• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lillie & Kanto in USUM

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Wait was that confirmed?
    While they have not explicitly stated that these are not sequels, it's so terribly obvious that they're not and I don't get why people still think that they are or could be.

But anyway, Lille will be in these games. She was a major character of Sun/Moon and so it would stand to reason that she would be in their "3rd versions". What exactly her role will be and her personality will be like though, idk. We don't know how different the story of Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will be compared to S/M.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    wait... i just watched the trailer from the pokenn tournament xd and the usum reveal, and there is literally nothing pointing out that the games are in an alternate universe. the gameplay does show revamped locations and moves, but those reoccured in BW2 too. can somebody tell me why these are remakes, and not sequels?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    wait... i just watched the trailer from the pokenn tournament xd and the usum reveal, and there is literally nothing pointing out that the games are in an alternate universe. the gameplay does show revamped locations and moves, but those reoccured in BW2 too. can somebody tell me why these are remakes, and not sequels?
    During the direct, after they showed the trailer Masuda said these games were to be "alternate stories" to Sun and Moon.

pkmin3033

Given that it was not specifically stated in the direct, and that it would be far too predictable, I do not see these games being sequels in the same manner that B2W2 were. This does not mean, however, that they could not be set after SM; maybe even decades afterwards.

"Alternate story" could mean just about anything. Lillie could return in her late twenties as a fully accomplished trainer. Hell, it could even be set before and we could see a young Lusamine. There are a lot of possibilities.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    However, in the japanese direct, this was never stated. So they can still be sequels.
    That's kind of a stretch. Just because they never mentioned it during the Japan direct it doesn't make sequels anymore possible.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Given that it was not specifically stated in the direct, and that it would be far too predictable, I do not see these games being sequels in the same manner that B2W2 were. This does not mean, however, that they could not be set after SM; maybe even decades afterwards.

"Alternate story" could mean just about anything. Lillie could return in her late twenties as a fully accomplished trainer. Hell, it could even be set before and we could see a young Lusamine. There are a lot of possibilities.
    I rather Gladion be the trainer of the family. Lillie can probably raise pokemon in daycare or something.

pkmin3033

I rather Gladion be the trainer of the family. Lillie can probably raise pokemon in daycare or something.
    That seems highly unlikely, given Lillie's stated desire to be a trainer...and Gladion's total lack of anything resembling a personality, never mind some tangible goals. That said, I would have thought being a breeder would have suited Lillie as well, given her generally passive nature.

But then, if these games were set 10+ years in the future, an older Lillie could be a completely different person. I guess we'll see what they do with her. One way or another, I can't see her not being in these games.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I think Lillie returning is a plus. Maybe she'll be bringing in some Kanto Pokemon with her, much like the tourists trainer class. But I don't think, nor want to, we'll be travelling to Kanto.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Lillie is a character that wasn't really needed in SM. So it is not really a plus.

what I meant was a plus as in positive as in I'm sure of it.

but hey, she's got good character development throughout the story and I like her very much.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    She didn't let us play; every few minutes another cut-scene of her! She's pretty much the protagonist - the character who propels the story forward, the character who makes the key decisions, the character who affects all of the other main characters. We're pretty much just chaperoning her around Alola. {XD}

It'd be nice if she started as a trainer alongside us.

Years
    She didn't let us play; every few minutes another cut-scene of her! She's pretty much the protagonist - the character who propels the story forward, the character who makes the key decisions, the character who affects all of the other main characters. We're pretty much just chaperoning her around Alola. {XD}

It'd be nice if she started as a trainer alongside us.

I think you do have a strong point since I feel Lillie is even more of a main protagonist than the actual player character. In fact, he/she had to be Lillie's protector due to being a more skilled battler than Lillie.

pkmin3033

Making Lillie sound more and more like Ashley in Resident Evil 4...not that I disagree, but I would hope that, irrespective of whether these games are sequels or alternate versions or whatever, she wouldn't be joined to the player character at the hip this time. And that if she's going to be an integral part of the plot, she'll actually do more than delay it.

I also find it hilarious that people are peddling Gladion for a better choice when he has even less of a personality than Lillie does. Gladion is just kinda there. He's massively overshadowed by his mother and his sister, and having him take any kind of central role would be even worse if these games are continuations because there's nothing to build on with him. He's a waste of space.

Back