• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Mono-Color Challenge

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Hey guys, I am finally able to continue my monocolor challenges (and eventually monotypes as well)! So you'll be seeing a lot more posts from me, yay! :boogie: Starting with Blue on X.

Update on Ultimate Blue Monocolor Challenge:

Update #1 on X.

Name: Skye
Starter: Froakie
  • Started with Stealth the Froakie, and we battled our way to Santalune City.
  • Took on the gym, and beat Viola pretty easily with Stealth's Water Pulse.
  • After the battle, Stealth evolved into Frogadier!
  • Got through Route 4, Lumiose City, Route 5, and Camphrier Town as quick as possible to get to Route 6.
  • On Route 6 I caught my second team member, Psycat the male Espurr! (thanks to Gen VII for the color re-class)
  • Trained Psycat up on any trainers I skipped earlier, then moved on with the Parfum Place plot and waking Snorlax.
  • Defeated Trevor and Tierno on Route 7 alongside Calem, then moved on through Connecting Cave to Route 8.
  • It took me a long time to find Bagon, and of course I killed one accidentally with a crit, but I finally nabbed Menace the Bagon!
  • Went through Route 8 to Ambrette Town and then rode a Rhyhorn to Glittering Cave.
  • Defeated Team Flare and found the Scientist, who gave me the Sail Fossil.
  • Revived the Sail Fossil into Borealis the Amaura!
  • Made my way to Cyllage City, where I got the Bike, then took on the gym.
  • Grant was a bit frustrating, but eventually Stealth was able to come in and blow away both his Pokemon with Water Pulse.
  • Saved on Route 10.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Skye:
bagon.gif

Menace the Naughty Bagon, ♀ - L22 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Headbutt, Rock Smash, Bite, Leer
amaura.gif

Borealis the Serious Amaura, ♂ - L22 @ Quick Claw
Ability: Refrigerate
Moves: Icy Wind, Take Down, Nature Power, Aurora Beam
espurr.gif

Psycat the Bashful Espurr, ♂ - L24
Ability: Infiltrator
Moves: Fake Out, Disarming Voice, Covet, Psybeam
frogadier.gif

Stealth the Brave Frogadier, ♂ - L26
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Water Pulse, Round, Quick Attack, Thief

HM Slaves:
bunnelby.gif

Bunnelby - Cut, Strength
abra.gif

Abra - Teleport

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Time to start off the New Year with another update!

Update #2 on X.
  • Went through Route 10 and found Team Flare again, and Psycat evolved into Meowstic!
  • Got through Route 11 to Reflection Cave, and on to Shalour City, and Menace evolved into Shelgon!
  • Went to the Tower of Mastery to learn about Mega Evolution, and defeated Calem.
  • Challenged the gym. Korrina wasn't too difficult with Psycat winning in the end.
  • Back in the Tower of Mastery, I got the Mega Ring and Lucario, who (sadly) went to the PC.
  • Got Surf from Calem, then made my way to Courmarine City, where I picked up the Good Rod.
  • Used the Good Rod back on Route 8 to fish up Blaster the Clauncher.
  • Then I surfed to the Azure Bay grass, where I caught Inver the Inkay to round out my team.
  • Trained them up on the trainers between Shalour and Courmarine, and Inver evolved into Malamar!
  • Then I took on the Courmarine gym, defeated Ramos mostly thanks to Inver's Trick Room + Aerial Ace and Borealis's Ice moves.
  • Saved on Route 13.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Skye:
clauncher.gif

Blaster the Mild Clauncher, ♀ - L31 @ Lucky Egg
Ability: Mega Launcher
Moves: Surf, Flail, Crabhammer, Venoshock
malamar.gif

Inver the Naughty Malamar, ♂ - L32 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Contrary
Moves: Aerial Ace, Psybeam, Trick Room, Payback
meowstic.gif

Psycat the Bashful Meowstic, ♂ - L32 @ Leftovers
Moves: Fake Out, Disarming Voice, Psyshock, Covet
amaura.gif

