• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • I would love Mega Arcanine with Moxie. That would be awesome.

I would love to see an Ice/Dragon come out, but I don't know of any good candidates for it at the moment (Maybe Lapras). Would also love Electric/Fighting Raichu and an Fairy/Ice Vanilliuxe.

Would also love to see Fire/Fairy Ninetails.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Anyone notice that Mega Sableye's gem is a red Rupee?

Years
  • ^I wonder if you'll earn ¥20 every time you beat a Pokemon with Mega Sableye.... 8Db

Another Ice/Dragon would be pretty cool; we got Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon Megas, so an Ice/Dragon Mega could be a shoutout to the Tao trio.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Another Ice/Dragon would be pretty cool; we got Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon Megas, so an Ice/Dragon Mega could be a shoutout to the Tao trio.

As said from three posts up, Lapras seems a good candidate for that. I hope we get that.

Also, Mega-Electivire must happen. It's high time he returns as a top-tier threat.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • Mega Sableye toting around the gigantic gem is really adorable to me for some reason. Good to know that it gets one like its counterpart, too- it's a bit late, but that's fair enough.

Ability-wise, Prankster is my best guess, since that's (arguably) the best one it can get, but who knows, really...

I'm also overjoyed about Sceptile and Swampert getting Megas- a part of me was afraid they'd only have Blaziken with one, which wouldn't have been fair at all. Grass/Dragon for Mega Sceptile is a nifty typing (even if Lightningrod as an ability is a little strange) and Mega Swampert is so buff- it looks like it could shake off a hit from a truck.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Mega-Slaking - No Stat Boost - Ability: Infiltrator.

Heck, you could probably DEDUCT points from Mega-Slaking and it would still be awesome.

Infiltrator to destroy Substitute users. And you don't want him to have a damage increasing ability.

Slacking made sense when 160 was unobtainable attack power. But several Megas have 160 attack power (with abilities factoring in) without loosing turns. His gimmick has been obsoleted.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hoping for Mega Roserade & Mega Milotic

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • With Mega Sableye confirmed, I guess any other version exclusive would get mega's like Seviper and Zangoose. Gallade is an obvious candidate ahaha xD

Also what if we received a Mega Ninjask and Mega Shedinja?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Actually I'm kind a disappointed in Mega Sableye !
    Anyway , Does anyone expecting Mega Feraligatr , Mega Dunsparce and Mega Eeveelution ???

With Mega Sableye confirmed, I guess any other version exclusive would get mega's like Seviper and Zangoose. Gallade is an obvious candidate ahaha xD

Also what if we received a Mega Ninjask and Mega Shedinja?

I think Gallade might get his megevolution in XY remake Or Squeal.
    May be , At the hand of a new champion in Diantha's place.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Actually I'm kind a disappointed in Mega Sableye !
    Anyway , Does anyone expecting Mega Feraligatr , Mega Dunsparce and Mega Eeveelution ???

I think Gallade might get his megevolution in XY remake Or Squeal.
    May be , At the hand of a new champion in Diantha's place.

MFW Gallade doesn't get mega until Gen 4 remakes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    Sharpedo and Camerupt are going to be megas.
    Mega Sableye looks very poor in my opinion.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • To be honest, I'm still not sure if I plan to pick these up. Mega Sceptile looks awesome and Mega Swampert looks cool enough. Though, I am kind of pissed that they made Mega Sceptile into a Grass/Dragon type. That's a typing I've been hoping they'd make for a while now, and I think its stupid to slap it on a Mega, at least as long as a "real" Pokémon doesn't have that typing yet. I'm also just really disappointed with the timing of these releases. If they were going to release Megas for Sceptile and Swampert anyway, why not release them along with Mega Blaziken. Or, if they needed them for promotion for the new games, why not withhold Mega Blaziken until OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire?

However, I'm kind of annoyed with Mega Sableye. It really looks no different than regular Sableye. I couldn't even tell that it was a Mega if not for the big ruby its carrying around.

Mega Blaziken was in the anime in the first few episodes. That is why the brought it out so early.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Mega-Sableye is proof that less is more. You don't need to add spikes and claws and antennas to everything to make it cool.

Char-X has Claws on his shoulders, because adding claws makes it look more "Mega". For Sableye, just adding a Ruby (AND the pose) is enough to maximize everything people liked about him in the first place.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm really interested in Mega Sableye. Not just because of the ruby shield, but also because it can take advantage of the opponent's weak points. I think it'll be a good counterpart for Mega Mawile.

Mega Sceptile looks really cool, and I'm glad that it got the Grass/Dragon typing. However, I was hoping Game Freak would make it more physical, by giving it Tough Claws or something. But on the other hand, Lightningrod makes it good in Inverted battles, by nullifying its x4 Electric weakness. Besides, Game Freak could make it a mixed sweeper, like Mega Garchomp.

Mega Swampert looks like an interesting choice for OU, with its strength and bulk, and with Swift Swim taking care of its Speed issues. Hopefully, the weather nerf will save it from being banished to Ubers.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Mega-Slaking - No Stat Boost - Ability: Infiltrator.

Heck, you could probably DEDUCT points from Mega-Slaking and it would still be awesome.

Infiltrator to destroy Substitute users. And you don't want him to have a damage increasing ability.

Slacking made sense when 160 was unobtainable attack power. But several Megas have 160 attack power (with abilities factoring in) without loosing turns. His gimmick has been obsoleted.

Or they should at least give it Slow Start (lazy animals, people, and machines are slow to start things, but as soon as they get moving they can be quite fast as what they do) and give it that 100 point boost too.

Everyone remembers how Sableye in the trailer used Foul Play against Mega Swampert? Maybe it's an indication that Swampert has high attack as Foul Play does more damage when one boosts it's attack (I'm not sure if it works against Mega boosts, but still). I say this as it used Shadow Sneak against the speed boosting Mega Blaziken. As for what it could hint about Mega Sceptile...maybe it's special defense is it's weakest stat?

Years
  • Serebii's updated Mega evolution page for ORAS states that Swampert, contrary to popular belief, gets an Attack stat boost when Mega evolving! Like most have assumed, Sableye's defense receives a buff. Nothing about Sceptile in terms of stats, or Diancie, but they both have dex-entry like paragraphs under the Details section that are quite interesting. o:

I hope that Sceptile becomes faster and has stronger special attack and attack (as it has a lot of physical and special moves to decide which way it should go). The tail thing explains why it looked like a rocket to me xD.

Years
  • We actually get some shots of his missile tail in action:

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Interesting to see if he gets a new move that revolves around that mechanic, haha. Not sure if there's any existing move that would work for such a unique trait! This screenshot showcases his tail in a perspective that makes it look clearly like a missile.

Years
  • We actually get some shots of his missile tail in action:

Interesting to see if he gets a new move that revolves around that mechanic, haha. Not sure if there's any existing move that would work for such a unique trait! This screenshot showcases his tail in a perspective that makes it look clearly like a missile.

Woah, kind of creepy to see it without it's tip. It may only be for aesthetics but it'll be awesome if it did get a move that uses that. I wonder if it's tail will go up during Draco Meteor...since it works like a rocket and would fit with the meteors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back