• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lillie & Kanto in USUM

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Her being A gym leader/trial captain, I could see. Maybe the first one, taking place of Ilima? Or maybe a trial on Mount Lanakila if the Pokemon League is no longer there.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Her being A gym leader/trial captain, I could see. Maybe the first one, taking place of Ilima? Or maybe a trial on Mount Lanakila if the Pokemon League is no longer there.

I doubt Pokemon League will be moved away.

How about as an 8th gym leader? We only have 7 trials really.

Ilima
    Lana
    Kiawe
    Mallow
    Sophocles
    Acerola- Lili can replace this too as Acerola is an E4 already. Location-wise, it's also near Lanakila
    Mina
    missing 8th

pkmin3033

I think it'd be a bit of a downgrade if Lillie returned as just anything less than the Champion, honestly, in the event that these are sequels and/or build upon what SM have. I think there is a fairly strong argument for her actually being the main character of SM, and to have her appear in such a minor role after she was in 90% of the game after that, whilst not an unusual move, would be a downgrade. I didn't like her character and didn't think much of her development, but the point remains that an awful lot of focus was put into her, and it'd be pretty much wasted if that was all she amounted to, especially if her story is continued in USUM

I envision her having a mixed team with a blue/white kind of theme, though. Or maybe some Pokemon that mirror Lusamine's - Whimsicott to her Lilligant, Wigglytuff to her Clefable, Gyarados to her Milotic, Ursaring/Beartic to her Bewear, etc. It'd show a certain connection to her mother, yet symbolise her rebellion against her, too.

jombii

Years
  • I envision her having a mixed team with a blue/white kind of theme, though. Or maybe some Pokemon that mirror Lusamine's - Whimsicott to her Lilligant, Wigglytuff to her Clefable, Gyarados to her Milotic, Ursaring/Beartic to her Bewear, etc. It'd show a certain connection to her mother, yet symbolise her rebellion against her, too.

I like this a lot. A froslass too to her Mismagius

pkmin3033

I like this a lot. A froslass too to her Mismagius
    I couldn't think of a Pokemon to match Mismagius; now that you mention it it seems painfully obvious that it'd be Froslass! xD

Her sixth Pokemon - if she has one - could be Alolan Ninetales in a nod to the anime, although I think it'd be more likely to be either a Kanto starter with a Mega Stone (hopefully not Charizard X, although Y would be alright) or something with an exclusive Z-move...if she was the Champion and had come from Kanto, anyway.

jombii

Years
  • I couldn't think of a Pokemon to match Mismagius; now that you mention it it seems painfully obvious that it'd be Froslass! xD

Her sixth Pokemon - if she has one - could be Alolan Ninetales in a nod to the anime, although I think it'd be more likely to be either a Kanto starter with a Mega Stone (hopefully not Charizard X, although Y would be alright) or something with an exclusive Z-move...if she was the Champion and had come from Kanto, anyway.

Yeah, Froslass is. Dusk to Dawn. Ghost to Ghost.

Too bad A-Ninetelas is already used by Kukui. But hey, I'll still take it as a sixth member.

pkmin3033

Yeah, Froslass is. Dusk to Dawn. Ghost to Ghost.

Too bad A-Ninetelas is already used by Kukui. But hey, I'll still take it as a sixth member.
    Well, Kukui is - or was - a substitute for a real Champion, so that wouldn't necessarily mean anything, regardless of whether Lillie was Champion or a Gym Leader/Trial Captain, because Kukui wouldn't take the same role. I suppose he might challenge the player again for their title if that feature is kept, but even if he does it doesn't necessarily mean Lillie couldn't use it as well.

Years
  • Well, Kukui is - or was - a substitute for a real Champion, so that wouldn't necessarily mean anything, regardless of whether Lillie was Champion or a Gym Leader/Trial Captain, because Kukui wouldn't take the same role. I suppose he might challenge the player again for their title if that feature is kept, but even if he does it doesn't necessarily mean Lillie couldn't use it as well.

Kukui's role as the "Champion" was because he tells the protagonist that they are the first Alola Champion and that he's their test to prove they can hold the title. This explains why there's a Title Defense by random challengers in the subsequent Pokemon League rematches.

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    If it is an alternate world it is possible she does not exist or maybe she is the leader of Team Skull and we get a more punk Lillie 😜

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I've always thought that Lillie as the Champion would be a really cool idea. It would be the first time that we had a travelling companion or rival style character as the champion since the original Kanto story, and it would be an appropriate ending to her overall character arc - it would show how tough she really is.

She's certain to be in the games at least, given that she's essentially the primary character in Alola so far. So far, we have never had a story-relevant NPC just disappear completely in a third version or sequel, or even a remake. There's no chance at all she's going to be significantly sidelined in favor of someone brand new.

What I could see happening, although I really don't think it's likely, is her role being swapped with Gladion's. But that would be hard to pull off, unless she never escapes from the Foundation at all - maybe she even sides with Lusamine, or becomes a major antagonist instead of her mother? Who knows?

pkmin3033

Lillie as a major antagonist would be interesting, given that we've never had an antagonist around the protagonist's age...Silver doesn't really count, despite his generally hostile personality. If she retained the same amount of attention in USUM in that role as she did in SM, she'd be a much more interesting character for it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    It's not the sequel! They said it was sun and moon again with a modified story.

Honestly I think we ought to avoid conclusions on whether it's a sequel or alternate story until we get more plot information. The information we have now suggests the latter, sure, but it's not explicit enough to be totally conclusive. It's even conceivable that it could kind of be both - set in an alternate universe and at a later date. Lillie's role could have a lot to do with that element of the story structure, too.

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    It's not the sequel! They said it was sun and moon again with a modified story.

Actually they said alternate world which could mean an Alola in the universe world. Let's not forget in the first ORAS trailer it was said to be an all new adventure in Hoenn so wording in this series has never been super ckear

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Exactly which could mean anything. For example ultra space is in SUMO so it would still fit if it was based in that world or a full on new story in regular Alola. Truth is nobody can say anything is confirmed till we get info

Omg wait though. This would absolutely never happen given that we "know" so far that Ultra Space is generally weird and otherworldly and basically like the Distortion World - but what if this IS Ultra Space? What if part of the concept is that Ultra Space to the SM universe is just another iteration of their world, but one in which Ultra Beasts are more prevalent, so they're violent because they know the differences are indicative of the SM dimension not being their home? That would provide a really solid basis for Lillie potentially being radically different because the events that led to her family issues wouldn't have occurred, since the Nihilego experiment with her father would have gone the other direction (unless both Mohn were swapped or something). Kanto could be mixed in maybe? But I'm thinking it would be more about the alteration to Lillie's character and the events which precipitated the original story.

#JustFanonThings

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • I don't see why we would see her again (or Kanto for that matter). SUMO didn't hint at any return for her.

I didn't like the character regardless, so I hope to see something a bit more interesting than Lillie.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I don't see why we would see her again (or Kanto for that matter). SUMO didn't hint at any return for her.

I didn't like the character regardless, so I hope to see something a bit more interesting than Lillie.
    Agreed although these games seem kind of like third versions so unfortunately she be in it. They probably add a few things to her role in the game but i wouldn't really care in my opinion.

Back