• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    i improved my grape fruit islands

RATING: 0/10
    REASON: It's still not a nice map.
    SUGGESTION: You desperately need to learn how to map. Look at map tutorials for help.

Name: Route 25
    Credits: Me, Zel, Kyledove, Nintendo, & Synyster_Lili
    Comments: Route 25 from Infernal Legend
    Map:
    Spoiler:

RATING: 8/10
    REASON: It's a very simple and very nice map. Very harmonious and very pleasing. Though it's an easy walk-through map, plus our chance of evading wild PKMN is pretty high. :\ But it's still a nice map.
    SUGGESTION: Fix these errors...
    Spoiler:

The red circles indicate the wrong use of tiles/blocks. You should only use those for tiles/blocks which are circled in yellow.

Years
  • i improved my grape fruit islands

3.5/10

I don't think it deserves a 0/10 and I think it's rude she would rate it that.

There are some good aspects of the map.

In my opinion the island shapes and mountain shapes are pretty good. Though the tree placement is kind of bad for playability.

The bordering rocks in the water are too straight.

Also the map really looks like it had no point to it.

I do like the idea of showing how the trees have been chopped down.

It is not the best map but it's definitely not a 0.

Keep mapping and take some of the suggestions I have given you and your map should improve a bit.

Edit: Oh one more thing. Your map did improve from the last one. good job.

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
  • After a few months (i don't know o.O) i did a new map. I don't really like this map (i don't know² o.O)...
    So rate please :D

Map Name: -
    Map Game: Leaf Green (GER)
    Credits:
    -Saurav (Vegetation)
    -Alistair (The water shape)
    -Wesley FG (The path)
    -Sasquatchd00d (I used a bit his flower placement ;))

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~MOP

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • ok i got another.
    this is eartrice City, Home of the 3rd gym challenge from my custom region.
    Its the highest lying city to date, sat on a snowy hillside, on cardinal Mountain

Map-Eartrice City
    Tool-AMap
    Tiles-Neti's Firered Snow rombase

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • After a few months (i don't know o.O) i did a new map. I don't really like this map (i don't know² o.O)...

Credits:
    -Saurav (Vegetation)
    -Wesley FG (The path)

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~MOP
    rating 10/10 i love the map very nice try placement and nice natural look
    its as a few erras but there barely noticeable very nice
    sugestion
    fix the roads there a little band and fill in some more space try adding flowers
    and some shadow mistakes with the bridge

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Credits:
    -Saurav (Vegetation)
    -Wesley FG (The path)

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~MOP
    Hey MOP, ehm... Awesome?
    Ok, I uhm LOVE the everything with the map (<-- wtf??)
    The mountains look very odd, but that's the tiles, not the actual map (seriosly, they look very odd, check the southern parts), and the contrast of the pallete gives it all a weird feeling, but that's not map either. Ehm... Awesome?

What the heck, 10/10, just for the sake of the awesomeness!

Years
  • Sheild your eyes for the most suckish-y suckish map that disgraces Lolthatmapsucksopolis...

Fire Red Tiles, ROM, etc.
    Me Map =D
    Spoiler:

So, any of you died from over-facepalming?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • ^ Why die? The only fatal mistakes you made was border blocks (easily fixed) and a little bit too square mountains. Otherwise, the map is totally decent. And the tiles, c'mon, if we have been able to love FrLg with them, then I think we will be OK.

I'm doin very short reviews today... Ah well, give it a nice 6/10
    Put some things to the south (it looks empty there somehow), and it's great. ^^

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years

Credits:
    -Saurav (Vegetation)
    -Wesley FG (The path)

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~MOP

This is an awesome map.

10/10

Comments- I love how you placed everything in the right spot and your choice of tiles and palettes.

Improvements: Watch out of border errors (though I see none if the map is connected to other maps :P).

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • ok i got another.
    this is eartrice City, Home of the 3rd gym challenge from my custom region.
    Its the highest lying city to date, sat on a snowy hillside, on cardinal Mountain

Map-Eartrice City
    Tool-AMap
    Tiles-Neti's Firered Snow rombase

Can i get a Rate or Review Please?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Resultz, in my opinion, you could tweak the mountain tiles a tiny bit in order to make them less straight when put together, as it would make your map look way better. It definitely does NOT look bad the way you threw it together, but I reckon it would add a nice touch to it. I'm liking the freezing atmosphere you stickied with, nevertheless.

Well, anyway, MAH VERY FIRST MAP YEAH.

Map Name: Unnamed.
    Map Game: Pokémon FireRed.
    Comments: Nothing much to comment on this, really. It's just my very first attempt at creating a route with the help of Advance Map, and I reckon it turned out better than I thought I would be able to pull off. The graphics scattered around the map that are NOT from the original game were all drawn by scratch by me.

So yeah. Although it is quite likely that I won't be making any hacks out of this (I don't even know if it works fine in-game, to be frank... I really just made it for pure fun), I'm rather satisfied with how it turned out. I would love, though, to hear what you people think of it. :)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Resultz, in my opinion, you could tweak the mountain tiles a tiny bit in order to make them less straight when put together, as it would make your map look way better. It definitely does NOT look bad the way you threw it together, but I reckon it would add a nice touch to it. I'm liking the freezing atmosphere you stickied with, nevertheless.

Comments: Nothing much to comment on this, really. It's just my very first attempt at creating a route with the help of Advance Map, and I reckon it turned out better than I thought I would be able to pull off. The graphics scattered around the map that are NOT from the original game were all drawn by scratch by me.

