• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mental motivation.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Think of something that you did, but before you did it, you were really nervous and needed to psych yourself up before you could build up the courage or motivation to actually go through with it. What are some of the things you used to motivate yourself? A good example of a situation like this would be maybe asking someone you fancy out, or prepping for a presentation infront of a large group of people.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    That's the thing, I try not to think about things when a situation comes up, because then I'll get nervous. I just say to myself "Do it and get it over with so you don't have to think about it."

Years
    • Age 42
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    That's the thing, I try not to think about things when a situation comes up, because then I'll get nervous. I just say to myself "Do it and get it over with so you don't have to think about it."

That's exactly what I do. I'm an absolute master at overthinking and getting myself completely terrified over something, so if I have to do something that scares me, I try to just do it and not think about all the "what ifs."

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years

ah i'm the same way. If i think about something i gotta do, i get super nervous and get sick. stupid anxiety :3

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Usually if I'm prepping myself for an interview or a big event that will cause a lot of anxiety, I will turn to my iPod to pump myself up. Especially when I listen to this song below, it helps me get a lot of the jitters out of me. When I was in high school, our soccer team would listen to this song all the time before each playoff game and I think it was one of the reasons why we made it to the state championship because we the song helped us lose all of our pre-game anxiety. Even though I'm not playing soccer anymore, the song still has the same effects when needed.

The lyrics are explicit, so if you have problems with hearing curse words I wouldn't listen to it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Usually leading up to whatever I'm going to do I tell a few people what I'm nervous about and they make me feel better somewhat because usually someone I know has the same experience or some story. The day of whatever it is I usually don't talk to anyone about it. If it's something that really has me full of anxiety then I really can't just not think about it. I have to think about it and think of every scenario and how I would tackle it. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed that I might hit the bowl a few times just to relax a little before I go do whatever.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I asked out a girl who was too good for me. I didn't really have any mental motivation. I usually just do things and don't worry about consequences. Consequences are silly. Just do things and you'll be happier.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    And me. I just force myself to do it anyway and don't think. I know once it's over, it wasn't as bad as I expected. It was just my brain making things seem worse than they were really going to be. I tell myself it's all just stupid brain illusions and jump in head-first. Considering that I am anxious about doing nearly ANYTHING outside of my comfort zone (and that is most things as I don't get out much), I have much practice in this art. Sadly, I have not mastered it yet.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Alcohol, sometimes - just a little bit loosens me up and lets my social side shine through. If that's not an option, I try to focus on the good small things that will make me happy while I'm doing what I'm doing. For example, the last thing I had to motivate myself for like this was the Hackathon at my school; I had convinced a friend to go with me but she ditched at the last minute, so I was going alone and I was terrified. I convinced myself to go because I knew they were going to feed us. It's a stupid reason to go to something so big, but it was the little thing that I could focus on to convince myself to go.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    "Hey"
    "psst"
    "you don't have anything to lose anyway so why don't you just do it"

Worked on almost everything so far, yet obviously only on almost everything. :/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    lmao this is gonna sound soooo cheesy but once on Grey's Anatomy, they had a plane crash and Meredith (the main character)'s sister died and she had to do all these high-pressure things and she was cracking under the pressure of it all, and then whenever she had a meltdown and excuse her friend Cristina would just say "Do it anyway"

So she had to go saving other people's lives while having this meltdown and she was like

"My sister's dead!"
    "Do it anyway."
    "My husband is missing!"
    "Do it anyway."

And ever since when I feel something is too hard or I have to psych myself up for it those three words are all that come into my head. Even stupid stuff, I'll just think "eurgh I don't wanna get up and go to work.... do it anyway"

It works so far!

Back