Borealis the Serious Amaura, ♂ - L33 @ Eviolite
Moves: Icy Wind, Return, Thunder Wave, Ancient Power
shelgon.gif

Menace the Naughty Shelgon, ♀ - L32 @ Sky Plate
Moves: Aerial Ace, Dragon Breath, Bite, Cut
frogadier.gif

Stealth the Brave Frogadier, ♂ - L34 @ Splash Plate
Moves: Surf, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Strength

HM Slaves:
aerodactyl.gif

Aerodactyl - Fly

Last edited:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Nice to see you back, jd!

I currently have some time off, so I got started on a Yellow run on Pokémon Y.

♦ I started up the game and obtained my starter, Chespin, with whom I quickly made my way towards Santalune City through the forest.
♦ On Route 3, I caught a Burmy that I named Meruem, and a Dunsparce that I named Shalnark.
♦ Before taking on the gym, I leveled these two up a bit (Meruem only knew Protect until Lv 10, so that was a bit tedious). I challenged Viola and beat her easily thanks to Shalnark's Defense Curl + Rollout combo.
♦ Continued on to Lumiose City, where I made a quick stop at Sycamore's lab as well as Lysandre Café, and then I headed towards Camphrier Town.
♦ Once there, I retrieved the Poké Flute from Parfum Palace to wake the sleeping Snorlax blocking the path on Route 7.
♦ With that out of the way, I could make my way to Ambrette Town. In Connecting Cave, I caught Zeno the Axew.
♦ Before moving on to Cyllage City, I went to Glittering Cave to beat up some Flare grunts. While in there, I encountered a Lunatone that I caught and named Lippo.
♦ I decided to train up my two new team members before moving on towards Cyllage City.
♦ Once I was done with that, it was gym time. Grant was no pushover – I believe I tried three times before defeating him, thanks to Shalnark's Yawn, Defense Curl and Ancient Power (from which I got three stat boosts thanks to Serene Grace).
♦ With the second badge in my hand at last, I travelled to Geosenge Town.
♦ The battle against Korrina and her two Lucario proved quite easy, but all thanks to Zeno's Dragon Rage.
♦ Before entering Reflection Cave, I spent quite some time looking for a Dedenne. I eventually found one and named it Pyon.
♦ After having gone through Reflection Cave, I decided to save in Shalour City.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

mothim.gif

Meruem the Mothim, Lv 26 ♂
Serious / Swarm
Moves: Bug Bite, Hidden Power [Ice], Gust, Venoshock

dunsparce.gif

Shalnark the Dunsparce, Lv 27 ♂
Lax / Serene Grace
Moves: Return, Yawn, Roost, Ancient Power

axew.gif

Zeno the Axew, Lv 27 ♂
Mild / Rivalry
Moves: Dragon Rage, Slash, Rock Tomb, Dual Chop

lunatone.gif

Lippo the Lunatone, Lv 27
Docile / Levitate
Moves: Confusion, Hypnosis, Rock Slide, Psywave

dedenne.gif

Pyon the Dedenne, Lv 27 ♀
Lax / Cheek Pouch
Moves: Volt Switch, Charm, Parabolic Charge, Nuzzle

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

Update #3 on X.
  • Saved the Power Plant from Team Flare, then headed south back to Lumiose City.
  • Clement turned the power back on to the gym, and I headed inside.
  • On my way up the levels, Stealth evolved into Greninja!
  • Clemont wasn't too difficult to defeat.
  • Moved on to Route 14, were I defeated Calem again, then continued to Laverre City.
  • Along the way, Blaster evolved into Clawitzer!
  • Took on the gym, and just before the Leader, Borealis evolved into Aurorus!
  • Valerie was pretty easy to take down and I got my 6th badge.
  • Defeated Team Flare in the Poke Ball Factory, then continued on through Route 15 to Dendemile Town.
  • After a quick visit to the Move Reminder, I headed to Frost Cavern to save the Abomasnow from Team Flare.
  • After that I explored Route 16, then headed through Route 17 to Anistar City.
  • After defeating Calem again, I took on the gym. Olympia was pretty easy with all the Dark types on my team.
  • Lysandre then annouced his evil plans, so I went to his cafe to stop him.
  • After the ultimate weapon was activated, I followed Team Flare over to Geosenge Town.
  • After disposing of the Flare admins and catching Xerneas, I took on Lysandre for the final time. It took most of my team to win.
  • I am now saved back in Anistar City.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Skye:
greninja.gif