So yeah. Although it is quite likely that I won't be making any hacks out of this (I don't even know if it works fine in-game, to be frank... I really just made it for pure fun), I'm rather satisfied with how it turned out. I would love, though, to hear what you people think of it. :)
    Rating 6.5/10
    Reason square trees and square rodes
    suggestion make the rodes more unique and less square and fix the tree placement

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Resultz, in my opinion, you could tweak the mountain tiles a tiny bit in order to make them less straight when put together, as it would make your map look way better. It definitely does NOT look bad the way you threw it together, but I reckon it would add a nice touch to it. I'm liking the freezing atmosphere you stickied with, nevertheless.

This is a very nice map you've got there.
    I like the placement of the trees and the water.
    I can't find anything wrong with it.

9.5/10

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Okay fellers, I inserted some tiles today, and decided to test my mapping skills again. They are definantly lacking.

Map Name: Wary Hills

Map Game: FireRed

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: I know the map is pointlessly short. I kinda didn't notice I was making it like that until it was almost done, so yeah.

Creds: Kyledove - Tiles, Rhevarhe_Duh - Tiles, Alistair - Tiles, Newtiteaf - Tiles, Speedialga - Tiles

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
  • Okay fellers, I inserted some tiles today, and decided to test my mapping skills again. They are definantly lacking.

Map Name: Wary Hills

Map Game: FireRed

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: I know the map is pointlessly short. I kinda didn't notice I was making it like that until it was almost done, so yeah.

Creds: Kyledove - Tiles, Rhevarhe_Duh - Tiles, Alistair - Tiles, Newtiteaf - Tiles, Speedialga - Tiles

Very nice map, I cannot seem to see any errors in the maps and the tiles are really good.

9.5/10 I can't see any thing wrong about giving you full marks so...... 10/10!!!!

~Gibson~

It's not my fault!
    Years
  • Hey there,
    some (German) guys of you may know me as "Gibson" (RHR-board, BB). I've already visited the PC-forum a few times and I finally decided to register xD. Well, so I'm going to post my latest map^^.
    Credits go to:
    Synyster_Zeikku
    Kyledove
    WesleyFG
    Blackvolution
    Pantimimi
    rhevarhe_duh
    Alistair
    Recks
    newtiteuf

greetz,
    Gibson

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Very nice map, I cannot seem to see any errors in the maps and the tiles are really good.

9.5/10 I can't see any thing wrong about giving you full marks so...... 10/10!!!!
    Why I do thank you for the nice comment, I do not agree with your rating. I, myself, would rather see a cold hard rating rather than a simple and sugar-coated one.

Hey there,
    some (German) guys of you may know me as "Gibson" (RHR-board, BB). I've already visited the PC-forum a few times and I finally decided to register xD. Well, so I'm going to post my latest map^^.
    Credits go to:
    Synyster_Zeikku
    Kyledove
    WesleyFG
    Blackvolution
    Pantimimi
    rhevarhe_duh
    Alistair
    Recks
    newtiteuf

greetz,
    Gibson

Okay, this map draws attention to my eyes, mainly due to the tiles, but the map is pretty good too. Sorry, but I kinda contadict myself when it comes to ratings, I'm not too good, but I don't sugar-coat them. Anyways, enough about that lol.

Okay, so the first thing I notice about this hack is the wonderful tiles and pals you have, but that cannot factor into a map's rating...or so I've heard. The general shape is pretty nice, got a curve too it, and it's definitely not square(which is, has been, and always will be something that looks like **** to me, I don't care if Nintendo did make them square...sorry off-topic, that's another thread), which is good. Tree placement is nice, but there are too many spaces in-between the trees((which I am guilty of myself)you know, like instead of being like this: || they are like this | | get it?), but the shape of them is pretty nice. The variation of trees you used it pretty cool, imo. Paths. Your paths are too straight, which makes them look out of place in this, otherwise, nice map. Make them have more of a curved and random edge instead of so straight. Mountains are good, you followed the main rules in mountain placement. The flowers should be placed closely together, in groups of two, or three like this:
    x
    x x
    Get it? Shrubs and rocks work this way too, which I see you did. Building placement is also nice, good job. I'm not an expert on fences, so I can't really help you on this part, but I'm just saying they don't look good for some reason, ask somebody else for help on that, lol. Other greenery and shiz is placed good...guess there's not too much you can screw up on that part, right? The water is pretty good, but I'm not an expert on that either, but the shape is nice, there seem to be no border errors, and it balances out with the map.

Rating: 6/10

Other comments: Remember the rating I gave you is all based on my opinions, somebody else could write up a huge review and give it a 10/10, and have logical points about it too. It's all in the opinion. Also, you should submit this too the Tiles/Palette Rating thread :P

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hey there,
    Credits go to:
    Synyster_Zeikku
    Kyledove
    WesleyFG
    Blackvolution
    Pantimimi
    rhevarhe_duh
    Alistair
    Recks
    newtiteuf

greetz,
    Gibson

Wow, this map is awesome. 9.8/10 (nothing's perfect).

Well, I have to say this map is amazing. The choice of tiles and palettes combined with the playability of the map make it awesome. I hope to see more. ;)

Also, watch out for border errors.

~Gibson~

It's not my fault!
    Years
  • @TB Pro:
    Thanx, you mentioned some points I never thought about, especially the trees or the flower placement - and I really like your comment's formulation^^. The paths may look kinda straight, but there is a reason for it: I wanted them to look more human-made,
    not too wild or natural, you know. Also thx for the Tiles Rating Thread suggestion, I'm about to do that^^

@Pokepal17:
    Thank you, but there won't be any border errors, cuz I matched this map's borders with the borders of three other maps. And of course I'm going to post more xD

greetz,
    Gibson

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back