• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Man claims he will burn Koran in lieu of 9/11

Years
    I hope this guy doesn't do that. Muslims take Islam seriously and if this retard burns the Koran like he says he's doing it's only going to reinforce the stereotypes that Americans are Muslim haters (which sadly, it very true these days), give the extremists more reason to destroy us and most likely show that Christians are nothing but ignorant preachers who are blinded by their own faith who wants everybody to follow their version of God's teachings or be cast into Hell.

My biggest worry is that if this moron does do this, the Taliban and other extremists will be recharged, so to speak, in their fight to rid the world of the U.S. that attacks against our fighting men and women will increase. Personally, I say we pull out every American from the Middle East before it gets worse and since there's so much violence over there, they'll probably blow each other up anyway.

Years
    It's not the book, it's the message that's important. I could burn twenty thousand books in my back yard, but God is still God (Or Allah, if that's what you prefer to call him). I could say "God is dumb" two million times, but that does not diminish His power.

The message, not the physical print.

Yes its true the message behind the book can't be burnt, but you're forgetting the symbolism of burning a book. The Nazis burned millions of them that didn't conform to the Nazi ideology in 1933. Burning books is a symbol of repressing freedoms and attempting to control and manipulate the flow of knowledge. This guy attempting to burn a Qur'an is a mindess, ignorant fool who is abusing some BS excuse for freedom of speech.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    ...*Removes hat* So I just read and understood that.

People say the darnest things.

Hate involved with religion. Sadly I doubt this guy is joking.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    This jerk is disrespecting and offending most of the world, and endangering the lives of many people. Burning those books is more than just offensive, it's also damaging to the environment-burning ink...and a waste of energy and resources used to make those books. He should not be allowed to go through with this.

How can be claim to be Christian, if he's acting out in hatred rather than love? He's a hypocrite and the God that he believes in and serves would not be pleased by him.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    So, Obama, Sarah Palin, the catholic Pope and the European Parliament have told this guy not to do it.

At least he's making completely different people to agree on something XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I find it pretty ridiculous that this guy is being told he's provoking muslims and putting innocent lives in danger by the news companies and spokespeople. If this event wasn't broadcasted by practically every news company, building up so much hype around the event, then every muslim in the world wouldn't even know about. Most of America wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't so overblown. The news industry is full of hypocrisy, they're playing the main part by informing everyone about this event, it's like the **** stirring kid in high school going up to a Muslim and saying "LOLOL that guy just burnt your holy book!" it's ridiculous.

This man is being condemned for "endangering lives" rather than the extremists that are actually handing out the threats. Yeah he's doing something that's going to anger them, but it's hardly reasonable to kill people just because some guy in Florida burnt your favourite read, which is what a lot of the comments seem to suggest "if you burn this book then they will kill people and it's your fault!" This guy is an idiot, but he's not the main "bad guy" here.

There are plenty of muslims that gather in protest burning American flags and nobody has anything to say against them, they just let them get on with it. It is stupid that he's bringing himself down to their level, but there's this thing called freedom of speech and the right to protest; this man is not harming a human being, he is burning a book.

His whole plan is pointless and ridiculous, but that's beside the point. He has the right to stand up for what he believes in and he's only the third stupidest here, second place is the media and the extremists take first place.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    So, Obama, Sarah Palin, the catholic Pope and the European Parliament have told this guy not to do it.

At least he's making completely different people to agree on something XD
    Considering he's a pastor, he's not really gonna listen to the pope. But lol yeah. There has been lots of people telling him not to do it, but what does he care? He wants his fifteen minutes of fame infamy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I don't understand what Christianity had to do with the 911 bombing, thus I don't understand why this man of the cloth, would be commiting malice towards another faith which directed nothing at his own. It was a political message sent by a Muslim force, clearly having nothing to do with any other religion. So what he's basically doing now is, creating conflict for no apparant reason, making it possible that the death toll shall rise, contradicting his beliefs and morals.

Not only is he to blame for such a down right stupid idea, but the media are going to be responsible also if this turns into something more, conflict, death or war. Again, I'll reiterate that his religion, have nothing to do with the 911 attacks, other than that some of its members died, Muslims also died, so did many other people sporting different religions. But why is he using his beliefs as a slingshot at another religion when his beliefs are totally irrelevant?

What was going through his head?
    ----
    I'm upset that Muslim extremests (Which make up about 0.01% of muslims) killed so many people, thus I shall use what will hurt them, by burning their holy book with my religion behind me, even though I nor my religion has anything to do with the attack. I deem this to be rational as my faith has the right to stand for their opinions on the matter, so I'm just going to go ahead and do what I think will get most people killed.
    ---- ?

