• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    Oh wow, I was gone for two days and look what happened. Neti, your rombase is really nice but I'm afraid that it's going to be overused.
    lol here's another one sorry!
    name: don't have one
    comments: i made so i could get used to using snow tiles.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

credits: neti for the awesome rom base!

Years
    Map Rating/Review Thread

No offense, but ur map is really horrible. I can tell that u just started mapping, because
    ur map is really square. Ur map is also really plain.

I'd give it a 3 out of 10

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hey i made 2 maps from the awsome tiles please rate

map 1
    -removed-

map 2

-removed-

man... >.<
    everyone's using the winter themed ROM base around here.
    I feel cilly seeing them. "-__-

Anyways...
    Map 1...

RATINGS: 8/10
    REASON: It's a very complex map showing your ability in making nice maps in complexity(word?)... I like it. :)
    SUGGESTION: Nothing I guess... :\

Map 2...

RATINGS: 6/10
    REASON: Although it is really a nice map, it will be a bit annoying to walk in a zigzag pattern on the center of that map. Why didn't Nintendo inserted a diagonal way of walking...? >.<
    SUGGESTION: The map needs two mountain edges. :\ Fix the mountain edge of one level of the mountain.

MY TURN! :D

Here's my map...
    I really forgot how to map a forest so :\... Suggestions is what I need, and ratings. :D

MAP NAME: Sinister Woods
    MAP BASED ON: Ruby English Version
    MAPSHOT: Click Me!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    @Time:
    Rating: 8.8/10
    Errors: No tile erros really. :\
    Suggestions: The grass looks too much how Nintendo would make it. Make the grass randomly placed, so it looks like it grew from nature, and not by man. ;)
    Comments: I really like the shape of the map. :)
    Just fix the grass. ;)

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    WOW DJG, Glad to see you working on a new hack after RR was finished.. You seem to finish out all your hacks so far ;)

I like it, but it seems to be missing a "Spark", but It's good though!
    8.2/10

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    I made a new map :D

Name: Cylan Canyon

Game: N/A

Base ROM: Fire Red

Credits: Me/Zeikku - inserting tiles, WAH/Alistair/Kyledove - Tiles

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Years
    @Time
    The berries are awesome for the trees and ground but with your grass spread it out more because it looks like it's been placed in blocks around the woods.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Um, that is a horrible map I'm sorry to say. The shape is awful, the small trees are all epic fails, just one bad map... 1/10

hey i made 2 maps from the awsome tiles please rate

map 1
    Map Rating/Review Thread

map 2

Map Rating/Review Thread
    I must say your maps are truly getting better, but do to the fact that the first one has an optical illusion, I'm gonna give both of them 7/10

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Too much long grass, but other than that, nice job. 7/10

@time, I'm sorry but for some reason my browser is screwed up, so I will rate your map some other time. (it won't let me open anything >.<)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    hi i made a new map please rate it
    map name:snowcross city

map:

Map Rating/Review Thread

i hope i get good marks
    Rating: 8.5/10
    Reason: I like the map. The size is good, the way you placed the mountain tiles, buildings and the little ice ponds on the middle of the map. You could've added some greenery on the plain snow mountains. But the map is really good.
    Suggestions: Add some more greenery to the map and don't use too many of those boulders.

man... >.<

Anyways...
    Map 1...

REASON: It's a very complex map showing your ability in making nice maps in complexity(word?)... I like it. :)

Map 2...

REASON: Although it is really a nice map, it will be a bit annoying to walk in a zigzag pattern on the center of that map. Why didn't Nintendo inserted a diagonal way of walking...? >.<
    SUGGESTION: The map needs two mountain edges. :\ Fix the mountain edge of one level of the mountain.

Here's my map...
    I really forgot how to map a forest so :\... Suggestions is what I need, and ratings. :D

Rating: 8.5/10
    Reason: Wow, I like the way you've used the firered tiles on a ruby rom. It looks very suitable. You've left some plain areas though and the trees are placed in the middle in little square patches. But I like the shape of the map and the patches of grass.
    Suggestions: Don't leave too many empty spaces.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    man... >.<
    I feel chilly seeing them. "-__-

Anyways...
    Map 1...

Map 2...

Here's my map...

Now that my browser is working properly, I can rate your map as promised. The tall grass looks too much like nintendo's, and maybe give the ledges a better shape. Other than that, not too bad: 6.5/10

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

man... >.<

Anyways...
    Map 1...

Map 2...

Here's my map...

Rating:6/10
    Reason:Its too plain for my tastes.
    the grass looks like something nintendo made.
    it isn't as complicated as a forest should be, the weird spots just bother me, there are no empty spots or flowers in the grass,and thats about it.However, i do like that you put in firered trees, they just look awesome.
    Suggestions: The "dots" look overused. Take out 2-3 of them.
    Add more flowers, make it more forest like, and make better tree placement.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Rating:7/10
    Reason: Its a good map, i just don't see why every mountain has to have mountain tiles above it. The green, thin(whatever they are) look weird, but the rock and mountain placement are good.
    i don't like the lack of big trees though.
    suggestions: Whatever i said was wrong with the map.
    hey i made 2 maps from the awesome tiles please rate

map 1
    Map Rating/Review Thread

map 2

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map 1:7/10
    Reason: The mountains just look...plain when they all follow the same path.
    the skinny trees are all in a row, most of the trees are in a certain order, and i don't see the need to make the city road like THAT when you can just put a sign on the other side of the building.
    Suggestions:I'm pretty sure you know them.

