• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking back @ 2013...

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    ...What video games do you remember purchasing last year, and which ones were your favourites / least favourites? Basically, how many video games did you play, or buy, last year? Feel free to make a list, or however else you'd like to do for this topic!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    There are way too many to count, but definitely my video gaming highlights was Bioshock Infinite and buying myself a PS2/SNES. Bioshock Infinite was a great end to the Bioshock series (and highlights one of my favorite characters of Elizabeth), and the addition of these consoles helped me get a bunch of games that I missed out on my childhood including God of War, Super Metroid, the Jak and Daxter series, and Chrono Trigger.

The biggest disappointment was Dead Island Riptide. I really got into the original, but for some reason after playing only 10 minutes of the sequel I just shrugged the game off. It didn't really impress me that much.

Years
    Last year I started hoarding older games that I found in the stores and those included: Killzone 2, Resistance: Fall of Man, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus, and Chrono Cross. The newer ones included: The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite, Ni no Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix, Call of Duty: Ghosts. Also bought my 3DS + Theathrhythm Final Fantasy + Pokemon X towards the end of the year like literally, right before the year ended. Now that I look at that list, makes it hard to call out my absolute favourite D: BioShock Infinite, Ni no Kuni, and The Last of Us were probably the ones that really left an impression; Tales of Xillia was nice too, but somewhat aggravating at times :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've made a ton of purchases last year; it's sort of impossible for me to list them all. xD" Out of the ones I did, though, I'd say I really like Call of Duty: Ghosts. I haven't gotten the chance to complete campaign yet, but very fond of multiplayer. Compared to its predecessor, Black Ops 2, it's a lot less laggy. Really proud of what they had done. Aside from that, I'm also quite a big fan of Pokémon Y. X is equally as good, but haven't bought that one yet.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I must look at year 2013 as the most important year in my gaming life.
    Because I finally purchased both PSV and PS3 so I could finally start gaming for real.
    And because of that, my purchase list would be too damn long to list =D

TY

2013 was a great year in terms of gaming for me, with a lot of good things:
    Bought StarCraft II and got really addicted to it, bought Terraria aswell as GTA: V which is a slight dissappointment as I don't like it anymore haha :P

Also won 2 small SC2 tournaments in 2013 which also is a great thing.
    I played too much video games in 2013 to list tbh :p

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    I didn't get much (damn market economy), but I got Sonic Generations, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and a bunch of Touhou games.

They were all great, and I got addicted to a new series, so <3.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    Last year I started hoarding older games that I found in the stores and those included: Killzone 2, Resistance: Fall of Man, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, ICO & Shadow of the Colossus, and Chrono Cross. The newer ones included: The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite, Ni no Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix, Call of Duty: Ghosts. Also bought my 3DS + Theathrhythm Final Fantasy + Pokemon X towards the end of the year like literally, right before the year ended. Now that I look at that list, makes it hard to call out my absolute favourite D: BioShock Infinite, Ni no Kuni, and The Last of Us were probably the ones that really left an impression; Tales of Xillia was nice too, but somewhat aggravating at times :P

Could you look over there while I steal your library? Those all are pretty nice.

2013 was a beautiful year for me. The MMO I had been playing went F2P so I quit that which was a pretty huge deal at the time for me and I started making that shift towards being a filthy casual. I bought a lot of games but some of the best games were presents from friends, like Darksiders 2, Scribblenauts, and DayZ.

Years
    Could you look over there while I steal your library? Those all are pretty nice.

2013 was a beautiful year for me. The MMO I had been playing went F2P so I quit that which was a pretty huge deal at the time for me and I started making that shift towards being a filthy casual. I bought a lot of games but some of the best games were presents from friends, like Darksiders 2, Scribblenauts, and DayZ.

XD I don't particularly think any of those games are hard to find in stores or anywhere, but you can borrow them if you like :3 I tend to buy the games I know I will like and are from the well-known companies. Although there are quite a number of games I wish I bought in 2013 including: Dragon's Crown and Fire Emblem Awakening. Will probably get those sometime this year~

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    2013 was my worst year in gaming. In 2012, I bought/received a lot of games that I either didn't finish or even touch, and I felt really bad about that. So for 2013, I told myself that I wasn't going to buy any games unless I really wanted them and knew I could finish them. That being said, I bought three games last year. I bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf (which took a LOT of convincing, because I had gone half the year without buying a game and this wasn't one I was certain on, but I'm so glad I got it!), and Pokemon X and Y at the end of the year. I probably missed out on quite a bit. :(

This year, I've bought more games in the month of January and February (separate, not even combined!) than the entirety of 2013. That says something.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    What I loved:
    -Metal Gear Rising
    -Luigi's Mansion 2
    -Sly 4
    -Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
    -Pikmin 3
    -New Super Luigi U
    -Tearaway
    -Super Mario 3D World
    -Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

And best of all
    Looking back @ 2013...