Stealth the Brave Greninja, ♂ - L49 @ Lucky Egg
Moves: Surf, Night Slash, Water Shuriken, Extrasensory
malamar.gif

Inver the Naughty Malamar, ♂ - L49 @ Dread Plate
Moves: Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Superpower, Payback
clawitzer.gif

Blaster the Mild Clawitzer, ♀ - L49 @ Splash Plate
Moves: Surf, Aura Sphere, Crabhammer, Venoshock
shelgon.gif

Menace the Naughty Shelgon, ♀ - L49 @ Eviolite
Moves: Dragon Breath, Strength, Zen Headbutt, Rock Smash
aurorus.gif

Borealis the Serious Aurorus, ♂ - L49 @ Icicle Plate
Moves: Icy Wind, Return, Thunder Wave, Ancient Power
meowstic.gif

Psycat the Bashful Meowstic, ♂ - L48 @ Amulet Coin
Moves: Psychic, Disarming Voice, Thundershock, Cut

HM Slaves:
aerodactyl.gif

Aerodactyl - Fly

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Second update for my Yellow challenge on Y!

♦ I made my way up north to the Tower of Mastery, defeating Serena after some chit-chat about Mega Evolution.
♦ Back in Shalour, I faced off against Korrina. Pyon was very useful with Nuzzle and Charm, but the rest of the team also helped defeat her.
♦ With 3 badges, I made a quick detour to the Tower of Mastery for a mirror match against Korrina. I then continued to Coumarine City via Route 12, where I caught Gon the Exeggcute.
♦ Before taking on the gym, I was once again challenged by Serena, whom I defeated fairly easily.
♦ The Coumarine gym trainers were a cake walk thanks to Meruem. His super effective attacks made easy work of them, but Ramos was slightly more challenging, mainly due to Jumpluff's Speed and moveset with Acrobatics and Leech Seed. Once it was defeated, the rest of the match went much more smoothly, earning me my fourth gym badge.
♦ Afterwards, I went south to the Lumiose Badlands and took care of Team Flare in the Power Plant before moving on to Lumiose City.
♦ Once there, I went straight to the gym. At this point, I was starting to lag behind a bit level-wise (I had had the Exp Share turned off ever since the beginning), and it was definitely noticeable with the gym trainers. Nevertheless, I pushed forward and reached the top floor.
♦ Clemont was pretty tough. Magneton's Thunderbolt under Electric Terrain really packed a punch, and Shalnark was the only useful team member against it thanks to Dig. It eventually went down, but not without many healing items. Heliolisk was slightly easier to take down, and Emolga didn't really put up a fight at all. Fifth badge earned!
♦ After a quick stop at Lysandre Café, I continued towards Laverre City through Route 14, where I once again battled Serena and won.
♦ Having made it to Laverre, I decided to challenge the gym. I believe I turned on the Exp Share at this point just so I wouldn't fall flat on my face against ordinary trainers, lol.
♦ Despite being somewhat underlevelled, I didn't struggle against Valerie. I believe Shalnark and Lippo brought down Mr. Mime, and Pyon fought against Mawile (I wanted to lower its Attack with Charm but forgot about Hyper Cutter, but it still worked out). Prior to the fight, I had also taught Gon Toxic and combined this with Meruem's Venoshock against Sylveon and secured my victory.
♦ Next, I went to the Poké Ball Factory and reclaimed it from Team Flare, getting a Master Ball as a thank you gift.
♦ Saved in Laverre City.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
mothim.gif

