• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Meltan’s evolution “Melmetal” announced

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
I hate when they do bs retcon stuff like this. Doing a mythical evolution after 7 generations of none existing isn't creative, it's just stupid.

Just like when they did cosmog being the first legend to evolve. It just makes the design team look like idiots for following a rule for 20 years when they could have just not done it and been making them the whole time.

At the very least, on the positive side I like the lore behind the evolution, and hope that fusing a bunch of them together actually manifests itself gameplay wise.(as opposed to zygarde which was just an ability that showed an animation depicting it)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
At the very least, on the positive side I like the lore behind the evolution, and hope that fusing a bunch of them together actually manifests itself gameplay wise.(as opposed to zygarde which was just an ability that showed an animation depicting it)
As noted in the article, you just need 400 Candy to evolve, rather than physically merge them together. Mind you given it's GO only it makes sense they cut corner given the obvious issue of storage limits being experienced by players atm...

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
As noted in the article, you just need 400 Candy to evolve, rather than physically merge them together. Mind you given it's GO only it makes sense they cut corner given the obvious issue of storage limits being experienced by players atm...

The storage limit is kinda why I thought it would be a good idea though. If you could merge them prior to having 400 candy worth of them, that is.

Years
I didn't like Meltan's design, but I love Melmetal! I really hope they'll do more with the whole lore either in GO or Let's GO (or even in the Gen VIII games).

But that way to evolve it? I can see that Meltan will be rare and it will take a long time to get 400 candies. And I'm not even talking about how it will work in Gen VIII games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
A very badass evolution for a surprising break from Mythical norms.

This titan is the love child of Registeel and Donphan, with a hint of Regirock and even Regigigas.

My body is definitely, absolutely ready to get riggity, riggity rekt! (Just joking!)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm alright with its design, rather neat. Not my most favourite but better than a bunch of others! And it's based on an interesting concept too imo.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Now I'm wondering how this Pokemon will evolve in the generation 8 games...

Anyway, Melmetal has won me over.

It will probably just be a level or special condition. I don't see it being something unique. They always make things easier to get later on. I mean it takes 400 candies to evolve Swablu, Wailmer, and Magikarp. And there is probably one in 4th Gen as well. But there is nothing special to them at all.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Thought it looked odd in the trailer, but the official artwork makes it seems a little bit better. But given that it's a mythical, I doubt I'll ever give this new pokemon much use.

Being a pure-steel is kinda disappointing, too. Still, I'm curious to see what it's base stat spread will be,

Last edited:
Back