• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lol #hashtags

Years
  • I don't care about their usage online (I personally use them pretty often), but it grinds my gears when people use them in real life... it's just not necessary, even if it is in jest.

Wait, what? How does using hashtags out of the internet context work? o.o Like people making the hashtag symbol with their fingers? I watched a video on YouTube between Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake where they were performing a skit in regards to people using them in real life. It seems so annoying and I would probably knock out whoever does that >>;;

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • Wait, what? How does using hashtags out of the internet context work? o.o Like people making the hashtag symbol with their fingers? I watched a video on YouTube between Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake where they were performing a skit in regards to people using them in real life. It seems so annoying and I would probably knock out whoever does that >>;;

'hashtag' this, 'hashtag' that, 'hashtag' the other. Reaaaaaally annoying, especially if they complement it with that hand gesture (which, thankfully, is a rarity)

Years
  • I absolutely love hashtags.
    Originally, I started using them ironically, but now I cannot help myself.
    More oft than not, I use them in texting or in social media all the time.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I find hashtag to be kind of... stupid imo.

Especially those people who used hashtags on Facebook back when they didn't evne implemented them yet. It's like... why use it...? You post a regular picture on Facebook and yet you put useless hashtags >>
    People also use hashtags on anything nowadays.

#Soannoying

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I love hashtags. I mean, I use them fairly ironically on twitter. Occasionally I will use them seriously: such as in giveaways/publicity events or when I'm giving context for a tweet. (ie: "i've already hatched 300 eggs, i can't believe this #pokemonxy") More often, I'll do them jokingly. (ie: "whoops stayed up until 5am on a school night... #responsibleadult")

The only other place I go that uses tags is tumblr and there I use them mainly for categorizing my posts (by fandom, generally) but also to give commentary that I don't want cluttering up the post itself. I looove the way tumblr uses tags for both reasons and I probably enjoy reading tags on posts more than the posts themselves.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • there's an interesting article i've read that suggested that hashtags have now evolved as forms of "asides." if you're familiar with shakespeare's plays, asides are usually those moments when characters either murmur quietly to themselves, or verbalise their thoughts (without the others hearing, of course). i think it's interesting, because hashtags do tend to have a trend of usage. i've never really seen someone type or say something like, "#i #want #food" (unless it's in jest), but they're often used like, "i want chocolate #yummy," the "yummy," being an aside or insight.
    personally, i think they put some variety in written and spoken language. i don't personally use them that much, as i'm usually very upfront about my "asides" or thoughts, but i have friends who often use them, and i don't mind the least.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Ive never been a big fan of hashtags, not because of the hashtags themselves, but because of how people overdo them...
    I use them myself every now and then, mostly in a funny and very non-sense way

#likethis

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • My rule is, use them properly or don't use them at all. I stay away from sites that use hashtags a lot so I don't see the really annoying people. I use no more than two and I'll use them properly or as a joke.

They've gotten out of hand for most people now. They can be funny if ised right. Otherwise they're just annoying.

there's an interesting article i've read that suggested that hashtags have now evolved as forms of "asides." if you're familiar with shakespeare's plays, asides are usually those moments when characters either murmur quietly to themselves, or verbalise their thoughts (without the others hearing, of course). i think it's interesting, because hashtags do tend to have a trend of usage. i've never really seen someone type or say something like, "#i #want #food" (unless it's in jest), but they're often used like, "i want chocolate #yummy," the "yummy," being an aside or insight.
    personally, i think they put some variety in written and spoken language. i don't personally use them that much, as i'm usually very upfront about my "asides" or thoughts, but i have friends who often use them, and i don't mind the least.

This is a very cool thought!

Years
  • I'm not really active on sites that use hashtags a bunch, so I haven't gotten into the habit yet of using them at all. While I do find their usage to be a bit silly at times, at least outside of the places where they're useful, it hasn't gotten to the point where I'm actually annoyed by them. I guess I figure if they're the new thing to use, then I might as well just sit back and get used to seeing them. :P

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Wait... I thought this was a number sign? # How did it ever get associated with hashing?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I hate them. Blame #yoloswag and stuff like that. People using them senselessly, is when people annoy me with hashtags. Either learn to use them or get rid of them.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Hashtags... I sometimes use it to tag my posts. That is what hashtags are for.

#IPlaceMyInnerMonologueInTagsAtTumblrAsWell

But when people abuse hashtags #by #placing #them #before #every #word, it gets annoying.

Back