• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Anyways Why do all my maps get skipped over, PLEASE RATE IT:
    Spoiler:

The map is truly brilliant :D I like the mountain shape, and the overall shape, too. The houses are placed in a decent way. The trees' placement in very good.

Rating: 9.2/10 ^^

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • I knew about the error on the left, had Now clue about the one on the right! Thanks, maybe I should have you proof check all my maps :p

Anyways Why do all my maps get skipped over, PLEASE RATE IT:
    Spoiler:
    I like this map because It's simple but well placed and It's just not a square outline with some houses in it but you actually took time and focused on the map.

9/10

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Pretty good map, but some tile errors involving the mountain.
    Spoiler:

Wrong tiles used, and you could make a block edit. ;P

Rating: 8.4/10~
    Errors: What I mentioned/showed you above.
    Suggestions: Fix up the errors! xD; [/obvious]
    Comments: I love the shape of the mountain. The path looks nice, and the house and tree placement is great.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Pretty good map, but some tile errors involving the mountain.
    Spoiler:

Wrong tiles used, and you could make a block edit. ;P

Rating: 8.4/10~
    Errors: What I mentioned/showed you above.
    Suggestions: Fix up the errors! xD; [/obvious]
    Comments: I love the shape of the mountain. The path looks nice, and the house and tree placement is great.
    Actually most of the errors you pointed out, aren't errors, it's the correct tiles used..

@.Iramet
    1. Excellent shape, however it looks a bit Empty, and meaningless.. 7/10
    2. Aswell as Map 1 the shape is amazing.. Except for the empty patches 8.3/10

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    Hi everybody. Thanks for the kind ratings. Heres a new map I made today. It isn't as complex as my last one, which surprisingly got a bunch of 10's =/

This map is only completable with surf, and bonus areas are here if you have waterfall. And the staircase's movement thing is C, instead of 0.

Shot:
    i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq184/Stealth3218/Crossfalls.png

Years
  • Hi everybody. Thanks for the kind ratings. Heres a new map I made today. It isn't as complex as my last one, which surprisingly got a bunch of 10's =/

This map is only completable with surf, and bonus areas are here if you have waterfall. And the staircase's movement thing is C, instead of 0.

Shot:
    now this is more like it,it looks better with 2 ways.
    i give this a 10/10.

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
    Years
  • @T

9/10 Good job

It looks good, but it just seems like it needs just a little bit more detail in it.
    I don't see any noticeable tile errors.

Hi everybody. Thanks for the kind ratings. Heres a new map I made today. It isn't as complex as my last one, which surprisingly got a bunch of 10's =/

Shot:

10/10 Excellent job

This map seems very good :D. It is certainly not empty :). The ways you placed things is very good as well, I do not see any tile errors, noticeable at least.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014

Shot:

Another perfect map. I love the shape. Very impressive Stealth.

Rating: 9.999/10 .

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Hi everybody. Thanks for the kind ratings. Heres a new map I made today. It isn't as complex as my last one, which surprisingly got a bunch of 10's =/

Shot:

No, sorry, this time, I don't really think it's that awesome anymore.

Mapping - 8/10 - Good: It's too diagonal. Shape is good, but you really don't have to make every river or mountain diagonal. And there's some problems with tree shading in the bottom right.
    Creativity - 5/5 - Perfect: It's very good. I can't say much more...
    Playabilty - 2/5 - Average: Again, it would be very annoying going diagonally. Maps are meant to be played in, not looked at. Even if the map is ugly as hell from above, if it's good in game, it's good. This one's just too diagonal and annoying to walk in.

15/20 - Fairly good

And Lucario, it makes no sense to rate the first one 6 because of too many diagonal things, and then the second one 10 when it's even more diagonal!

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years

Shot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: Again, I love the shape. Excellent work. One thing bothers me though. The stream going right off the map looks very unnatural (to me at least). Normally water would travel in the direction that gravity would pull it, meaning most if not all of the water from the two upper falls would flow to the lower falls. You just wouldn't see that type of water flow in nature. On the bright side, no tile errors!
    Suggestions: Change the stream flowing to the right. If not, it's still a wonderful map.
    Map Rating: 9.4/10

Years
  • No, sorry, this time, I don't really think it's that awesome anymore.