Map 2:8/10
    Reason: Its much better, but the mountains still follow the same path.
    The grass placement is good, but i think you put in too much empty spots.
    and the ice maze isn't that hard to solve.
    Suggestions: whatever i said was wrong, like before.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    They are called bamboo ^^

well, here's my another map..

Name: Solstice Town
    Comment: i just test the rombase of Neti and it seems that i find it easy to use ^^
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating 9/10
    Reason: I like the map. The placement of the trees the mountain tiles, houses etc. is great. I noticed one thing though. The mountain is shorter than the building but you've made a bridge crossing through the PC. That looks a little wierd. But everything else looks really nice.

maoh4567

that's what she said...
    Years
    Rating 9/10
    Reason: I like the map. The placement of the trees the mountain tiles, houses etc. is great. I noticed one thing though. The mountain is shorter than the building but you've made a bridge crossing through the PC. That looks a little wierd. But everything else looks really nice.

i also notice that it looks weird, but i didn't mind it XD its beacause i just test Neti's rombase if i'll make a good map out of his rombase.. if i will use this map in a game, i will remove weird things in this map.. there's also one mistake in this map.. i think its impossible to make a border in this map. i dont know if you noticed that cell ^^.. if someone noticed it, pls dont mind it, just focus on the map.. thx ^^

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    i also notice that it looks weird, but i didn't mind it XD its beacause i just test Neti's rombase if i'll make a good map out of his rombase.. if i will use this map in a game, i will remove weird things in this map.. there's also one mistake in this map.. i think its impossible to make a border in this map. i dont know if you noticed that cell ^^.. if someone noticed it, pls dont mind it, just focus on the map.. thx ^^

Yeah I noticed that it's not possible to put a border, but you can put a plain one. It's not see-able in gameplay so it doesn't any matter. You could add another layer of mountain and the bridge won't look so weird. Just my suggestion..

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    It seems like it has been awhile since I posted my last map, even though it really hasn't. I thought I'd make it up by posting my 3 newest maps for my upcoming hack: Pokemon Apocalypse.

My starting town:
    Comments: Before you say "Starting towns are supposed to be basic" and all that stuff, I ask you, who came up with that rule? Who says it can't be a starting city? Who says the starting town can't be half a region? Just because nintendo made your main character live in a poor neighborhood doesn't mean we should let out characters live in a nice part of a city or something. :)

Spoiler:

The cave in my starting town.
    Comments: I truly suck at mapping caves, and I thought I'd give it a go. I must say I'm not happy with how it turned out, but whatever. I need suggestions to help improve my cave mapping.

Spoiler:

And now a mountainous route that I made. If you think this has a connection to the starting town, before you say "The connection will be messed up", it isn't connected to the starting town.:P
    Spoiler:

Can you guys please give me feedback (I'm accepting both positive and negative) to help me become the best mapper I can be?

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    It seems like it has been awhile since I posted my last map, even though it really hasn't. I thought I'd make it up by posting my 3 newest maps for my upcoming hack: Pokemon Apocalypse.

My starting town:
    Comments: Before you say "Starting towns are supposed to be basic" and all that stuff, I ask you, who came up with that rule? Who says it can't be a starting city? Who says the starting town can't be half a region? Just because nintendo made your main character live in a poor neighborhood doesn't mean we should let out characters live in a nice part of a city or something. :)

Spoiler:

The cave in my starting town.
    Comments: I truly suck at mapping caves, and I thought I'd give it a go. I must say I'm not happy with how it turned out, but whatever. I need suggestions to help improve my cave mapping.

Spoiler:

And now a mountainous route that I made. If you think this has a connection to the starting town, before you say "The connection will be messed up", it isn't connected to the starting town.:P
    Spoiler:

Can you guys please give me feedback (I'm accepting both positive and negative) to help me become the best mapper I can be?

Map number 1
    Rating 9/10
    Man, now that's a starting town :) Way to be a rebel and break the rule! I loveeee how the river flows on the mountain!
    I do suggest though, that you don't make a house the way you did right next to the cave entrance, it looks squashed. Also, this isn't really about the map, but, if it's the starting town and there's a Poke Center, then it can lead to the glitch. Cause if you revive your pokemon but don't have any, your game crashes.

Map number 2
    Rating 7/10
    It's not that bad, but it just seems like it's missing something. Maybe some more levels of mountain to walk on. Also, wayyy too much rocks on the bottom map, but the top map is good, I don't think that one has any problems.

Map number 3
    Rating 10/10
    Now that's a route! It rocks. Only thing I can suggest is not to put so much rocks, too many rocks ruin maps all the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back