• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I know that Megas are usually only given to the final stage as far as evolution lines are concerned. So yeah...

I think Strong Jaw is sort of a wasted ability on Mega Sharpedo since I apparently noticed it only learns three biting moves in general - Bite, Crunch and Ice Fang. Tyrunt/Tyrantrum (the only other thing with this ability) learns the same three moves, as well as Thunder Fang and Fire Fang. Although competitive-wise Sharpedo can hold off Mega Evolution to get its Speed Boost to activate.

Mega Camerupt on the other hand will be menacing. Having balanced offenses means it can run physical sets, special sets or go mixed. A lot of Fire-type moves have a chance of causing burn and therefore those moves get a power boost from Sheer Force albeit losing the burn chance. It may be slower but at least those boosts to its other stats is acceptable.

Mega Gallade is pretty likely to remain Psychic/Fighting, but I like your suggestion on either Adaptability or Defiant as the possible ability. Adaptability will make its Psychic and Fighting moves pretty well feared, and I think it's stat boost could likely end up being similar to Mega Gardevoir's, giving it an acceptable Speed boost.

It isn't necessary a waste when you take Sharpedo's stab into account (btw was I the only one who predicted/suggested it getting Strong Jaw?) 80 x 1.5 x 1.5= 180 That kind of power will wreck if Sharpedo has a good enough attack and speed boost.

Years
  • It isn't necessary a waste when you take Sharpedo's stab into account (btw was I the only one who predicted/suggested it getting Strong Jaw?) 80 x 1.5 x 1.5= 180 That kind of power will wreck if Sharpedo has a good enough attack and speed boost.

Yeah, Water/Dark STAB tend to hit hard plus it can hold off going Mega so it can get Speed Boost to trigger and then go Mega and wreak havoc on the foes.

Years
  • Excuse my lack of knowledge about the Metagame, but what is a TR team? (Team rocket?)

Ah, maybe I shouldn't have done the Abbreviation(If that's what its called) I meant trick room.
    Trick room isn't extremely viable, but it can work, so this is another weapon for trick room teams

Anyways, am I the only one who thinks that we might get more Megas?
    I'm hoping they won't be revealed, as I'm planning on buying ORAS the day or week its released.
    Also, Sharpedo gets a attack boosting move doesnt it? It /Might/ reach OU.
    I have a feeling Mega Gallade is getting Adaptability, yay, Another wall breaker(Sarcasm) We already have some good ones. Please GF give it base 105 speed or something so it can sweep.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Looks like we got the megas everyone was expecting. Mega Gallade seems cool (though I wonder what it's ability will be). Don't care much for Mega Camerupt or Mega Sharpedo, but whatever. It is nice that all the major opponents of the storyline (Wally, Steven, Archie, and Maxie) have megas now.

I just wonder what/if there'll be any more megas to be revealed. And I kinda hope that some other information gets revealed as well. Megas are nice and all, but I wanna see other things too. CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION PLS.

you forgot May/Brandan... I am betting in final battle they will have Mega Evolution of their starter.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    you forgot May/Brandan... I am betting in final battle they will have Mega Evolution of their starter.
    I hope so. It was a bit disappointing how they never fully evolved their starter in R/S/E.

Years
  • you forgot May/Brandan... I am betting in final battle they will have Mega Evolution of their starter.

I hope so. It was a bit disappointing how they never fully evolved their starter in R/S/E.

Agreed. It was so weird to see them stop their journey after Lilycove City and just retreat to Birch's Lab and focus on just being his assistant. It was a wasted opportunity to see their starter in its final stage.

I hope OR/AS remedy this and give them a chance to Mega Evolve their starter.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Perhaps Mega Gallade will get Speed Boost, or perhaps Technician. Also the "wings/cape" may be the tails on a tailcoat.

wings are there to make another parallel to Mega Gadevior.

and is it me or dose Mega Gallade remind me a lot of Sayaka Miki's megical girl outfit.

what if it changes its typing into fairy/fighting and gets Pixiliate ability... Not a bad one considering it can make use of its fairy typing via return.

Years
  • Hmm, I figure IF more mega evolutions are to leak this month, they are likely central to the game characters. If not this month, I would guess sometime in the coming months they will do an E4 mega special? Not sure, but I would also love gym leaders to be rebattle-able post-league with mega evolutions of their signatures, but there is a good chance that won't happen.

So, these are the notable trainers that I see having megas not yet revealed:

Aarune (Flygon)
    Wallace (Milotic)
    Sidney (Shiftry)
    Phoebe (Dusknoir)
    Glacia (Walrein)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm very fond of Mega-Sharpedo that they've recently introduced. I was kind of doubtful that they'd be able to make much things off its design, but I was wrong; its appearance looks great! Maybe a little complex, I suppose, but still great.

Mega-Camerupt isn't so bad, either; it's nice to see that its volcano is more... developed, so to speak, haha. One thing that really intrigues, though, would have to be the Team Magma-like logo on its head. Camerupt is their signature Pokémon, I understand, but I wonder if there's any other reason behind that?

Years
  • Hmm, I figure IF more mega evolutions are to leak this month, they are likely central to the game characters. If not this month, I would guess sometime in the coming months they will do an E4 mega special? Not sure, but I would also love gym leaders to be rebattle-able post-league with mega evolutions of their signatures, but there is a good chance that won't happen.

So, these are the notable trainers that I see having megas not yet revealed:

Aarune (Flygon)
    Wallace (Milotic)
    Sidney (Shiftry)
    Phoebe (Dusknoir)
    Glacia (Walrein)

We have already seen Sidneys Shiftery, it's not Mega. I'm pretty sure there is an image of Brendan or Mays Pokemon using an attack aagainst it, or something.

Milotic and Flygon are really speculated, so they'd likely be revealed this month too lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2015
    I'm very fond of Mega-Sharpedo that they've recently introduced. I was kind of doubtful that they'd be able to make much things off its design, but I was wrong; its appearance looks great! Maybe a little complex, I suppose, but still great.

Mega-Camerupt isn't so bad, either; it's nice to see that its volcano is more... developed, so to speak, haha. One thing that really intrigues, though, would have to be the Team Magma-like logo on its head. Camerupt is their signature Pokémon, I understand, but I wonder if there's any other reason behind that?

Majin Camerupt has arrived lol

Years
  • We have already seen Sidneys Shiftery, it's not Mega. I'm pretty sure there is an image of Brendan or Mays Pokemon using an attack aagainst it, or something.

Milotic and Flygon are really speculated, so they'd likely be revealed this month too lol.

Um. Nothing of the sort has been confirmed or even suggested by any of the footage or magazine information.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Mega Gallade Psychic/Fighting with Inner Focus ability.
    Spoiler:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • When did mega slowiking get teased??

IIRC, there was an interview at Gamescom when mega Slowbro got revealed and a question about slowking was asked.

Anyway, Rayquaza has some sort of secret to mega evolution? Kinda hoping that it's another primal form since it is part of the weather trio.

I'm definitely buying the next issue of CoroCoro for the serial number. Just learned that Kinokuniya Singapore imports them, which is absolutely fantastic.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back