIFB who had a conference known as the "Make America Straight Again" on the anniversary of the Pulse massacre that killed 49 people. The common refrain among this group is that LGBT+ individuals should not exist and should perish or be executed.

Obviously, this is a pretty horrible group to advocate that LGBT+ individuals should perish for simply existing. Luckily, a bunch of people are calling them out for their revolting goals and saying that they deserve to live in many cases. I don't mean to be a Debby Downer, but I thought that this was something to make people aware of.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Make America Straight Again....?? They won't win that war. There's probably just as many LGBT people in the world as straight ppl, they just don't come out. But if the numbers added up, they'd have too many people against them. :|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back