• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    Warning: Pretty big map inside.
    Spoiler:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Its not a base, I inserted them myself. :p I'm not sure how to make a rombase, but maybe :p lol. And thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure which other tiles would look nice. Theres not really any houses... theres gonna be a subway underground in one of the buildings so people can travel for work there everyday... lol... anyways, yea. Thanks ^^

if you sent the tileset image, palettes and blcok data to me i could make a rombase of them
    you would take full credit of course for what you made (block data, not sure about palettes, just tell me)
    if you want to you can add some other things in first
    and tell me who made those tiles

Thanks for the rating and sorry for the message, i didn't think you would rate it.
    well, the cave there is supposed to be an edited version of pewter city, where instead of the museum, its something less boring.
    and thanks for the rating.

And now i will rate a map since this post is pointless.

8/10
    The mountain placement is nice, although i think you went crazy with making all the mountains follow the same path.
    you have also killed it a bit when you put in too much rocks.
    and i have not seen a single flower in the whole area.
    Suggestions: cut down on the rocks, addmake flowers, and make the mountains a bit more natural, even though the mountain placement is good.
    maybe i should let you know that there are no flowers in that rombase, cause when it is snowy you dont see no flowers comin out of the snow ^^
    where i live you still can see flowers when it snowed, but that rombase doesnt take place in my climatic zone

maoh4567

that's what she said...
    Years
    Thanks for the Constructive feedback Mack!

Heres a new Map, The First Route in one of my hacks..
    Name: Route 1
    Map Game: Pokemon Snowfall
    Credits: Neti for the base, Me for mapping it
    Side notes: This took a while xP
    Map Shot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

wow! i didn't know that you're very good at mapping..
    ill give ur map a 8.8/10, why? correct me if im wrong.. for me there's too many rocks,it will satisfy me if you remove atleast 5 or more rocks,also, the placement of grass near the entrance and exit bothers me, i think u should place one or more grass in the end so the ends wont look straight and i think u should leave some free blocks between all tthose grass tiles like u did in the 3rd batch of grass tiles

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    well heres my map.
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Nothing special, looks too square, fix up the squareness and rocks and it'l be a little bit better. 3/10
    Thanks for the Constructive feedback Mack!

Heres a new Map, The First Route in one of my hacks..
    Name: Route 1
    Map Game: Pokemon Snowfall
    Credits: Neti for the base, Me for mapping it
    Side notes: This took a while xP
    Map Shot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Xray Xray Xray... I have to say, now when you say you hate mapping, I won't believe you. This is a fantastic map. Yet, I don't like the placement of rocks. 8.5/10

Warning: Pretty big map inside.
    Spoiler:
    Megiddo, if you want a big map, you're gonna need to know how to fill up space, maybe try and make the rocks bigger, with a better shape, and add a hell of alot more trees. I give you a 5/10. And then a 8/10 cuz you said so. did you?

Name: Lerigino Crater

Game: May be in My hack...

Base: Fire Red

Credits: Me, for making the map. Alistair/WAH for tiles.

Comments: None

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

EDIT:

Alistair/Don patch made those tiles.

Not a bad map at all, infact I like it. Maybe you could of spent like 5 more minutes to fill up some space. Not bad though. 7.5/10

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Okay here's another by me..
    Credits: Neti for the base.
    Side Notes: I know I left errors, please point them out for me..
    Map Shot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    @.:God:. 6.2/10 I really don't like the diagonal trees, Grass in the City, and I don't think the extra path to the box with grass isn't needed XP

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Map Shot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Ooooh, this map is great! I love the designs of the mountains, it works so perfectly. I see a tile error on the tree above the gym, I don't see anymore though :) I also don't like that rock under the mart that's in that hole thingy, I think it would look better without it. 10/10 It's amazing :)

-See, I'm not afraid to give 10's people, no more of this 9.7 crap, if it deserves a 10, give it a 10.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rate & Review please!
    Thanks to Neti for the awesome base!
    Rating: 6.5/10
    Reason: I like the creativity but the trees go too narrow down. The little round ledge on the top right doesn't look right. And the grass at the top. But everything else looks pretty nice.
    Suggestions: Try to add trees in a more scatttered way. And try to fill up the map a little more nicely.

Map Shot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Rating: 9/10
    Reason: I like the map. Perfectly nice shape and nice cattered buildings and the placement of the mountain tiles looks good. Try not using too much of the boulders. It pretty much ruins the map. Everything else looks good.
    Suggestions: Don't use too many boulders.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    This is supposed to be route 901 for my hack.
    I know, it's not very good, but, it's slightly better from what it was last time...-_-

I'd appreciate it if someone rated this map with this form:

Rating:
    Errors:
    Suggestions:
    Comments:

Thank you...

Map Rating/Review Thread

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    I know, it's not very good, but, it's slightly better from what it was last time...-_-

Rating:
    Errors:
    Suggestions:
    Comments:

Thank you...

