• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lillie & Kanto in USUM

pkmin3033

That might be kind of interesting to see, Gladion and Lillie switch roles....or it'd be slightly amusing at least.
    They wouldn't have to completely swap personalities - although travelling with tsundere Gladion would be even more annoying than timid Lillie I think, haha - but I think it'd be more interesting to see. I think if they are going to have Lillie in USUM as much as she was in SM, if the games aren't sequels, then they need to change her significantly or it's going to feel like a bad rehash. Putting her in Gladion's shoes could be fun~

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Lillie's a cutie, dude. I hope she's in the games.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Claiming your opinion is fact IS implying your opinion is better. That was my point, and my objection. Saying "this is fact" when it is your opinion. I'm comfortable to agree to disagree on the point of Gladion being better or worse than Lillie as a character, though.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt fan feedback will contribute to how much either of them appear; generally Lillie was very well received by the fans, and it seems likely they will want to pursue that in some form. Although the possibility that Gladion could replace Lillie as the hand-holding guide character, if these are alternate story games, is not entirely remote. Seeing things from his perspective, with a role reversal of sorts going on, could be interesting.
    No. i am not implying anything. Stop arguing with me. I told you to agree to disagree. The only part of lillie i like was when she left for Kanto. Gladion stayed on as a challenger for the league was great. My opinion.

Lillie's a cutie, dude. I hope she's in the games.
    No she is not. She is no way nice looking.

Just saying, none of the characters in Sun/Moon have any real character development.

This is not to say that they all have literally no development, but it's so absolutely minimal really.

That might be kind of interesting to see, Gladion and Lillie switch roles....or it'd be slightly amusing at least.
    Only lillie didn't had development. The rest did. And no, lillie should not take Gladion's role.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    No actually you are wrong. Lillie is a horrible character.

She's a total cutie, damsel in distress character, that gives the protagonist someone/something to fight for, other than Pokemon in peril (as if we haven't seen that before).

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    She's a total cutie, damsel in distress character, that gives the protagonist someone/something to fight for, other than Pokemon in peril (as if we haven't seen that before).
    She really isn't. She is irrelevent character that has no purpose in the game.

pkmin3033

Lillie & Kanto in USUM

...on a minor, general note, I love how we've all just discarded the possibility of going to Kanto in USUM to find her. xD

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Has anyone ever told you you're persuasive and convincing in your arguments? 'Cause I think they'd have been lying.
    The only one lying is you so stop it.

Lillie & Kanto in USUM

...on a minor, general note, I love how we've all just discarded the possibility of going to Kanto in USUM to find her. xD
    That is because we are not going to kanto. Lillie can stay there for all i care.

pkmin3033

That is because we are not going to kanto. Lillie can stay there for all i care.
    Well, if the games aren't sequels/set after SM, then Lillie probably won't even be in Kanto; she'll still be in Alola. I think that far more likely.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    ... Seriously? I know you dislike Lillie dude, but c'mon. The entire game was basically about her...

By the looks of it, pretty much everyone agrees that returning to Kanto is extremely slim. It's just not worth discussing.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Hate and heat aside.... the Kanto thing.

Even though I feel like we're not going to Kanto, since going back to Kanto is beating a dead horse, if this truly is an alternate universe, I'd rather see Lillie be a trainer this time around in Alola, rather than her going to Kanto at the end of S/M.

That is, assuming these games aren't sequels, anyway.

If it IS a sequel, and she comes back from Kanto, blah blah blah, etcetera, I really hope that'd be the only mention Kanto gets in-game. We really need to let that region rest. I'll wait for the next few trailers to see if Lillie is in them before determining what her role is or isn't going to be in these games.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hey gang, it's okay to have opinions, but maaaaaybe we could be a little bit more subtle, and more respectful about difference of them?

Just a friendly lil'Dragon message.
    Please carry on. ^^

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    ... Seriously? I know you dislike Lillie dude, but c'mon. The entire game was basically about her...
    No it wasn't. SM was all about our character going through the trials, beating pokemon league, facing ultra beasts and completing pokedex. Lillie is not the major character of the game.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    alexander18 can you not

i on the other hand absolutely love lillie and can relate to her a lot personality wise how she was in the beginning. i really, really hope she comes back in usum! and gladion as well. i just hope we get some sort of backstory to lusamine as well, that'd be interesting to see. lillie is one of my favorite characters ever in any pokemon game (and pokemon sm is my second favorite pokemon game ever, second to explorers of sky), and i'd be super happy if we got to see her come back and see her have more character development from returning from kanto and growing more as a character.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    No it wasn't. SM was all about our character going through the trials, beating pokemon league, facing ultra beasts and completing pokedex. Lillie is not the major character of the game.
    She (probably) has the most dialogue in the game, has the legendary Pok?mon of the game for nearly the entire story, and her mom is the main antagonist.

Totally not a major character.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    She (probably) has the most dialogue in the game, has the legendary Pok?mon of the game for nearly the entire story, and her mom is the main antagonist.

Totally not a major character.

Legendary was never hers. Main villain doesn't imply anything for lillie. Dialog also does not imply anything. We are the main character.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Legendary was never hers. Main villain doesn't imply anything for lillie. Dialog also does not imply anything. We are the main character.
    You are only trolling the thread at this point. As such, I have to ask you to stop posting in this thread, or you will receive an infraction for disrespect and trolling.

Everybody else, just ignore him and keep discussing the actual topic of the thread.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Alright back on main topic.

How about Lilie returning as a trainer of power? e.g. gym leader/trial? Do you think it is a possibility.

With Lillie obtaining a A-Vulpix in the anime, there's a chance that could get featured. Maybe an Ice-type elitist? She has the color scheme for it.

Back