Meruem the Mothim, Lv 38 ♂
Serious / Swarm
Moves: Bug Bite, Hidden Power [Ice], Silver Wind, Venoshock

dunsparce.gif

Shalnark the Dunsparce, Lv 37 ♂
Lax / Serene Grace
Moves: Coil, Yawn, Return, Ancient Power

axew.gif

Zeno the Axew, Lv 37 ♂
Mild / Rivalry
Moves: Dragon Dance, Taunt, Rock Tomb, Dragon Claw

lunatone.gif

Lippo the Lunatone, Lv 40
Docile / Levitate
Moves: Psychic, Hypnosis, Rock Slide, Cosmic Power

dedenne.gif

Pyon the Dedenne, Lv 38 ♀
Lax / Pickup
Moves: Thunderbolt, Charm, Parabolic Charge, Nuzzle

exeggutor.gif

Gon the Exeggutor, Lv 38 ♂
Naughty / Chlorophyll
Moves: Confusion, Grass Knot, Toxic, Sleep Powder

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

Final Update (#4) on X!
  • Moved from Anistar City to Couriway Town, and Menace finally evolved into Salamence!
  • Explored Terminus Cave, then beat Professor Sycamore pretty easily back in Couriway.
  • Continued on through Route 19 and defeated all my friends on the bridge to Snowbelle City.
  • Explored the Pokemon Village to find Wulfric, then I took on the Snowbelle Gym.
  • Wulfric was a pushover with all my fighting moves.
  • I kept moving forward through Route 21 and finally arrived at Victory Road.
  • Victory Road was a bit of a slog since my team was a little underleveled here.
  • Halfway through, I defeated Calem for the final time, then at last I made it to the Pokemon League.
  • Finalized movesets and got everyone to L60, then took on the Elite Four.
  • Somehow I soloed each Elite Four with four different Pokemon.
  • Stealth soloed Malvo with the help of a crit on Pyroar.
  • Psycat somehow soloed Siebold with Calm Mind+Thunderbolt, with the help of a crit OHKO on Clawizter.
  • Inver took care of Wikstrom handily with the help of Superpower boosts.
  • Borealis easily soloed Drasna with her Refrigerate + Nature Power->Tri Attack combo.
  • Finally, it was time to face Diantha. She was really tough to beat, but I finally got the right combination to win. Blaster shined here.
  • Here's the video and play-by-play of the Diantha fight:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Team Skye:
meowstic.gif

Psycat the Bashful Meowstic, ♂ - L61 @ Mind Plate
Moves: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind
Final Stats: 189/83/116/125/111/155
Elite Four co-MVP
greninja.gif

Stealth the Brave Greninja, ♂ - L61 @ Mystic Water
Moves: Waterfall, Night Slash, Rock Slide, Hydro Pump
Final Stats: 191/162/101/148/106/153
Kalos co-MVP, Elite Four co-MVP
malamar.gif

Inver the Naughty Malamar, ♂ - L61 @ Dread Plate
Moves: Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Superpower, Rock Slide
Final Stats: 209/156/130/106/102/128
Kalos co-MVP, Elite Four co-MVP
clawitzer.gif

Blaster the Mild Clawitzer, ♀ - L61 @ Expert Belt
Moves: Water Pulse, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse
Final Stats: 179/112/109/203/128/99
Diantha MVP
aurorus.gif

Borealis the Serious Aurorus, ♂ - L61 @ Icicle Plate
Moves: Nature Power, Thunderbolt, Ancient Power, Thunder Wave
Final Stats: 243/107/108/163/142/99
Elite Four co-MVP
salamence.gif

Menace the Naughty Salamence, ♀ - L60 @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Dragon Claw, Fly, Earthquake, Crunch
Final Stats: 212/209/122/140/104/142

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
This thread will never die!