Map Rating/Review Thread

i recommend using bridges that go sideways not such long ones that go upwards
    and you should use the space bewtween the two mountains, maybe add some grass there and an item
    and th paths dont rellay fit in there
    sry not to keep your rating form but im too lazy to think of a /10 rating :p

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years

Rating:
    Errors:
    Suggestions:
    Comments:

Thank you...

Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating: 8/10
    Errors: I think instead of all those trees you should make the route a bit longer. Also, That bridge really doesn't seem to go with the rest of the map.
    Suggestions: Change the bridge to maybe just more mountain, make the route a bit longer, instead of just trees.
    Comments: I like Neti's ROM base, I can see that your like the 8th person to use it :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2008
    hey urmm can some one please help me ive made my own hack its ok but i want my own Tiles anybody tell me how to do it,,or show me or know someone who can help please

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Oh wow, I was gone for two days and look what happened. Neti, your rombase is really nice but I'm afraid that it's going to be overused. There have been five maps with it already, three of them by Xray. I just don't want to see such beautiful tiles become dull due to overuse.
    Okay, some ratings:

@Xray:
    I see you REALLY like Neti's new rombase. All of your maps have WAY too many rocks. I like the complexity of your mountains but something just seems a little weird with them. In your first town map, the mountains aren't random enough (the top is the same shape as the bottom in some places). The bridge in the route is unnecessary. Your grass could be more natural (put a few regular snow tiles in the midst of the grass). Your second town/city seems empty but a few well placed trees or other decorative tiles could easily fix that though.
    First town: 6/10
    Route: 6.5/10
    Second Town: 6/10

@UltramasterBDX
    Hm, I don't know what it is but something about your maps really seems to hit the spot. Even though I've seen those maps many times before, something you did makes them seem fresh and innovative. Oh and thanks for getting the small trees right. For some reason everyone else doesn't do them correctly. Your West New Bark Town is an obvious edit of your original New Bark Town but it still looks okay. As someone already mentioned, the windows are wrong and also the path is kind of strange. But the roof of the players house looks much better.
    New Bark Town: 7/10
    Route 29: 7.5/10
    West New Bark Town: 6/10

@makunouchi
    Okay I might as well say this now before you develop a bad habit: my name is colcolstyles, not colco_styles. Sorry, it was starting to really bug me. Anyways, I can see how you drew inspiration from that town of mine (the shape and concept are very similar). But I like the town a lot, although the cave entrance does seem a little out of place. And for some reason the left side of the map seems square while the right seems curved. Maybe it's just me. Onto the forests: the snowy forest's borders (the big trees) look a little awkward. The inside is pretty good, some empty spaces, and you could probably make the player wind around some more (it's a pretty straightforward path from the entrance to the exit). And the dead ends (in both forests) will definitely annoy the hell out of the player. Grass placement could be improved, put some regular grass (or snow) tiles in the grass to thin it out. The first forest's grass placement is much better and overall, it's a better forest.
    Town: 7/10
    Grass Forest: 6/10
    Snow Forest: 5/10

@¿TB Pro™
    I like the shape of your mountains but I would add another layer (but that's just my style). The rock stacks really kill the map (which would otherwise be pretty good). Overall, the map doesn't seem to have much going for it. There's a probably an important event here but as far as mapping goes, the general concept behind the map isn't exceptional. You could also probably get away with a few more scattered rocks.
    Rating: 5/10

@.:God:.
    The tree placement is bad. It's not square, but triangular isn't much better. Try to make it more curved and throw in some more small trees in the midst of the huge thicket. The bridge is both unnecessary and weird. Keep it to two tiles in height when you're using a horizontal bridge. The ledge area is kinda weird and the path up there is just odd. You need to take the rocks in that ledged-off area and spread them around the map, filling the empty spaces. Also, too many signs (and they're different types of signs (a no-no)).
    Rating: 3/10

@Wind~
    Once again, the bridge tiles are misused. Just use the other type of bridge (I haven't downloaded the rombase but they should be in there (otherwise, shame on you, Neti :))). The path usage is kinda weird. Grass placement, once again, should be more natural and random instead of blocky areas. The rocks are used nicely. But in general this map's core design isn't anything special. In my opinion, if you removed the trees on the bottom layer and added a mini area in there, it would look really nice. You could also spread some more small trees around so that the masses of big trees don't bore the viewer.
    Rating: 4.5/10

Last edited:

maoh4567

that's what she said...
    Years
    Map Shot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

i think there is an error in the placement of mountain, just look at the first level of mountain..tile error in the tree.. lastly, you really like to put many boulders in ur maps. i'll give ur map a 7/10

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Thanks for the ratings colcolstyles.
    But i just thought that since its a forest, it should be confusing.
    I hate viridian forest because its so plain and dull.
    i do think the dead ends were overdone, but actually i was planning for there to be pokeballs at the end, so it would seem less annoying.
    and yes, the right side does seem plain, i just rushed it and was lazy on it. And, yes your map was great, and Xray thought so too, so he told me to make the map like yours.
    I actually planned for the city to be more narrow, but i didn't know if it needed a gym.
    and i totally forgot about the empty grass in the areas, i rushed it like before.
    I didn't think the cave would be such a bad idea, but seeing as how everyone hates, i guess it is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back