• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
  • I realise that for both mega audino and slowpoke, they stated "mega stone found in ORAS".
    Guess that means both pokemon cannot be found in Hoenn then...

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2015
    Please no , That thing need an actual permanent evolution

So very very true.

Andto pad this post out, why the heck aren't people in love with mega-audino? I haven't seen a prettier design in a looong time and yet I see people reacting to it the same way they did with Trubbish and Garbodor .___. ???

Years
  • So very very true.

Andto pad this post out, why the heck aren't people in love with mega-audino? I haven't seen a prettier design in a looong time and yet I see people reacting to it the same way they did with Trubbish and Garbodor .___. ???

I disagree with this, I was looking on Tumblr and most Mega Audino reactions were actually things like "oh god it's so cute" and "I need this Mega", and the fanart I've seen proves it. I can tell it became one of my fave Megas within seconds of noticing it.

I realise that for both mega audino and slowpoke, they stated "mega stone found in ORAS".

I don't the latter part of your post would be true, I think what they mean is that the Mega Stone will probably be obtainable somewhere in the game. And besides we know the Hoenn Dex is getting likely expansions mostly due to the 4th Gen cross-gen evolutionary relatives, but they could surprise us and add some never-before seen in Hoenn Pokemon to the Dex.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Except Donphan is already part of Hoenn's regional dex. It appears that only Hoenn Pokémon and Pokémon who aren't in the regional dex are getting Mega Evolutions, which is why I suggested Dunsparce.

Thus far it does, but they could reveal a Gen II pokemon's Mega that's in the Hoenn dex later on.

@ Friend of Clefairy Kanto and Sinnoh have interesting representatives for this game as well. But since Audino is the only Gen V mega in this whole generation we've seen so far I would like to see more too.

Years
  • I doubt these are the last Megas. And I'm pretty sure there will be hidden Megas, plus we still got a few more CoroCoros to go

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2015
    I disagree with this, I was looking on Tumblr and most Mega Audino reactions were actually things like "oh god it's so cute" and "I need this Mega", and the fanart I've seen proves it. I can tell it became one of my fave Megas within seconds of noticing it.

Oh good, I'm glad! I am seriously confused with why anyone wouldn't think so.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I can't believe I forgot Mega Xatu, that would be another great one.

omg I only glanced at that and I thought it said "I can't believe we got Mega Xatu" and I was like w o t but then I read it again. ):

Poke monoplayer said:
    I really hope to see a mega legend in this game!!!

Mega Diancie, Primal Kyogre, and Primal Groudon say yo

--

Does this topic cover Primal Reversion too? Because if so, do y'all think the stat distribution will be higher since it seems more powerful than mega evolving? Maybe +150 or even +200, including HP.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I realise that for both mega audino and slowpoke, they stated "mega stone found in ORAS".

I don't see why we won't be able to encounter them, though? While it won't make much sense to be running into these Pokémon in Hoenn itself, there could still be outside locations post-game, such as Battle Frontier; if we find Audino and Slowpoke there, then it would indeed make sense.

As for their mega-evolutions, I think they're good! Mega-Slowbro does look a little weird, I suppose, but stats-wise, it's still getting some boost, so that's all that counts, I feel. Mega-Audino—this Pokémon is simply adorable. Only thing that I dislike, though, is the fur-ball at its front; if it weren't for that, it would have looked a lot better to me, for sure.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Yeah, no I do know what you mean. I still don't feel like mega-evolutions are the answer to this though. I'd prefer their stats simply be changed, with no attempt at explaining it away.

The reason they're under powered is just because they're older, right? I feel like they'd just be correcting the mistake they made of not keeping all these pokemons stats making sense relative to each other.

More than anything it's the idea of legendaries that's being damaged imo, and more than anything~ else in the game would I like to keep that intact as the stores have always revolved so heavily around them.
    For me, it really diminishes the ideas I held of the legendaries I've caught in games before mega-evolution was introduced and I simply just don't see them as awe inspiring or special as I once did due to the once accurate story of these pokemon kind of being the most powerful form of what they represent not being so anymore.