Mapping - 8/10 - Good: It's too diagonal. Shape is good, but you really don't have to make every river or mountain diagonal. And there's some problems with tree shading in the bottom right.
    Creativity - 5/5 - Perfect: It's very good. I can't say much more...
    Playabilty - 2/5 - Average: Again, it would be very annoying going diagonally. Maps are meant to be played in, not looked at. Even if the map is ugly as hell from above, if it's good in game, it's good. This one's just too diagonal and annoying to walk in.

15/20 - Fairly good

And Lucario, it makes no sense to rate the first one 6 because of too many diagonal things, and then the second one 10 when it's even more diagonal!
    his 2nd one is much better,the people here have no imaganation,and at least he made some bits long instead of using all the corner tiles.

p.s - to the people here,it doesnt have to look natrual !!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Another map from Tensai's
    Secret.
    The second town.

Now, I know the map isn't
    very good, but I need some
    ratings on it.

Map Name: N/A~
    Map of: Fire Red
    Comments: I know it's not good, but I need to know what needs fixing up.
    Map shot:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Another map from Tensai's
    Secret.
    The second town.

Now, I know the map isn't
    very good, but I need some
    ratings on it.

Map Name: N/A~
    Comments: I know it's not good, but I need to know what needs fixing up.
    Map shot:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Hmm a decent map
    i'll give you a 7
    i don't like the two ledge jumps infront of the PC

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I tried a more Nintendo style to this map... so mind the empty space and the grass placement. Fun as hell to make.
    Credits to Punk Rocker for the Rombase

Map Name: Dawnta Forest
    Map Time: 30-40 minutes.
    Spoiler:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I tried a more Nintendo style to this map... so mind the empty space and the grass placement. Fun as hell to make.
    Credits to Punk Rocker for the Rombase

Map Name: Dawnta Forest
    Map Time: 30-40 minutes.
    Spoiler:

Seriously, how could you do that in 30-40 minutes? It would take me a few hours at least... >_<

Comments: I like the feel of it, the whole path of the map. There are no tile errors that I can see, so that's good too.

Rating: I'd rather not give ratings, because somehow I would be off. Sorry.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I've said it a million times before, but I'm literally going to use and KEEP these tiles. I don't care if it s a Rom Base, it's awesome.

Map Name: Still thinking(The current from the Rom Base is Bonlite town, but that's Punk Rockers name, not mine. xD;)
    Comments: Scripts at top at top prevent you from leaving without a Pokémon.
    Bottom scripts have girl lead you into the lab.
    Credits: Punk Rocker(Palettes and making Rom Base), Peyi(PC and Mart[used in later maps]), and Kyledove(Tiles).
    Map shot:
    Spoiler:

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I've said it a million times before, but I'm literally going to use and KEEP these tiles. I don't care if it s a Rom Base, it's awesome.

Map Name: Still thinking(The current from the Rom Base is Bonlite town, but that's Punk Rockers name, not mine. xD;)
    Comments: Scripts at top at top prevent you from leaving without a Pokémon.
    Bottom scripts have girl lead you into the lab.
    Credits: Punk Rocker(Palettes and making Rom Base), Peyi(PC and Mart[used in later maps]), and Kyledove(Tiles).
    Map shot:
    Spoiler:

Very nice. :D I like the shape of the map, the trees are placed in a good way, and the path is very good.
    Rating: 9/10

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Been a while since I posted a map here. I made a little map with my new ROMBase.

Map Name: Cess Narrows

Game: N/A

Base ROM: Fire Red - English

Credits: Saurav - Tiles; Kyledove - Tiles; Alistair - Tiles

Mapping Time: About 40 minutes.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: The gray arrows show the connections [=D

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • I feel like the niveau of mapping is drastically raising, what is a really cool thing!
    so many good mappers joined the community in the last time
    when i joined there were like 2 or 4 good mappers around and those got spammed with requests (me included)
    now i got some time to breath again :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back