2013 was definitely a good year. I'd say A Link Between Worlds and Winnie's Home Run Derby were by far the highlights.

It was also the year I played for the first time:
    -Super Metroid
    -Warioware Twisted
    -Rhythm Tengoku
    -Advance Wars

Definitely a fantastic year for me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The games I beat in 2013:
    A Link Between Worlds
    Devil Survivor 2
    Pokemon X
    Okami
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    PMD Gates to Infinity

Ok, I lied, I didn't really finish GTI but I dropped it, and I finished DS2 in 2014 but whatever. I really loved everything else I beat this year though. <3 I definitely recommend Okami to anyone who has a Wii, I think it might be my favorite. Close behind is FEA and I guess DS2/ALBW. I bought a ton of games but I haven't had much time to play those. ;; I think that 2014 will be a good year since I have like 237489174892 games to play.

Years
    2013 was my worst year in gaming. In 2012, I bought/received a lot of games that I either didn't finish or even touch, and I felt really bad about that. So for 2013, I told myself that I wasn't going to buy any games unless I really wanted them and knew I could finish them. That being said, I bought three games last year. I bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf (which took a LOT of convincing, because I had gone half the year without buying a game and this wasn't one I was certain on, but I'm so glad I got it!), and Pokemon X and Y at the end of the year. I probably missed out on quite a bit. :(

This year, I've bought more games in the month of January and February (separate, not even combined!) than the entirety of 2013. That says something.

By saying that it was your worst year in gaming, you mean that there were not many games that warranted enough attention for you to purchase them? Or that the games released in 2013 weren't as exciting in general, to previous or even upcoming years? :P

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Hmm. Last year I bought a lot of games to celebrate that I finally have my own income. My favourites were M&L Dream Team, Tales of Graces f and Ace Attorney 5 since I love their genres. I also enjoyed Luigi's Mansion 2 and Pokémon Y. Layton 6 was a bit of a disappointment, it wasn't as epic as the previous ones, which is a shame since it's the last in the series. Castlevania 3DS was a bit meh, too easy, and Bravely Default was too hard XD I should pick it back up soon... probably after finishing PLvsAA later this month.

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2016
    It was all about the Nintendo 3DS for me in 2013.
    1) Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    2) Fire Emblem: Awakening
    3) Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
    4) Pokemon X
    5) Mario Kart 7
    6) Rune Factory 4

More 3DS games in site for 2014. ;)
    Plus I still want to play Tales of Symphonia Chronicles. :P

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Hmm. Last year I bought a lot of games to celebrate that I finally have my own income. My favourites were M&L Dream Team, Tales of Graces f and Ace Attorney 5 since I love their genres. I also enjoyed Luigi's Mansion 2 and Pokémon Y. Layton 6 was a bit of a disappointment, it wasn't as epic as the previous ones, which is a shame since it's the last in the series. Castlevania 3DS was a bit meh, too easy, and Bravely Default was too hard XD I should pick it back up soon... probably after finishing PLvsAA later this month.

Hmm, I thought Luigi's Mansion 2 was just okay. It had it's quirks, but I don't think it was as good as it's predecessor on the Gamecube. I personally thought it would have been a lot better if they gave the ghosts personalities, like they did in the first game where they made all of the ghosts one huge family. As a result, I thought it was really lackluster catching the "red ghost" and the "green ghosts."

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Far to many to list, Ones I would note though are:
    Fire Emblem:Awakening
    Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
    Ni No Kuni
    Ragnarok Odyssey
    P4 Golden

And plenty more I am STILL Yet to complete (yet I keep buying more haha)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    By saying that it was your worst year in gaming, you mean that there were not many games that warranted enough attention for you to purchase them? Or that the games released in 2013 weren't as exciting in general, to previous or even upcoming years? :P

My worst year in gaming as in I didn't buy anything. :P There were a few things I wanted, but I was too concerned with letting them collect dust like I did in 2012, so I refrained from buying games. Even Animal Crossing was a stretch for me, but I knew it wasn't something I had to beat per se, so that helped. I was just trying to buy games I knew I'd play and finish.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    My gaming highlight of 2013 definitely were Pokémon X and Y. Pokémon is still my favorite series. I also bought the The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD special edition of the Wii U. I absolutely loved it!

I also started playing Smite, but it is a F2P moba, so I don't think it counts.

Back