• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

>Bent<

awhups
Years
  • What do you mean "can't get them all out again"? Do you mean you can't revive them into pokemon?

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    No. Fossils are key items, meaning that they don't have a "x1" next to it. This means if you somehow get more than one, depositing the item in the PC will mean you have a slot in the PC holding a fossil and one in your bag holding a fossil. If you keep depositing items, your PC will fill up completely with fossils, and you'll basically have to revive 128 fossils to keep from totally filling up all item space you could possibly have.

LilDisco69

Mastiso Rooster
    Years
  • No. Fossils are key items, meaning that they don't have a "x1" next to it. This means if you somehow get more than one, depositing the item in the PC will mean you have a slot in the PC holding a fossil and one in your bag holding a fossil. If you keep depositing items, your PC will fill up completely with fossils, and you'll basically have to revive 128 fossils to keep from totally filling up all item space you could possibly have.

Yes, this is what screwed up my game except it was with a hm :(

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • Yes, this is what screwed up my game except it was with a hm :(

lol... I was one of the unlucky... My sixth item (i think it was sixth) was a freeking Town Map... Now... I've learnt that the best way to avoid this glitch, is, not to do it XD

This happened to my cousin as well. 'Cept his sixth item was his Bicycle. Kind of amusing though.

Me too, it was my Super Rod that was duplicated...I had a hard time depositing them, it took me hours to deposit them all...

That's why I always check to make sure I have a good item in the sixth slot (I don't want to mess up my brother's old game!)

~!~Miss Cow~!~

Years
  • Well, some people say that Missingno Deletes their safegame..
    But that is wrong.
    I have an German Version of Pokemon Blue and Yellow (Original Cartridge), and they always worked! ^^
    On my Blue I have some Missingno.s and a Lvl. 100 Mew, the only Problem is that I no more have the Fly HM + No Pokemon which knows it.. So I can't glitch 'till I restart my game or continue playing Pokemon Yellow. ;)

Btw, on my Blue I have accidently have 128+ Bicycles and some HMs.. And I can't get rid of 'em. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2007
    This was such a cool glitch. Creepy, yet cool. It screwed up my Elite 4 records in Blue, but I also got those Rhydons and Kangaskans with flying attacks and thousands of items. I could never find the Mew everyone seemed to get using this though.

It's pretty interesting to finally know why the glitch works :)

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • The way to get the mew is to change your names to a bunch of scrambled letters. I don't know the order of which the letters stand, though.

DrDeath

Don't diss Magikarp
    Years
  • Missingno destroyed my Hall of Fame. I blamed it on my negihbour. I said she had traded me a Dugtrio with Virus. I spent hours crying.

Now I know how wrong I was.

What happens if you try to trade Missingno to G/S/C?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was also unlucky enough to duplicate my bikes too. Duplicating key items is such a pain.

This was such a cool glitch. Creepy, yet cool. It screwed up my Elite 4 records in Blue, but I also got those Rhydons and Kangaskans with flying attacks and thousands of items. I could never find the Mew everyone seemed to get using this though.
    You can't get Mew by using the Missingno trick. You can only get Mew by using a GS/AR, going to a Nintendo event, or using the Mew glitch.
    The way to get the mew is to change your names to a bunch of scrambled letters. I don't know the order of which the letters stand, though
    You can't get Mew that way. If you have X,Y, or Z in your name, Missingno changes though.
    I Think there is no way to get a mew that way, but you can get all the starters by doing that way...
    You can't really get the starters by changing your name, but you might get the starters by using the Mew trick. Just replace the Youngster with a different trainer.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • missingno is awesome. I loved doign the trik and evry thing. Once I caught it I trid trading it to gold and it appeared as belosum, but the game froze. Yeah but anyway I found out on the internet as a catch pokes over lvl100, were I caught A lvl 132 Mewtwo then I caught a wild raichu then missingono.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back