• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm kind a disappointed !
    Because When I heard ''Big Megevolution Scoop next month'' I expected something big and Unexpected.
    Unfortunately , It was just The Predictable Megevolution of Altaria and Salamence . Only Mega Lopunny was unexpected.
    As for Mega Salamence , I feel like it got trapped on a bottle with no arm to use.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm loving Mega Lopunny! So glad to see it--definitely hoping for some nice gen 5 Megas, and even a few more from gen 4 (Dusknoir and Gallade come to mind very quickly, in addition to some of their legendaries) now that Mega Lopunny has arrived. Definitely my favorite of the bunch, and one of my most favorite overall. The design is very clever, and I might just use one on my in-game team if we can get the Mega Stone before the post-game.

And great job getting Aerilate, Salamence! All that time trying to teach yourself how to fly has really paid off, and now you're a real jet! Here's hoping the same can happen to Archeops...
    I'll like to see some more Gen II as well, as Gen I and III have the most (well Gen III is now clearly winning).
    Speaking of legends I hope that Mega Omega Arceus and Mega Alpha Arceus happens. Though it would mean Mewtwo going back down to second place in terms of BST. Interestingly the other Pokémon that got two will be going down as the Starter with the highest BST, with Mega Swampert (with Swampert already having the highest BST among the normal final evolved starters) most likely getting that coveted title.

Years
  • Big Mega evolution scoop. Is it weird that it's only likely four Megas (There is one below Altaria, but who knows what it is)Another page perhaps? O.o

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Big Mega evolution scoop. Is it weird that it's only likely four Megas (There is one below Altaria, but who knows what it is)Another page perhaps? O.o
    That's what I suggested. Four seems rather small, especially when compared to the first Mega related issue which came exactly a year ago.

Well it's 1:24 here. I better go to bed now, I'll try to wake up early to not miss out on any more leaks (it'll suck if there's one after I leave).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'll like to see some more Gen II as well, as Gen I and III have the most (well Gen III is now clearly winning).
    Speaking of legends I hope that Mega Omega Arceus and Mega Alpha Arceus happens. Though it would mean Mewtwo going back down to second place in terms of BST. Interestingly the other Pokémon that got two will be going down as the Starter with the highest BST, with Mega Swampert (with Swampert already having the highest BST among the normal final evolved starters) most likely getting that coveted title.

Arceus Omega and Arceus Alpha are exactly what I want to happen. As cool as Mewtwo is, Arceus deserves to have the highest BST. Also, competitively speaking there's no fear for how "OP" it would be--it's already Ubers in Smogon, and because it's a Mythical Pokémon it will always be banned from the VGC's. It would mainly exist for fun and adding to its lore; personally I'd love to see a more defensive, "creator"-like Alpha, and a more destructive, "final judgment"-like Omega. Granted, I think this would likely be left for an event, and not revealed any time before the games are released, but as long as they happen I'll be happy!

I'd say gen 2 Pokémon also have a good shot at being included--it's very likely we'll get the gen 2 starters as a throw-back to Emerald, so I'm hoping they get their own Megas, too.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Mega Altaria is really fluffy and lovable. I hope they boost its defenses and/or its Special Attack. A set of Hyper Voice, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, and a filler move would be great for it.

Mega Lopunny also intrigues me. A Fighting type with Scrappy? Yes please.

Mega Salamence... While I'm glad that Salamence finally gets a Mega Evolution, I hope that they don't raise its Attack stat so much, but rather increase its defenses and Speed.

Years
  • OMG!! Mega Lopunny confiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirmed!!!!

Now that offensive movepool of hers is gonna be used much more!! I totally didn't see that coming!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    They should have just did a Mega Dragon featue, and have a Mega Flygon to complete the Mega Trifecta. Loppuny can go screw itself, its ruining the mega scoop. Such a useless Pokemon getting a useless upgrade. I'm also guessing this means normal evolutions for Pokemon that need one are thrown out the window if it can get one.
    Otherwise, Mega Kite! I mean Mega Salamence!Give it Extremespeed and break the damn meta. I didn't really want it, but if GF is gonna go all out on the mega evos, then I'll give it a pass.
    I think Mega Altaria is the cutest little death machine. Dragon/Fairy is going to rock, if it isn't broken. Also making it offensive gives the fairy type a chance to really shine as a dragon killer, even if it means that Altaria is now going against its kind. Ah well, Dragon/Fairy!
    Now where the hell is my Mega Flygon GF.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I like Mega Lopunny! It looks pretty cute, and it's now more fearsome thanks to its Normal/Fighting typing & Scrappy. Also, it means all three members of Team Charm (PMD2) have Megas!

Getting 8-12 Megas in one batch would certainly be something, unless you meant there'll be more Megas revealed over time XD Still, this is a "Mega scoop", so there may very well be as many!

#PMD2 CONFIRMED

Mega Altaria was literally the perfect Dragon/Fairy Pokemon, I am so happy but also kind of sad because I had such a nice team planned out and now it looks like I'll have to change it around to include it haha. Also no I totally don't type out Mega Altairis before realizing I'm not actually a Pokemon :(

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Really happy with these three Mega Evolutions so far, hopefully if there are any more they'll be an interesting mix too. Looking foreword to seeing a trailer of these guys in action as well. :3

Years
  • I missed the leak because I was out shopping, but here's my thoughts on the three new Megas revealed today.