I've started to continue my green monocolor on X, so look forward to seeing an update on that in the near future! Got one badge and 2 Pokemon so far.

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Third and final update!

♦ I left Laverre and headed for Dendemille Town, north of which Frost Cavern was situated. I decided to enter and get rid of Team Flare.
♦ Continued towards Anistar City and battled my rival in front of the gym before taking it on. I wanted Zeno to sweep her with Dragon Dance and Shadow Claw, but Sigilyph put an end to this plan due to a crit. Pyon had to come in, who was extremely helpful against her Pokémon.
♦ After getting the 7th badge, I had to save the world and disband Team Flare. Nothing special.
♦ With that out of the way, Snowbelle was my next destination. Wulfric was a complete pushover – Shalnark was able to sweep him with super-effectiveness.
♦ Victory Road was next, which I got through fairly quickly. Also ran into my rival, whom I defeated one final time.
♦ At the league, I decided to start with Siebold. Pyon and Gon took care of him easily.
♦ Next up was Wikstrom, against whom Zeno and Shalnark teamed up. Zeno's Earthquake was very useful, as was Shalnark's Flamethrower (surprisingly, Shalnark survived an Iron Head from Scizor).
♦ Drasna required more of a team effort. Lippo's and Pyon's Fairy-type moves proved very helpful, and Shalnark had to come in and fire off some Ice Beams as well. Meruem also got a hit in with Hidden Power. Poor thing hadn't been used much in the league.
♦ Malva was not much of a threat. Zeno took out most of her Pokémon with Dragon Dance + Earthquake, though Lippo finished off Talonflame with a Rock Slide.
♦ Lastly, I faced off against Diantha, and I made sure to use my entire team in this battle. Lippo was up first against Hawlucha, who went down in a single hit. I brought in Shalnark against Tyrantrum, which was a bit of a struggle, but we prevailed in the end. Zeno took down Goodra, and I actually had to have the entire team help against Aurorus, but Gon got in the KO. Gourgeist frankly wasn't too threatening, and Meruem defeated it with Air Slash and Hidden Power. Finally, her Gardevoir had to be ganged up on – Pyon paralyzed it with Nuzzle and fired off a Thunderbolt before fainting, after which Gon snagged the victory with a Sludge Bomb.
♦ And afterwards, I battled AZ and won thanks to Lippo and Gon.

I forgot to take pictures after each E4 fight lol, but here are the rest:

Spoiler:

Team:
mothim.gif

Meruem the Mothim, Lv 63 @Icicle Plate
Serious / Swarm
Moves: Bug Buzz, Hidden Power [Ice], Air Slash, Quiver Dance

dunsparce.gif

Shalnark the Dunsparce, Lv 63 @Expert Belt
Lax / Serene Grace
Moves: Flamethrower, Return, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball

haxorus.gif

Zeno the Haxorus, Lv 64 @King's Rock
Mild / Rivalry
Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Dragon Dance

lunatone.gif

Lippo the Lunatone, Lv 63 @Rocky Helmet
Docile / Levitate
Moves: Psychic, Calm Mind, Rock Slide, Moonblast

dedenne.gif

Pyon the Dedenne, Lv 63 @Pixie Plate
Lax / Pickup
Moves: Thunderbolt, Play Rough, Charm, Nuzzle

exeggutor.gif

Gon the Exeggutor, Lv 63 @Leftovers
Naughty / Chlorophyll
Moves: Psychic, Energy Ball, Toxic, Sludge Bomb

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
After months of being busy, finished my mono yellow AS run.

