• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Man claims he will burn Koran in lieu of 9/11

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
  • He's doing a pretty good job at what he wants, I guess... He's even being posted on some random Pokemon forum, if he feels he needs to burn the book then he feels he needs to burn the book. Getting worked up over it is exactly what he wants, it's the same as dealing with 6 year olds :|

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Discuss what? Guy burns a Koran, he burns a Koran. Heck, guy burns a Bible, he burns a Bible.
    In either case, I think this person could learn more from reading the thing than from burning it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hardcore Christians are supposed to nag our asses about how if we don't follow all these rules, we'll go to hell. Not disrespect the religion of others. Incidentally the complete freakin opposite of Jesus's teachings. Freakin nice world we have here.

Rhodium

You too lame you can't hang.
    Years
  • Meh, let the guy do what he wants.

He isn't hurting anybody.

I don't see what the big deal is about this.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • The deal is, he sees that all Muslims are terrorists. And, we all (hopefully) know that not all Muslims are terrorists.

And the other part of the deal is that we're making him known for his ignorance. Which isn't gonna make him sad in any way, just make him known. Sure, I don't agree with his actions and I don't doubt that people would feel offended (They have every right to be offended) but if people go and make a big deal out of his actions/views of muslims it's not going to get anyone anywhere.

Years
  • Saw this before.

They're always doing something to our holy book. Do we burn their books?

They've flushed, burnt, and ripped them...idiots. If they really want to make an impact, why don't they kill us all, cause we're like that.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Real stand-up Christian example we have there. I'm 100% sure that this is exactly what Jesus would have done in our situation. Forget the whole "turn the other cheek" and "forgiveness" stuff. Jesus would tell us to spite our perceived enemies just to instigate another attack. -.-

If you couldn't tell, this post was sarcastic.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I find the last part of the article most amusing. Islam is a sect that invades America? Heh. That guy needs thorough history lessons then.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    A man in Florida claims that he will burn (With fire, obviously) a muslim bible, called a Koran, in the following days up to September 11th. He sees that Muslims are terrorists and he wants to do this for his personal benefit. There has also been public outrage globally about this.

[discuss]

There's nothing to discuss. Islamic extremists do not represent your average Muslim; burning the Qur'an sends no relevant message to anyone.

Last edited:

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
  • I don't think that there are many people that will say that it's ok that this guy is going to do this.

It's offensive, and the logic that they burn Bibles and whatnot is completely. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind and all that.

He shouldn't do it. He will do it. Some people are just horrible people, and that is the way of the world.

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    Let him be. Let him eat it if he wants, too. *sarcastic* Geez, this world is getting stupider and more ****ed up by the second.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Just like draft card burning and flag burning have been deemed protected speech under the 1st Amendment, I'm sure his actions here are protected speech as well.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I just have a question: what can be obtained by burning a book?
    Other than increasing the hate against the US in Muslim countries.

It's really fun how he considers that Islam is a religion of hate and intolerance and, to fight it, he thougth that the best solution was being hateful and intolerant.

But hey, it's perfectly legal. Just incredibly stupid in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Actually, the guy is a pastor and he's making his entire church burn as many copies of the Quran as possible.
    Full article here: https://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/07/florida.quran.burning/
    Read this. It is a passage from the Bible:
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." (Matthew 7:12)
    If this pastor is burning the Qua'ran, than he is breaking this rule. How would we feel if they burned our Bible? Or even worse, for Jews the Torah, since they're not even allowed to have it on the ground? Not every Muslim is an extremist.
    Still not convinced? Since Muslims still believe in Jesus' teachings, every time they burn the Qua'ran they are burning his teachings.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Koran is an alternate spelling of Quran, through transliteration. Coran is also an acceptable spelling. Qur'an is also technically not the true spelling anyway, since it's not in its native language.

Read this. It is a passage from the Bible:
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." (Matthew 7:12)
    If this pastor is burning the Qua'ran, than he is breaking this rule. How would we feel if they burned our Bible? Or even worse, for Jews the Torah, since they're not even allowed to have it on the ground? Not every Muslim is an extremist.
    Still not convinced? Since Muslims still believe in Jesus' teachings, everytime they burn the Qua'ran they are burning his teachings.

Exactly how I feel, plus the added fact that, erm, well, book burning is as juvenile as hurling food across the Atlantic Ocean. It really shouldn't offend anyone, as it's not putting anyone in direct harm, nor is it defacing anyone's beliefs. I understand why people would be offended, but they really shouldn't be, since the people burning the books just look like buffoons, prancing around a bonfire.

edit Also, since that rule also applies to the Muslim faith (as well as nearly all other faiths to date), I'm a bit apprehensive to see what will happen afterward :s

[jq]"That which you want for yourself, seek for mankind."[/jq]

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I really don't see the big deal about all this. I mean, if I made an announcement that I would be collecting Holiday Inn and Ramada Inn hotel directories (those books that list all their locations) and burning them because I prefer Quality Inns, I doubt it would make the news.

Maybe I need to be one of those ultra-religious types to understand this, I dunno...

Master Bait

ಥ‿ಥ
    Years
  • Hey what if I burn a bible will christians turn into terrorists? NO! Of course not. Not all muslims are terrorists. What about Hitler why did he kill jews? One of the factors is that because he was a roman catholic and he was supported by that religion. Should jews hate catholics? No, they didn't instead they forget and go on with their lives. It's like blaming a whole race because of 1 man killed 10 Hong Kong nationals in a hostage drama. It will just burn more anger between christians and muslims. To be honest I'm an atheist and I shouldn't care about their stupid religion wars. They are very immature. Fighting over a mere imagination to make it true. Only lies that lies ahead of us.

In b4 this thread turns into an argument over religion.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I really don't see the big deal about all this. I mean, if I made an announcement that I would be collecting Holiday Inn and Ramada Inn hotel directories (those books that list all their locations) and burning them because I prefer Quality Inns, I doubt it would make the news.

Maybe I need to be one of those ultra-religious types to understand this, I dunno...

Sadly that's the point: religious people (not just ultra!) usually don't like it when people burn their sacred books, specially if those people live in the same country that is holding a few wars against said religious extremists, who keep saying that the US hate them for being islamists and think it's their duty to destroy the US and the Western world as a whole. It kinds of, you know, proves their crazy point ._.

I don't know, it is going to be a hate feast for the Taliban. It's not only immature, since it's a really stupid (but legal) way to protest against something that even contradicts the own guy's religious beliefs, it's also dangerous for the security of the US and their NATO allies in Afghanistan, and only helps the extremists in Pakistan, Iraq and Iran @_@

...oh and yeah, don't turn it into Christianism VS Islam. There are many other things to talk about here.

Back