• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

timeshero2

EkdIkOs
Years
  • Name - Apopka
    Rom - Fire Red
    Description - This is the starter town, instead of Pallet Town. The lake at the bottom is called Lake Apopka. This whole map is actually based off the town I live in, Apopka, Florida. (This is the first map I've ever made. NO STEALING IT, I'm using it in my hack.)

Credits to Don Patch for the palm tree design.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Name - Apopka
    Rom - Fire Red
    Description - This is the starter town, instead of Pallet Town. The lake at the bottom is called Lake Apopka. This whole map is actually based off the town I live in, Apopka, Florida. (This is the first map I've ever made. NO STEALING IT, I'm using it in my hack.)

Credits to Don Patch for the palm tree design.
    Spoiler:

There are so many tile errors it makes my eyes bleed. >:

Anyways, if this were, uh, more properly made, then it still doesn't have the ideals of a decent map. There should never be grass in a city/town, but especially not a starter town. Gahh, I dunno if I can even review this properly even imagining it having no tile errors. For now, I'll have to give it a 1/10.. fix all of the tile errors (I mean, seriously, doesn't the water look wrong to you? You used still water tiles where moving water tiles should be..!), and then I can probably try to rate it. Btw, that safari tree that you're using? Yeah, it's supposed to be three tiles wide. You can't just cut out the middle; it makes the tree a.) not have a trunk and b.) the colors of the top don't match up at all, like they do when using all three tiles.

Also, there's a random piece of grass in the top-right hand corner, where the corner of that tree there should be. :/

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    *Sigh*I Decided to post this Ice cave...Which I made a long time ago...

Name-Frozone Cavern 1F
    ROM-Ruby
    Description-First map I ever made...I lost it in a computer crash...the only one left is in my album...

Spoiler:

Wow, that's actually familiar to me.
    It is like a smaller version of Frozen Cave in the old Zephyr?
    HOHOHO. It's OK.

Rating: 6/10
    Reasons: Good map, it isn't too square and not much difficult. cool!

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
  • Pokecraze -

4/10 The map doesn't have any... direction. What I mean is you could get to it from all sides, so its more some ice field than a cave which I feel it should be. Theres also quite a few tiling errors I can spot, one of the ladders, the ledge down the left isn't consistant...

Shadow -

8/10 - Looks good from what I can see, however I don't like how you can only go one way through the ice puzzle! ;) Haha.

it is not a cave its a town

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Heres my map! :P
    I made it in 1 1/2 hour.....
    Spoiler:

i hope you rate it! :P

9/10

Its a very good map, simple but effective. The only thing I dislike is the tall grass in a town idea >< but thats just my personal preference.

Also the map might have border issues since the left bit had mountain but the bottom would have to have trees? :P

@Pokecraze

It has no buildings and such and so therefore is not a town when I rate it ;)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Heres my map! :P
    Spoiler:

Rating: 4.8/10
    Reason: There shouldn't be tall grass in any town, it looks really necessary, and it shows you REALLY were trying to fill up space... you are also lacking the most important thing to making a map: playability. If there isn't a balance between that and how natural a map is, it'll get you no where. It almost seems like you tried too hard to make it natural, and really ended up killing the map. Also, have fun trying to get the border to work properly.

Also, what's with that random fence? Like, really... come on, you can do better than that for a space filler... and add a few flowers.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Map: Sable Forest

ROM Base: Ruby Version AXVE

Comments: One of my first start from scratch, large scale maps. It is supposed to be a pathway between two towns, and am deciding if I should have a rival battle here. The water in the middle may be used for a wild battle event, but I don't know yet.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Heres my map! :P
    Spoiler:

Excellent Map!!
    I see virtually nothing wrong with it!
    Only problem is that usually you don't see tall grass in a town, unless wild Pokemon are there.
    Also you see more than one tile of walking space.
    Just some things to take into consideration, though!

Great Job! 9.5/10

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Spoiler:

Disturbed has already said what I was going to say. I don't think you need to hear the same thing twice. x_x

I have more to add though. I went through this map and I found 24 block edit/tile errors. And I went through it quickly. There's no effort put there. It's laziness. I've got all of them circled here.

Spoiler:

Mapping is not about speed here. Take your time with them. I think if you take your time and not rush, you have potential to map very well.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Spoiler:

Rating: A perfect 10 over 10! :)

Reason:
    I love the map, dude! It's like giving a modern look using antique materials! The windmill, the mart design, the houses - All uniquely done! And because of the trees around it, it's like showing the town is using their resources well! Good job!

Suggestions: So Far, none. Maybe change the location of the sign/mailbox near the windmill? :)

Another nice job, Maverick! :D

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I chage the map a bit from the map before
    Name:Ginger Village
    Info:I work hard on this one trying to improve my mapping skills..
    Rate it guys..:);)
    Spoiler:

Wow,you've improved a lot since you started!!
    But this map screws up with the border block. :0
    I'll explain how to fix it on msn. ;)
    rating: 8,6/10

The mapshot is blur,or its just my imagination?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back