Yarris lv58
Slash/Dig/Earthquake/Rock Smash

Ouppi lv57
Giga Drain/Silver Wind/Mega Drain/Bug Buzz

Baskey lv59
Water Pulse/Fly/Air Cutter/Surf

Jun lv57
Slash/Swords Dance/X-Scissor/Cut

Zippler lv58
Bite/Thunder/Flamethrower/Thunder Fang

Plexix lv57
Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Cosmic Power/Psychic

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I've gotten started on a monocolor black run on Y, first update:

» Started up the game and chose Froakie as my starter.
» Fast forward to Route 2, where I caught a Scatterbug named Rainbow to use temporarily until I could catch Snorlax.
» I levelled Rainbow up to evolve her into Vivillon (I know it's been retconned to white, but I'll count it as black for this run) before challenging and defeating Viola.
» I swiftly made my way to Camphrier Town and resolved the whole Poké Flute ordeal. I then used said flute to catch my first official team member, Snaxy the Snorlax.
» Continued towards Ambrette and caught Veenak the Seviper on the way. I also stopped by Glittering Cave and caught a Mawile that I named Munroe.
» Trained them up a bit and then headed towards Cyllage City. I was a bit worried about Grant, but Veenak was very helpful with Glare and Screech.
» After obtaining the second badge, I continued north and caught an Eevee named Midnight. I cycled around for a bit to raise its happiness and shortly thereafter it evolved into Umbreon.
» Once in Geosenge Town, I was challenged by Korrina. Again, Veenak's Glare and Screech came in handy in securing me the win.
» After the battle, I trekked through Reflection Cave and wound up in Shalour City, where I challenged Korrina once again. Veenak and Munroe were the MVPs of this battle.
» With a third badge in possession, I did the whole Tower of Mastery stuff and then continued towards Coumarine.
» Caught a Chatot named Chatterley along the way. Currently saved in Coumarine.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

snorlax.gif

Snaxy the Snorlax ♂, Lv 33 @Hard Stone
Adamant / Thick Fat
Moves: Body Slam, Rock Tomb, Amnesia, Yawn

seviper.gif

Veenak the Seviper ♂, Lv 34 @Poison Barb
Adamant / Shed Skin
Moves: Poison Tail, Glare, Night Slash, Screech

mawile.gif

Munroe the Mawile ♀, Lv 35
Naughty / Intimidate
Moves: Fairy Wind, Power-Up Punch, Fake Tears, Feint Attack

umbreon.gif

Midnight the Umbreon ♂, Lv 33
Sassy / Synchronize
Moves: Assurance, Screech, Quick Attack, Moonlight

chatot.gif

Chatterley the Chatot ♀, Lv 28 @Metronome
Naive / Keen Eye
Moves: Taunt, Sing, Fury Attack, Chatter​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Username: Pluckles
Color: Yellow
Game: Sun
Ultimate: No

I want to change to Sun, instead of Moon for this run.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Username: Pok3pals
Color:Red
Game: White
Ultimate: Maybe later

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
FInished with the yellow Sun run!

Scary Boi lv 57 w/Twisted Spoon
Psychic/Shadow Ball/Psyshock/Nasty Plot

Long Boi lv54 w/Poison Barb
Leaf Storm/Psychic/Sludge Bomb/Psyshock

Charged Gurl lv58 w/ Eviolite
Thunder/Thunderbolt/Discharge/Volt Switch

Gully Girl lv58 w/Mystic Water
Hydro Pump/Scald/Hurricane/Toxic

Buzzy Boi lv58 w/Silver Powder
Pollen Puff/Bug Buzz/Dazzling Gleam/Draining Kiss

Unloved Gurl lv56 w/Quick Claw
Play Rough/Leech Life/Shadow Claw/Feint Attack

Spoiler:

I want to start on my next game, and might as well make it ultimate, since I only have 2 more regions left.

Username: Pluckles
Color: Yellow
Game: Black
Ultimate: Yes

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Second and final update for black on Y!