(that last sentence might not read very well, sorry, I was having trouble there)
    I honestly think it'd be a good idea to reclassify legendary pokemon with a 600 BST to something different, like mystic or something of the like. Maybe even some like the bird and beast. After all, the bird trio are all considered to be inferior to Lugia, so not all legendaries are equal, even just in stories.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't see why we won't be able to encounter them, though? While it won't make much sense to be running into these Pokémon in Hoenn itself, there could still be outside locations post-game, such as Battle Frontier; if we find Audino and Slowpoke there, then it would indeed make sense.

As for their mega-evolutions, I think they're good! Mega-Slowbro does look a little weird, I suppose, but stats-wise, it's still getting some boost, so that's all that counts, I feel. Mega-Audino—this Pokémon is simply adorable. Only thing that I dislike, though, is the fur-ball at its front; if it weren't for that, it would have looked a lot better to me, for sure.

I have to agree, I am almost 100% sure we will get non hoenn dex pokemon in the game in post game. New areas to the Safari Zone, New islands, Battle Frontier, new caves. I don't see us not getting any newer pokemon at all.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I had a thought about mega audino, as well. It is, of course, not a fantastic pokemon stat-wise to begin with, so its mega likely won't be... usable. However, if may have been created simply to be a good pokemon for contests. I don't quite remember the mechanics behind contests anymore, as its been quite a while since I've played Gen 3, but it seems like a cute pokemon like audino mega evolving into a more elegant form may have not been a coincidence.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I realise that for both mega audino and slowpoke, they stated "mega stone found in ORAS".

That's probably just so people who are playing XY don't think they can get it whilst playing the games at that moment, it's very unlikely that someone would be that dumb but it can happen.

I have no doubt that we'll be seeing a lot more "new" Pokemon in ORAS.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I had a thought about mega audino, as well. It is, of course, not a fantastic pokemon stat-wise to begin with, so its mega likely won't be... usable. However, if may have been created simply to be a good pokemon for contests. I don't quite remember the mechanics behind contests anymore, as its been quite a while since I've played Gen 3, but it seems like a cute pokemon like audino mega evolving into a more elegant form may have not been a coincidence.
    Maybe, because outside of that I can't see it being a good component to many teams outside of Doubles, and even then it's very offensive based and Mega Audino is quite the opposite.

Years
  • If Rayquaza and Regis were to get Primals (I am hoping they do), then that'll leave Jiranchi and Deoxys as the only Hoenn legends without a Primal or Mega. I would like all of the Hoenn legends to get something.

Maybe Mega Jiranchi will be faster, and have higher defenses. Mega Deoxys can have balance stats if they don't allow each forme to Mega evolve and keep the forme's specialty and appearance for the most part.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Maybe Mega Jiranchi will be faster, and have higher defenses. Mega Deoxys can have balance stats if they don't allow each forme to Mega evolve and keep the forme's specialty and appearance for the most part.
    Jirachi* :]

I don't see the logic behind giving Jirachi and Deoxys Megas/Primal formes, especially not the latter because that would technically mean five new Deoxys formes... that would just be a mess.

Years
  • Jirachi* :]

I don't see the logic behind giving Jirachi and Deoxys Megas/Primal formes, especially not the latter because that would technically mean five new Deoxys formes... that would just be a mess.
    I was actually thinking of it's Mega stone being able to Mega evolve all of it's formes. So you'll have Mega Speed forme Deoxys, Mega Attack forme Deoxys, Mega Defense forme Deoxys, and Mega Normal forme Deoxys.
    Even with all those formes, it would be eight, which is equal to the number of eeveelutions...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • It's still a lot of unnecessary forms, because the Deoxys Clan is already top-tier as it is, they most definitely don't need a boost. I know, Kyogre and Groudon didn't need one either but they're box legendaries so I guess they're an exception. I still think it wouldn't be a smart idea to give Megas to Pokemon who don't really need it just for the sake of it. Gamefreak should really just stick to Pokemon who actually need the boost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back