• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion

deidara9216

deidara9216
Years
  • I did all the steps and the G3HS part.
    Actually I don't know what to do next.
    For example I added in G3HS mega evolution for Typhlosion with "?????" as item like it says. What I am supposed to do next? Can someone help me?
    Thanks!

I do not quite understand your question. q but remember, you must create a mega ring or bracelet q this default in the second ylera of items ??? below the TM.
    for q mega evolution can react with the megas

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    so i need help with inserting mega evolution to a different offset so i ended up using 800000 so what i did is go to linker.lsc and i put a new offset and then i click save and then i do the make and insert.py and i get a test.gba but when i go to the new offset nothing is there can someone help me

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • so i need help with inserting mega evolution to a different offset so i ended up using 800000 so what i did is go to linker.lsc and i put a new offset and then i click save and then i do the make and insert.py and i get a test.gba but when i go to the new offset nothing is there can someone help me

You need to edit line 53 of insert.py as well:
    Code:
    where = 0x800000
    Change it to your new offset as well as linker.lsc and you should be fine.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    i dont see a insert.py in my folder i see a insert as a python file but when i click on it nothing happens except for quick text that shows up and disappears

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    hey, i've inserted mega evolution successfully but i have a question. is it possible to get the opponent to mega evolve? i can't figure it out

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    It is possible to have the AI mega evolve but i don't know how and I'm also wondering how it is done my hack can't be done without it

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • It is possible to have the AI mega evolve but i don't know how and I'm also wondering how it is done my hack can't be done without it

You must edit the var used in mega evo hack. There are two, player's and opponent's var
    4001 for player and 4002 for opponent, you have to change these var and set it via script. The value must be the key stone index ID.

Reactions: Zef

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    what exactly do u mean? okay so my default keystone ID is 0x34 for the mega bracelet and also how would the script be setup and also one more question do i have to change the 0x4002 to the keystone ID or not

Lance32497

Years
  • 
    what exactly do u mean? okay so my default keystone ID is 0x34 for the mega bracelet and also how would the script be setup and also one more question do i have to change the 0x4002 to the keystone ID or not

nope, change 4001 and 4002 to other unused and non-temporary vars like 4011 and 4012
    find config.h in scr folder then open it in notepad
    you will find these codes
    Code:
    #define KEYSTONE_PLAYER_VAR [B]0x4001[/B]
    #define KEYSTONE_OPPONENT_VAR [B]0x4002[/B]
    #define KEYSTONE_DEFAULT 0x161

make it
    Code:
    #define KEYSTONE_PLAYER_VAR [B]0x4011[/B]
    #define KEYSTONE_OPPONENT_VAR [B]0x4012[/B]
    #define KEYSTONE_DEFAULT 0x161

then save and assemble it on your rom
    Now you must have a trainer holding 0x34 Item and a Pokemon let's say Lucario, holding a Lucrionite, The mega evolution of that pokemon must have been set already.

In a script
    Code:
    setvar 0x4011 0x45 /That will be your player's key stone/
    setvar 0x4012 0x34 /activates 0x34 as opponent's key stone/
    trainerbattle 0x3 0xTrainerID 0x0 @afterbattle

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    the script wont compile for me

this is my script

#org 0x900000
    setvar 0x4011 0x34
    setvar 0x4012 0x35
    trainerbattle 0x3 0xTrainerID 0x0

so for the trainer ID for testing purposes i put 0x176 which is a team rocket grunt but it wont seem to compile and another question do i have to have multiple of these scripts inserted to have multiple opponents do mega evolution as well?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Does anyone know how to make it work with multiplayer battles? (link battles)

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    okay so i finally made it to a point in my hack where i have edited all trainers and im about to edit the last gym leader in fire red and i want him to mega evolve his mon so i did everything regarding changing the 4001 and 4002 to 4011 and 4012 but i have trouble compiling the script

this is my script

#org 0x900000
    setvar 0x4011 0x34
    setvar 0x4012 0x35

so for the trainer ID for testing purposes i put 0x176 which is a team rocket grunt but it wont seem to compile and another question do i have to have multiple of these scripts inserted to have multiple opponents do mega evolution as well?

Lance32497

Years
  • okay so i finally made it to a point in my hack where i have edited all trainers and im about to edit the last gym leader in fire red and i want him to mega evolve his mon so i did everything regarding changing the 4001 and 4002 to 4011 and 4012 but i have trouble compiling the script

this is my script

#org 0x900000
    setvar 0x4011 0x34
    setvar 0x4012 0x35

yeas it won't really compile, your script is lacking something
    #org 0x900000
    setvar 0x4011 0x34
    setvar 0x4012 0x35
    trainerbattle 0x3 0xTrainerID 0x0 0xPointertotext

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Oxpointertotext? Would that go in the 0x0 spot? And also pointer to what text? Wouldn't that just be the offset of where the mega evolution code be

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Okay it kinda worked but I have two problems

1. When I want to mega evolve swampert the text says instead of Swampert's Swampertite is reacting to Giovanni's mega ring" it says Tyranitar's Swampertite is reacting to Giovanni's mega ring" and Tyranitar is the first mon u battle and swampert is holding the Swampertite

2. The mega evolution animation happens but the Sprite Dosent change

If anyone can help me resolve these two problems that would be great

okay so the mega evolution script for the opponent work but it only perfectly worked when i mega evolved the first mon and not any of the 2-6 which is intresting because usually you mega evolve your mon near the end but it seemed to only worked automatically in the beginning of the match which is very intresting.

is there a way i can make it happen towards the end though and still have it work perfectly?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Okay, this is gonna sound like a total noob question, but I'm having trouble with the "insert.py" part of the insertion. I've followed everything up to the cmd prompt and "make" seems to work, but when I type "insert.py" it says "ImportError: No module named argparse". I've tried downloading various versions of python 3 (3.4, 3.5, 3.0) but the error still shows up. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Nvm, after I took a good second look at it, redownloaded python, sold my soul to satan, and contemplated my life, I somehow got it to work.

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    So can someone please teach me how to get primal and wish evolution working I only know how to do the standard mega evolution

Back