• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Made in 30 minutes to challenge Trace, and another guy,

I got second place for such a forest route.

route 2 of Dark Era B)

Tree placement is decent. Grass placement is EXTREMELY poor. While the map is empy. However, I really like the palettes.

4/10

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Made in 30 minutes to challenge Trace, and another guy,

I got second place for such a forest route.

route 2 of Dark Era B)

Waa??Tree placement and erm..other stuff is okay. Definately not enough grass!! I could go through the whole "forest route" which doesnt really count as a route to me (kuz on no grass!) with only encountering none or one pokemon...:/ Oh and the water...why is it ocean water?isnt it a pond...so it should be normal. anyhow, i like it overall. 6.5/10

EDIT: L-lu-lumberjacks don't cut grass do they??

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    Waa??Tree placement and erm..other stuff is okay. Definately not enough grass!! I could go through the whole "forest route" which doesnt really count as a route to me (kuz on no grass!) with only encountering none or one pokemon...:/ Oh and the water...why is it ocean water?isnt it a pond...so it should be normal. anyhow, i like it overall. 6.5/10

EDIT: L-lu-lumberjacks don't cut grass do they??
    they do, and thats where a guy lives, and thats why he does that, and the pond is sort of like you can go underwater, I'm just figuring out how to do so.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
    Meh. This map does not have much going for it.
    For one, you obviously have not played it. No one is going to go into the paths the lead into the trainer if they can obviously see it leads to the trainers, which your map allows them to do. Also, it feels weird with only bushes. Add trees and other things as boundaries.
    Feels random and unplanned.
    The shape of the overall map is nice I think.

4/10

1st: They're not trainers. They are people lost in the maze. >_>

2nd: Are you trying to tell me that the maxes that GmaeFreak made a better? Made with single rocks?

3rd: I can tell you, it's not random. You're only suppose to make it to certain parts of the maze, based on where you are in game.

4th: Thanks for the comment of the shape. :)

(Quiet frankly, I'm shocked I didn't get a 4 or below earlier. :P)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Darth?
    Christos said:
    - Only Maps and ratings.
    You are only allowed to post Maps you want to have rated or ratings for Maps that have been posted. Do not ask questions about Maps, instead, send a PM to the Map-Maker or a Moderator.
    I dunno if it means you can't reply to ratings but...it seems that way. :\

EDIT: Ryousha, lumberjack's don't cut grass.
    Wikipedia said:
    A lumberjack or logger is a man who harvests lumber.
    They cut trees.
    Lumberjack's are also a type of alcohol but that's not relevant

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    @Eeveon.Hokay, i like the path! it seems to go to every single...important place on the map! The tree and berry tree placement is good, but i dont like howt he flowers are placed :/. anyhow i like the idea of the bridge and the town overall looks nice. 9/10...somethings missing

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
    Map Rating/Review Thread

This is my First Starting town for my Hack Pokemon Fossil. The bigger brick house is the lab because I screwed up the tiles for Oak's lab.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    1st: They're not trainers. They are people lost in the maze. >_>

2nd: Are you trying to tell me that the maxes that GmaeFreak made a better? Made with single rocks?

3rd: I can tell you, it's not random. You're only suppose to make it to certain parts of the maze, based on where you are in game.

4th: Thanks for the comment of the shape. :)

(Quiet frankly, I'm shocked I didn't get a 4 or below earlier. :P)

Haha. No one is gonna want to go talk to the lost people, they are going to assume they are trainers like me. :]
    And hahah. Anything is better than Gamefreak. They suck. :D

But, with this understanding I'd bump it up to a 5.5/10
    :P
    I know the things aren't random. The map itself feels random. Like. Hey. Look. Random maze in the middle of a convenient area. I guess I shouldn't judge that though. considering how you tie it into the story. :]

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
    Heres a new map I made =)

Map Rating/Review Thread

Tell me what you guys think? =) Thanks!

Very Nice, on a couple of the houses it looks like there are too many windows imo.

I am not working o a hack but I can map a little and was wondering about joining a team sometime and was wondering if I would be able to create a map and still get it rated here ?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back