• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Evolutions in Alola

Which would you rather they add more of in Sun/Moon?

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • From Official wedsite --
    It does not mention Keystone , Instate it say that Pokemon will able to megevolve as long as Player has the proper Keystone .
    Dexio and Sina also talk about their theory that Z-ring might able to Megevolve Pokemon.
    Seriously , I wish The trailer actually showing Player megevoloving Pokemon .

It talks about the Key Stone in another piece of text.
    "There are two conditions that must be fulfilled for Mega Evolution to occur. First, Trainers must wear a special item called a Key Stone, while Pokémon must hold a specific Mega Stone for their particular species."
    I presume the Z-Ring will have a slot for Z-Crystals and then another slot for the Key Stone.

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    I wonder i Pokemon can Mega-Evolve AND use a Z-move, or if it will have to be one or the other (except Mega Rayquaza)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I wonder i Pokemon can Mega-Evolve AND use a Z-move, or if it will have to be one or the other (except Mega Rayquaza)

It will be one or the other. To use a Z-Move the Pokemon has to hold a Z-Crystal, just like if it wants to mega evolve then it requires a Mega Stone. Having both in one battle would be too much.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I think they still might use the Sun and Moon engine for the DP Remake... I'd rather have the NX pokemon game gen 8.

I don't think DP remakes are coming to the 3DS, considering that we didn't get ORAS on the original DS, which indicates that Game Freak would make one set of remakes per handheld (FRLG - GBA, HGSS - DS, ORAS - 3DS, DP remakes - new handheld system). By then, they won't be giving Dialga and Palkia Megas/Primals but whatever new forme gimmick Gen VIII introduces.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    A select number of Pokémon were able to Mega Evolve in Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y. As long as you're in possession of the proper Mega Stone, any of these Mega-Evolving Pokemon that can be caught in the Alola region will be able to Mega Evolve in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, as well.

I was still holding out hope that there might be at least a few new megas, but the way that's phrased sounds pretty damning.
    I'll keep dreaming until it's officially and unequivocally stated that there are no more new ones though, it'll just be a quieter dream.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i still would rather have the option to use something other then a bracelet for mega stones & z crystals like a sword.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I feel like we're not done with Mega Evolutions yet. I've said this before and I'll say it again, they shouldn't give up on them :( I would love to see how Alola Forms and Megas interact. Like what if we had an Alolan Kangaskhan? Would we have a Mega Alolan Kangaskhan as well? Man, wasted potential :(

i still would rather have the option to use something other then a bracelet for mega stones & z crystals like a sword.

What would you need a sword for in the Pokemon world?!

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I feel like we're not done with Mega Evolutions yet. I've said this before and I'll say it again, they shouldn't give up on them :( I would love to see how Alola Forms and Megas interact. Like what if we had an Alolan Kangaskhan? Would we have a Mega Alolan Kangaskhan as well? Man, wasted potential :(

What would you need a sword for in the Pokemon world?!
    the HM01 alternative and self defense
    Mega Evolutions in Alola

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • It just seems like a waste to me to not give more Pokemon Mega evolutions. They already gave most of the OP Pokemon Mega Evolutions, but there are plenty of underused and weak Pokemon that could use boosts (and since they seem to only be giving Alola forms to Kanto Pokemon, bleh). Many Pokemon need Megas like the god awful Johto and Unova starters (I mean stat and usability wise, not design wise), and no Kalos and only one Unova Pokemon got Megas, just why? There's so much potential, so why waste it? We need more Megas that revive weak and useless Pokemon, like Mega Beedrill and Mega Pinsir.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • It just seems like a waste to me to not give more Pokemon Mega evolutions. They already gave most of the OP Pokemon Mega Evolutions, but there are plenty of underused and weak Pokemon that could use boosts (and since they seem to only be giving Alola forms to Kanto Pokemon, bleh). Many Pokemon need Megas like the god awful Johto and Unova starters (I mean stat and usability wise, not design wise), and no Kalos and only one Unova Pokemon got Megas, just why? There's so much potential, so why waste it? We need more Megas that revive weak and useless Pokemon, like Mega Beedrill and Mega Pinsir.

I know it really makes me sad and annoyed, so many Pokemon deserve mega

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    It just seems like a waste to me to not give more Pokemon Mega evolutions. They already gave most of the OP Pokemon Mega Evolutions, but there are plenty of underused and weak Pokemon that could use boosts (and since they seem to only be giving Alola forms to Kanto Pokemon, bleh). Many Pokemon need Megas like the god awful Johto and Unova starters (I mean stat and usability wise, not design wise), and no Kalos and only one Unova Pokemon got Megas, just why? There's so much potential, so why waste it? We need more Megas that revive weak and useless Pokemon, like Mega Beedrill and Mega Pinsir.

You're very wise. More pokemon deserve ME and It totally revives them in a way. That's why I prefer it other Alola forms

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Since Alola forms are now a thing, I wouldnt be surprised if those are considered the mega evolutions of this generation. Obviously megas still exist, but Alola forms will probably be the reason behind no new mega forms. Kinda like one or the other.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Its kinda strange that the Mega Pokemon idea won't be carried forward. I can name lots of weak/under-used Pokemon here that could really do with a Mega boost.

Pika Pika :chu:

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i agree with the whole needing more megas for weaker mons, but at the same time theres still some alternate forms i'd like to see become Alola forms:
    Mega Evolutions in Alola

Mega Evolutions in Alola

Mega Evolutions in Alola

Mega Evolutions in Alola

Mega Evolutions in Alola

Mega Evolutions in Alola

Mega Evolutions in Alola

Mega Evolutions in Alola

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    Kalos Megas?

So now we know Mega Evolutions are coming back. Kalos is no longer the current generation, so do you think there will be any new Megas? What Kalos Megas would you like to see?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It seems that while Megas are returning (which was almost practically guaranteed), it seems very unlikely that we'll be getting any new Megas at all, let alone Gen 6 'mon specific ones.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I doubt it. Banning them from VGC wouldn't make much sense if they were introducing new ones.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    I don't think DP remakes are coming to the 3DS, considering that we didn't get ORAS on the original DS, which indicates that Game Freak would make one set of remakes per handheld (FRLG - GBA, HGSS - DS, ORAS - 3DS, DP remakes - new handheld system). By then, they won't be giving Dialga and Palkia Megas/Primals but whatever new forme gimmick Gen VIII introduces.

Well shoot. Not giving Dialga a primal form even though it existed in a spinoff game didn't help at all.

Years
  • So now we know Mega Evolutions are coming back. Kalos is no longer the current generation, so do you think there will be any new Megas? What Kalos Megas would you like to see?

Like Kojo and Nah said, we're probably not getting any new Mega Evolutions. The announcement of the 2017 VGC banning them as well is likely evidence behind this, since they're likely focusing on Z-Moves and the Alola Dex Pokemon.

Back