• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

mmm mmm mmm that sucked

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • Someone close to you (girl/boyfriend, parents, grandmother, best friend, etc.) has cooked something for you; they've spent hours and hours on preparation and actual cook time as a special or celebratory dinner. However, it ends up being absolutely repulsive. How do you react? Finish the meal? Be honest?

Sirfetch’d

This has actually happened to me multiple times, haha. My mom actually cooked a homemade pizza just the other day that was well undercooked and tasted awful. I managed to eat it all though because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I guess it really just depends on how bad the food actually is if I am going to be honest and say "hey this is awful".

Years
  • It depends on who cooked it, to be honest. If it's my mom, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to say it ****ing sucks (not that it happens often). If it's my girlfriend, well... unless I want to break up with her I'll probably lie about it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll eat it because I'm probably hungry, unless it's something I can't stomach (too salty, a texture that bothers me, too bitter/spicy). If it were my boyfriend, I'd just tell him that next time he wants to cook, he should let me help him because it wasn't all the best. We're both good cooks though, so I don't see this happening haha.

If it were a family member, I would just tell them if I didn't like it. My mom is a really good cook though, but we're still usually honest when we don't like something. It's not a big deal, honestly. If we don't want to outright say we don't like it, we just pitch suggestions for next time it's made.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I won't be able to eat it, let alone put it in my mouth. I might sound like a snob, but my god has the last year or so been a real wake up call to my palette. I mean okay, I'm not a long time cook or some executive chef, but after a year or so of learning how to distinguish certain flavors, and how to get a good balance of salt and various spices for foods, there is no going back to "oh its kinda good, so I guess I'll eat it." I have this urge for the food to be balanced, well cooked, and for whatever garnish/sauce to be prepared properly.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I won't eat it. I only eat things I actually like. If I don't like it, in my mind, I actually say "I don't like this. This is gross." and that forces me to gag it out.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm a real pussy when it comes to hurting people's feelings when they've done something for me, so I'd just eat it, or depending what it is sneakily hide it in my pocket until I can get away lol.

My friend's mother made me a ham and tomato sandwich once. I hate uncooked tomato and she put the butter on probably an inch thick and I was just like "...I'm gonna go to the bathroom brb" and stashed it in my pocket lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If it's someone I know extremely well—such as either my mom, dad, sister, or one of my cousins or friends—I would be honest and tell them how it actually states. I'd still sugarcoat it a bit, though, just so I don't end up hurting their feelings. xD If it's someone else, then I wouldn't say anything at all.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Well if it's someone very close to me, I'd tell them the food wasn't exactly that great and why. But I'd still eat everything or a bit as pure politeness. I'd never say that it tasted awful and that I don't want to touch it because I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • I'll 1- wait till they go

2-brings a bag

3-puts food on it
    4-throws it away from balcony or window

5-leaves some remains in plate and acts like i finished my plate and it was so yummy!!

6-goes to were i throw it and burns it to make sure animals won't suffer too

if they bring me more because of that then i'm screwed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2013
    Have had this happen many times. I just control my gag reflects and eat enough of it to look like I could be full.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I'd probably tell them that it's terrible, but really, there's very little that I find repulsive. I am pretty much a scavenger that will eat anything, so usually the only reason why I'm turned off of food is if it went off.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I'd probably eat it all and lie...it's not in my nature to say something that could hurt someone on purpose like that.
    Though, if it was really bad, I'd say I already ate just a few hours ago, and that I digest slowly. Slow metabolism and all that <3

Years
  • I'd probably be honest. I don't like upsetting people or anything but tastes, smells and textures I don't like can easily go as far as to make me physically ill. Even if I like the taste of a food if the other two are problems I won't eat it.

If it is bad but tolerable I'll eat it, but when it comes to food I'm very picky so chances are if I don't like it you'll know. I'll be as polite as I can when telling you that your food is a heap of **** though. xD

Years
  • Oh gosh I don't.. even know haha. This is actually going to take a bit of thinking. xD;;;

I'd probably be open and tell them it tastes strange but wouldn't go and say it's "awful" or anything as they've clearly spent a long time making it. I'm an "it's the thought that counts" type of person so if they spent hours doing their best then that surely is good enough.

..except we're going to have to order out now. :( Oh well!

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2013
    I think that telling people their food is awful is just rude, even if it is true.

IMO.

Years
  • I will eat it regardless. :) It would be very rude to not. If I thought it might make me sick, I may say I'm a vegetarian or something if it had meat in it, or say I'm feeling very sick and maybe ask if I could take it home with me and finish it there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Unless it's so repulsive that I can't get it down, I will eat it. Most of the time I'm so hungry that I'll eat anything that's edible!

Back