Mega Salamence - I don't really like the design here, it's too plane-like. However, getting Aerilate for its ability makes up for it, since it didn't learn much in the way of Flying moves anyway. It may grow on me eventually, but I'm sure it may get competitive relevance once again.

Mega Lopunny - The dark brown coloring on its legs look a bit out-of-place, but I was actually hoping the cute bunny would get a Mega one day, and I was pretty much hoping for either Fairy or Fighting as a second type so I guess I was right about something here. Scrappy is also not too bad of an ability either, since that means not even Ghosts are safe from its STAB moves.

Mega Altaria - It looks even fluffier! And Dragon/Fairy was something we all wanted, and it was kinda expected given Altaria itself can learn some Fairy moves. However, this unique typing does come with some pros and cons. First, Altaria loses the Ground immunity and also gains weaknesses to Poison and Steel however its Ice weakness gets nerfed from a 4x to 2x weakness, and its Dragon weakness becomes an immunity as well. Pixilate is also a nice ability, but I don't think many Normal moves it learns may be enough to use the ability well.

Oh, and Mega Lopunny is the first Normal/Fighting-type aside from Pirouette Forme Meloetta... but I'm sure everyone knew that.

Years
  • Wow! I didn't see Mega Lopunny or Mega Altaria coming! Well, I hope they give us more Mega Evolutions..

Years
  • I cant begin to explain the fear I have for Mega Alteria, getting access to Return and Dragon Dance along with Cotton Guard? Combine all that with Pixelate, and you should all be very, VERY scared.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Hikamaru said:
    Mega Altaria - It looks even fluffier! And Dragon/Fairy was something we all wanted, and it was kinda expected given Altaria itself can learn some Fairy moves. However, this unique typing does come with some pros and cons. First, Altaria loses the Ground immunity and also gains weaknesses to Poison and Steel however its Ice weakness gets nerfed from a 4x to 2x weakness, and its Dragon weakness becomes an immunity as well. Pixilate is also a nice ability, but I don't think many Normal moves it learns may be enough to use the ability well.
    hyper voice gets the pixilate boost and it hits through substitute, that's something tbh. mega gardevoir's main attacking move is hyper voice (if you play competitive) since it got pixilate too, and it hits really hard.

mega altaria will be able to use pixilate well imo, and dragon stabs omg :o

Fratomon said:
    I cant begin to explain the fear I have for Mega Alteria, getting access to Return and Dragon Dance along with Cotton Guard? Combine all that with Pixelate, and you should all be very, VERY scared.
    holy ♥♥♥♥ gg x.x

also impressed with mega lopunny, just kinda disappointed with mega salamence design-wise, but hey, aerilate is cool, right?

Years
  • hyper voice gets the pixilate boost and it hits through substitute, that's something tbh. mega gardevoir's main attacking move is hyper voice (if you play competitive) since it got pixilate too, and it hits really hard.

mega altaria will be able to use pixilate well imo, and dragon stabs omg :o

holy ♥♥♥♥ gg x.x

also impressed with mega lopunny, just kinda disappointed with mega salamence design-wise, but hey, aerilate is cool, right?

Ah yeah forgot about Hyper Voice hahaha, but still I also noticed that with Dragon Dance + Pixilate-boosted Return will hit pretty hard so yeah, definitely not something to sneeze at. And I noticed that with Scrappy, not many things can easily resist Mega Lopunny's STABs given that ability allows Normal and Fighting moves to hit Ghost-types.

Lopunny could definitely get competitive recognition again but in a new way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Ah yeah forgot about Hyper Voice hahaha, but still I also noticed that with Dragon Dance + Pixilate-boosted Return will hit pretty hard so yeah, definitely not something to sneeze at. And I noticed that with Scrappy, not many things can easily resist Mega Lopunny's STABs given that ability allows Normal and Fighting moves to hit Ghost-types.

Lopunny could definitely get competitive recognition again but in a new way.

They could boost Mega Lopunny's attack a lot, so it hits stuff like Mega Sableye and Aegislash pretty hard.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I'm actually VERY tempted to train a swablu in ORAS now instead of trapinch.
    I already have a Lv100 flygon in X so...

Man, that dragon/fairy typing is so unique and so cool.

But here's my 2 cents, I'll be very upset if flygon doesn't end up with a mega. Well, it's not because I like it a lot (it is my favorite pokemon but I'm trying hard not to be bias), but rather it's getting overshadowed by many other dragons. Garchomp at first, and now Salamence and Altaria are also getting megas. It seems very left out for this potentially amazing dragon. It has pretty good all rounded specs.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Damn, the people who predicted a Dragon/Fairy Mega Altaria were spot on. The thing even gets Hyper Voice and Pixilate. It might actually be pretty good now, seeing as how it's the only Dragon immune to Dragon.

I kinda thought that Salamence would get a mega....not thrilled with its design though. We'll see if Aerilate and its new stats do anything for it.

Mega Loppuny was a surprise for me. But out of the 3 newest megas, I really don't care for it at all. Never liked Loppuny to begin with.

I really want some Gen V megas, but I get the feeling that Game Freak isn't gonna do that.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back