• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Mega Swampert skipped leg day...

Mega Sceptile looks like you asked a child to design their own dinosaur. Grass/Dragon... really?

Mega Diancie... why?

Mega Kyogre... looks nothing special...

Mega Groundon looks cool!

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • Looks like the "Mega forms" of Kyogre and Groudon are atomic regressions and they're called Atom Kyogre and Atom Groudon.

E: Now they're called Primal/Primeval. As they seem to be readily available in the wild. I wonder how that works. No stones?

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Ah I see, Mega Swampert is meant to be used as a tank; a further increase in Attack, Defences and HP and it'll be an amazing sight.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ah I see, Mega Swampert is meant to be used as a tank; a further increase in Attack, Defences and HP and it'll be an amazing sight.
    Base HP doesn't increase when a Pokemon Mega Evolves.

Anyway, I like both of the new Hoenn Mega Evolutions. Mega Swampert may look tanky, but it can go faster with Swift Swim. I like Mega Sceptile's design too.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • Okay. This is what I'll do. When X and Y first came out, someone traded me a Torchic with Blazikenite. I already had one from the event, so I kept it for later. So, my plan is to start with Mudkip and give it to my friend with Swampertite. Then start a New Game and start with Treecko and get Swampertite back. My friend is nice and I trust him to give it back. So, now I'm going to breed a Shiny Torchic and a Shiny Mudkip. My brother has the Shiny Charm in X and he'll let me breed them on his game and use Bank to send it to Omega Ruby. These games will be Super Special Awesome. I have Brooklyn Rage because I don't have these games! (YGOTAS FTW!) Thanks for reading my ramble.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Sceptile Has an LOT of Weaknesses. And they give him Lightning Rod. An immunity to a type he already double resists? Why not Ice Rod, or ... Flying Rod to counter Talonflame (lol)

Lightning rod does protect him from T-Wave AND Boost his Special Attack... So no question he is a sweeper.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The Megas for Sceptile and Swampert feels a bit like Venusaur and Blastoise Megas.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I saw Mega Swampert's swift swim coming (it's dex entry says it travels like a Jet ski boat so that's how I figured it'll get it) but was thrown back when seeing that Sceptile had Lightning Rod. Oh well...now I have something to get rid of those nasty Jolteons I've been encountering online lately...

I can see Yanmega and Mamoswine, along with Tangrowth getting the "prehistoric" megas.

Years
  • I hope Sceptile still gets a 2nd Mega. I love how it is Grass/Dragon so I am happy, although it has a lot of weakness.

Same here. Or maybe it'll get a Ancient Devolution.

By the way I recall that some dinosaurs are believed to have had lightning rod like tails in which lightning will strike them. I think that may be the basis for Mega Sceptile (even though it's suppose to be a Geeko and not a Dinosaur) having Lightning Rod.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm not expecting 2nd Megas for the starters since the only one that really got a 2nd was Charizard. (for some stupid pet peevy reason)

I think if anyone gets a 2nd Mega, it'll probably be Blaziken since he's the popular one. But I do think the Grass/Dragon deal is interesting.. though on paper it looks like it might hinder him more. That 4x Ice weakness, an added Dragon weakness, ouch.

It seems to me the only use Sceptile is going to get out of that extra typing is Dragonbreath/Dragon Pulse. The former being an egg move and the latter being a Move Tutor from B2W2. Here's to hoping they bring back Dragon Pulse in Hoenn so that Sceptile can actually make use out of it's new form's added type.

I'm also really glad they didn't change Swampert's typing. Phew. XD;
    It's just too perfect to mess around with, imo.

Years
  • I'm not expecting 2nd Megas for the starters since the only one that really got a 2nd was Charizard. (for some stupid pet peevy reason)

I think if anyone gets a 2nd Mega, it'll probably be Blaziken since he's the popular one. But I do think the Grass/Dragon deal is interesting.. though on paper it looks like it might hinder him more. That 4x Ice weakness, an added Dragon weakness, ouch.

It seems to me the only use Sceptile is going to get out of that extra typing is Dragonbreath/Dragon Pulse. The former being an egg move and the latter being a Move Tutor from B2W2. Here's to hoping they bring back Dragon Pulse in Hoenn so that Sceptile can actually make use out of it's new form's added type.

I'm also really glad they didn't change Swampert's typing. Phew. XD;
    It's just too perfect to mess around with, imo.

I know, I'm hoping that it'll return too, and that the Move Tutor at the frontier will teach it Outrage. Also maybe GF will make it so that the move tutor who will teach Draco Meteor allows those who Mega Evolve into dragon types like Sceptile and Ampharos to learn Draco Meteor if they have their Mega stone on them.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • It seems to me the only use Sceptile is going to get out of that extra typing is Dragonbreath/Dragon Pulse. The former being an egg move and the latter being a Move Tutor from B2W2. Here's to hoping they bring back Dragon Pulse in Hoenn so that Sceptile can actually make use out of it's new form's added type.

Blastiose got a whole suite of Mega Launcher Moves to compliment his Mega. Sceptile will too. Also, Dragon Pulse is a TM in Gen 4. Mine already has it. Made it to slay Palmer's Milotic.

Years
  • Blastiose got a whole suite of Mega Launcher Moves to compliment his Mega. Sceptile will too. Also, Dragon Pulse is a TM in Gen 4. Mine already has it. Made it to slay Palmer's Milotic.

I hope that Dragon Pulse will return as a Tm, replacing Rock Smash which will reclaim it's place as a HM.

Anyone think that we'll see any more Kalos Pokemon get Megas? Maybe Hoopa and Volcanion?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back