» Challenged the gym. Chatterley utterly demolished Ramos with Chatter, which grew stronger thanks to the Metronome it held when I caught it.
» Went south, raided the Power Plant, then arrived in Lumiose City.
» I was a bit nervous about facing Clemont, mainly because I didn't really have any good counters for Electric-types. The original plan was to have Munroe work some magic with Power-Up Punch, but she couldn't survive a Thunderbolt from Magneton in Electric Terrain. Instead, Snaxy had to get the job done with the help of Amnesia and Body Slam.
» With a fifth badge in hand, I continued towards Laverre, where I faced off against Valerie. Sadly, Munroe didn't have any Steel-type moves and sending out Veenak didn't seem like a good idea since she had both Mawile and Mr. Mime. The entire team had to help out before Veenak could safely fire off some Poison Tail attacks against Sylveon and secure the win.
» Continued towards Dendemille and caught my final team member, Envexia the Litwick. Once in Dendemille, I headed north to Frost Cavern where Team Flare caused some trouble. Fought them off and then arrived in Anistar City after a trek through the snow.
» Battled Serena outside the gym, and she easily went down. Next up was Olympia, and surprisingly, her Pokémon don't have any counters to Dark-types – meaning I could let Midnight do most of the work, though Envexia and Munroe also had to help.
» After this, I had to fight off Team Flare and prevent them from destroying the world. Once that was over, I continued to Snowbelle via Couriway Town.
» I had to go find Wulfric in the Pokémon Village before I could face him. Once back at the gym, I challenged him and utterly destroyed him. Snaxy with Power-Up Punch, Heavy Slam and Thick Fat made that happen.
» Following this, I could now continue to the Elite Four by going through Victory Road.
» Having made my way there, I started off by challenging Malva. Again, Snaxy was just too powerful – Belly Drum, Earthquake and Thick Fat worked wonders.
» I was planning on using the same strategy for Wikstrom, but his Aegislash defeated Snaxy with Sacred Sword. Envexia and Munroe had to clean up after him.
» Drasna also required a team effort – I was originally counting on Munroe to get the job done, but that plan failed after her Noivern fired off a Flamethrower. Veenak and Snaxy had to help to secure the win.
» Siebold was actually somewhat challenging, mainly because I didn't have anything super effective against Water-types (bar Energy Ball, but I'm not crazy enough to send out Envexia here), and also because nothing on my team resisted Water-type moves. I had to rely on some healing and getting in a few hits here and there to win against him.
» Last up was Diantha, the champion! I was able to defeat her fairly easily, but she also managed to KO some of my Pokémon. In the end, I prevailed!
» At the parade, I also defeated AZ.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
snorlax.gif

Snaxy the Snorlax ♂, Lv 66 @Earth Plate
Adamant / Thick Fat
Moves: Return, Power-Up Punch, Earthquake, Belly Drum

seviper.gif

Veenak the Seviper ♂, Lv 63 @Poison Barb
Adamant / Shed Skin
Moves: Poison Jab, Earthquake, Crunch, Coil

mawile.gif

Munroe the Mawile ♀, Lv 66 @King's Rock
Naughty / Intimidate
Moves: Play Rough, Power-Up Punch, Iron Head, Crunch

umbreon.gif

Midnight the Umbreon ♂, Lv 66 @Black Glasses
Sassy / Synchronize
Moves: Assurance, Toxic, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball

chatot.gif

Chatterley the Chatot ♀, Lv 64 @Metronome
Naive / Keen Eye
Moves: Taunt, Fly, Hyper Voice, Chatter

chandelure.gif

Envexia the Chandelure ♀, Lv 66 @Spooky Plate
Timid / Flash Fire
Moves: Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Hex, Energy Ball​

This was the first playthrough where I honestly felt pretty tired of Kalos. Next monocolor run will probably be in Alola, though I haven't fully decided on what game and color yet.​

Last edited:
Years
Oh hai there.
I was thinking about doing a mono-green run on Omega Ruby.
I have some questions.
I plan to choose Treecko cause...it's green. However, I have a couple of other green 'mons just floatin' around pokebank from previous Omega Ruby runs. Can I use them?
Also, if a Pokemon faints, does that means it's "dead" and you must release it?
Thank you for answering my questions in advance.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh hai there.
I was thinking about doing a mono-green run on Omega Ruby.
I have some questions.
I plan to choose Treecko cause...it's green. However, I have a couple of other green 'mons just floatin' around pokebank from previous Omega Ruby runs. Can I use them?
Also, if a Pokemon faints, does that means it's "dead" and you must release it?
Thank you for answering my questions in advance.