He's just created an internation scorn for an irrational attempt to seem patriotic, in retaliation, any muslim extremests will retaliate against both Christians and Americans, and this will spiral out of control if he follows through. Troops in the Middle-East will no doubt be targeted again. This man is dillusional. It's like a stubbron child knowing he's doing wrong, but thinking he has enough of an alibi to save him no matter how many people get seriously annoyed by his actions, and no matter how much he's told, he's so abnoxious he'll do anything to prove his point.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Oh I heard that on the news. Is he a Christian? =P Those are some hardcore ones right there.

I'm a Christian myself, but wow ;_____; But yeah I don't know why we're discussing Christians in this xD Probably the man is white or something, and most whites are Christians..? Anyways, next thing you know some man that's Muslim will burn a Bible. Goodness.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Oh I heard that on the news. Is he a Christian? =P Those are some hardcore ones right there.

I'm a Christian myself, but wow ;_____; But yeah I don't know why we're discussing Christians in this xD Probably the man is white or something, and most whites are Christians..? Anyways, next thing you know some man that's Muslim will burn a Bible. Goodness.
    Yes, he's a pastor who is a disgrceful representative to Christian-kind. Yes he is white. :-/

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Breaking news - holy book burning cancelled; Ground-Zero mosque to be moved.

Link. Not confirmed yet.

If it turns out to be true I'm going to be really angry with this. This is incredibly stupid.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    This is completely moronic idea. How is burning the Koran going to help anything, it'll just make the situation in the middle east worse.

I'm just pointing out that Catholics have nothing to do with the rest of Christianity, besides dialog and stuffs.

...just sayin'...

...wut? Catholicism is just as Christian as the Quakers, Church of England, Protestants and all the other denominations.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well if they hated 9/11 so much they would cease the burning unless they want a similar event to happen again.

Sonic65

welp
    Years

Link. Not confirmed yet.

If it turns out to be true I'm going to be really angry with this. This is incredibly stupid.
    lmfao

Seems to me like "if I SAY they're moving it then they'll be pressured to move it...and if they don't, I'll just burn the books!!!!"

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

Link. Not confirmed yet.

Woah, none of the articles I read until this one mentioned anything about a Ground Zero mosque. So the whole book burning was in retaliation to that? I'm confused now. Typical media, not giving the full story.
    Honestly, if his book burning was in protest of that mosque then good for him.

Also, Muslims say a man burning their holy book is an act of indeceny? To prove how indecent his act is, here is their reaction: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11251850
    But of course, these are just a few Muslims they don't represent the majority of Muslims that are peaceful. Just like Terry Jones doesn't represent the majority of Christians. A totally pointless story that has been entirely blown out of proportion. We don't see an uproar like this everytime a Muslim burns an American flag.

Last edited:
    Years
    Woah, none of the articles I read until this one mentioned anything about a Ground Zero mosque. So the whole book burning was in retaliation to that? I'm confused now. Typical media, not giving the full story.
    Honestly, if his book burning was in protest of that mosque then good for him.

Also, Muslims say a man burning their holy book is an act of indeceny? To prove how indecent his act is, here is their reaction: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11251850
    But of course, these are just a few muslims they don't represent the majority of Muslims that are peaceful. Just like Terry Jones doesn't represent the majority of Christians. A totally pointless story that has been entirely blown out of proportion. We don't see an uproar like this everytime a Muslim burns an American flag.

Well what were they supposed to do? Had the situation been flipped around, and were it the bible being burned, that pastor would be burning Iranian, Pakistani, and Saudi flags. Same thing.

Well that's what he was aiming for, to incite more violence and hatred. What an Ignorant moron.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    This is going to do nothing but increase the Muslim extremists' hatred for America and Christians.

Seriously, why does he think that burning another religion's holy book is going to do any good? The Muslim extremists won't cower in fear and hide in mountain caves because one book was burned. What this guy is doing is just provoking the extremists. -.-'

Sadly, this might have really bad consequences.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Well what were they supposed to do? Had the situation been flipped around, and were it the bible being burned, that pastor would be burning Iranian, Pakistani, and Saudi flags. Same thing.

Well that's what he was aiming for, to incite more violence and hatred. What an Ignorant moron.
    Muslims have been burning American flags, effigies and bibles long before this event ever happened and nothing has been done in retaliation. I assume there's so much hype around this because it's the first organised Kuran burning. Bible burning isn't anything new or unexpected, so there's no hype.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Muslims have been burning American flags, effigies and bibles long before this event ever happened and nothing has been done in retaliation.

"Do unto others as you would have do to you", seems to be bitterly ironic now.

Years
    Muslims have been burning American flags, effigies and bibles long before this event ever happened and nothing has been done in retaliation. I assume there's so much hype around this because it's the first organised Kuran burning. Bible burning isn't anything new or unexpected, so there's no hype.

And burning the Qur'an in retaliation makes us no better than them. It will only incite more hatred and mistrust.

Back