1. You can only trade in pokemon if you can't get a pokemon before the 2nd gym, which as you've stated with Treecko, you can. You can also trade in version exclusives that are your colour, which in your case is only Ludicolo as far as I can see. So if you have non-Ludicolo green pokemon in your pokebank, you can't use them.

2. If your pokemon faints it isn't dead; this isn't a nuzlocke. You can use nuzlocke rules if you want though, I guess.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Finally finished with mono Yellow Black run!

Waddles lv52 w/ Miracle Seed
X-Scissors/Leaf Blade/Swords Dance/Poison Jab

Overalls lv52 w/ BlackGlasses
High Jump Kick/Crunch/Strength/Brick Break

Zarth lv52 w/ Spell Tag
Hex/Shadow Ball/Will-o-Wisp/Curse

Sqeek lv51 w/Quick Claw
Fly/Crunch/Buldoze/Rock Slide

Scurette lv51 w/ Magnet
Charge Beam/Electroweb/Signal Beam/Volt Switch

Tusky lv50 w/ Dragon Fang
Dragon Dance/Slash/False Swipe/Dragon Claw

https://imgur.com/a/4E9nYcp

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I decided to give Alola a shot after having done Kalos consecutively for so long. I'm currently doing a brown monocolor run of Ultra Sun.

» Started up the game and was immediately ambushed by a Yungoos. Luckily, Kukui was there to give me a Pokémon I could use for protection. I chose Rowlet and named it Rowan.
» I think I saved Nebby and then went to Kukui's lab or something? Anyway, when my real adventure had started, I wanted to expand my team right away by adding a Pichu. Once I found one, I caught it and named it Coconut.
» After the festival, I made my way to Hau'oli and took care of the whole school ordeal. This made it possible for me to battle Ilima. Frankly, this was a bit tricky – I was extremely close to defeating him on the first try, but his Smeargle got lucky and burned Rowan, which was just enough to knock me out before the final blow. I actually had to grind a bit to be able to beat him, but I worked it out.
» My victory granted me access to the more northern part of the island, where my first trial awaited me. After a simple puzzle and beating up some Team Skull goons, I made it to the trial site to battle the totem Gumshoos.
» Coconut was very useful here with Charm and Static, but Rowan was responsible for the majority of the damage output. Having taken Gumshoos down, I had now cleared my first trial in Alola.
» This allowed me to progress further and help Lillie save Nebby in some cave. There was also some weird-looking space guy named Dulse that I defeated.
» I was now ready to take on the island kahuna, Hala. As with totem Gumshoos, Coconut's Charm and Static worked wonders here, securing me the win and a Fightinium Z.
» Kukui informed me that I could now ride on a Mantine to another island, which I did. Once on Akala island, I met Dexio and Sina, the former of whom I battled and defeated easily.
» Continuing towards Paniola Town, I traversed through Route 4 and caught a Mudbray on the way that I named Walnut.
» Soon thereafter, I arrived in Paniola and faced off against Hau. The entire team put in effort to defeat him, and after that I decided to save.

Screen:
Spoiler:

Team:
dartrix.gif

Rowan the Dartrix ♂ - Lv 21
Modest / Overgrow
Moves: Razor Leaf, Leafage, Ominous Wind, Peck

pikachu-f.gif

Coconut the Pikachu ♀ - Lv 18 @Magnet
Sassy / Static
Moves: Thunder Shock, Charm, Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot

mudbray.gif

Walnut the Mudbray ♂ - Lv 17
Lonely / Own Tempo
Moves: Mud-Slap, Double Kick, Stomp, Bulldoze​

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Hey everyone, I've updated the champions list up to this post. Life's been pretty busy lately, but I'm hoping to continue my green monocolor soon.

Back