• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Mono-Color Challenge

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I completed my monocolor brown run of Ultra Sun the other day. Because it's quite a lot of progress to cover, I'll just run through the most important parts of each island.

Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
decidueye.gif

Rowan the Decidueye ♂ - Lv 59 @Miracle Seed
Modest / Overgrow
Moves: Leaf Blade, Roost, Shadow Ball, Brave Bird

raichu-alola.gif

Coconut the Alolan Raichu ♀ - Lv 57 @Magnet
Sassy / Surge Surfer
Moves: Discharge, Psychic, Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot

mudsdale.gif

Walnut the Mudsdale ♂ - Lv 59 @Groundium Z
Lonely / Own Tempo
Moves: Earthquake, Double Kick, Heavy Slam, Bulldoze

tauros.gif

Hornbeam the Tauros ♂ - Lv 55 @Hard Stone
Gentle / Intimidate
Moves: Rock Tomb, Return, Scary Face, Iron Head

torkoal.gif

Viburnum the Torkoal ♀ - Lv 58 @Quick Claw
Bashful / Drought
Moves: Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Shell Smash, Sludge Bomb

kabutops.gif

Carapa the Kabutops ♂ - Lv 58 @Hard Stone
Impish / Swift Swim
Moves: Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Aqua Tail, Aqua Jet​

My next playthrough will most likely be on Ultra Sun again, but this time using the color black.​

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Final update on my run, I completed it. Beginning was a pain having only Psyduck as my team member for quite a while. Yuxyux was the MVP for my E4 run, what an amazing tank.

Spr_4d_054.png

Watwat, the sassy Psyduck♀
Level 56
Ability: Cloud Nine
Disable, Ice Beam, Screech and Surf

Spr_4d_078.png

Neeta, the impish Rapidash♀
Level 56
Ability: Flash Fire
Return, Growl, Tail Whip and Fire Blast

Spr_4d_480.png

Yuxyux, the jolly Uxie
Level 55
Ability: Levitate
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Toxic and Reflect

Spr_4d_026_f.png

Chichi, the adamant Raichu♀
Level 56
Ability: Static
Secret Power, Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Going to sign up for a run.

Username: ShyRayq
Color: Gray
Game: Platinum
Ultimate: No

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Completed the run in a few days.

"Short" summary:
Spoiler:

Team:
Elinvar the Machamp (M), Lvl69: Cross Chop, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Fire Punch
-The MVP for the first half of the game. Had very high attack, so he was very reliable even in the end game and in the post game.
Inconel the Steelix (F), Lvl68: Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Earthquake, Rock Smash
-Inconel was so bad as an Onix; why does it only have 45 base attack? After evolving, she became so much better thanks to her monstrous
defense which helped with stalling some more difficult opponents. Her low accuracy moves did made her an unreliable attacker though.
Guanin the Purugly (F), Lvl69: Body Slam, Shadow Claw, Aerial Ace, Hypnosis
-Basically the main reason I did a gray run was to use Purugly. I expected her to be pretty lackluster, but her Hypnosis saved me so many times.
While her attacking stats weren't as impressive as the rest of the team, putting things to sleep was such a great utility that I really appreciated
having her on the team.
Electrum the Magnezone (X), Lvl68: Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Tri Attack, Thunder Wave
-Magnezone is such a great pokemon in general. Thanks to its great typing, Electrum could just come in and just take hits without a problem. Its
excellent special attack was also a godsend, allowing me to take out foes with relative ease.
Bismanol the Glalie (F), Lvl69: Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Water Pulse, Protect
-While not terrible, Bismonal was probably the worst member of my team. She just couldn't get the KO, always leaving a sliver a health in her
opponents. This was especially not helpful against Cynthia's Garchomp. Again, not terrible, just not as good as the others.
Melchior the Armaldo (M), Lvl69: Brick Break, Rock Slide, Aqua Tail, X-Scissor
-A great addition to the team. He really helped in the post game with his Aqua Tail and X-Scissor. Great attack meant he KO'd pretty much
everything he attacked.

Overall, a pretty solid team.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Figured it's time I finally do a challenge sign-up on here. And a mono-color run.

Username: ElBurrito
Color: Blue
Game: Blue, Crystal, Sapphire, Diamond, Black 2, X, Ultra Moon, Sword
Ultimate: Yes

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
First update for my monocolor black run of Ultra Sun.

» Started up the game and shortly thereafter caught a Pikipek that I named Pickety. Not long after, I caught two official team members: Mozzarella the Alolan Rattata and Blackout the Murkrow. Pickety stayed for a while, as it had helpful coverage with Rock Smash.
» Totem Gumshoos wasn't too difficult. Blackout's Haze got rid of its stat boost, and then Pickety's Rock Smash both dealt damage and lowered its Defense. Mozzarella then secured the KO with Bite.
» Blackout took care of Hala's Machop and Makuhita, but fell to Crabrawler's Z-Move. The rest of the team had to help out here.
» Totem Araquanid required me to be more strategic. First, Mozzarella lowered its speed with Scary Face, allowing Pickety to outspeed and lower its defense with Rock Smash. In turn, Blackout could now two-shot it with Wing Attack. The ally Dewpider defeated Blackout, so Mozzarella finished it off with a Bite.
» Went straight towards Wela Volcano Park and Route 7 to add two new team members: Rouge the Salandit and Minrin the Pyukumuku.
» Totem Marowak turned out to be much easier than anticipated, with Mozzarella putting in a lot of work.
» Per usual in totem battles, Mozzarella lowered Lurantis' speed with Scary Face. I then took advantage of the sun set up by the ally Kecleon and 2-hit KO'd Lurantis with Rouge's Flame Burst. Blackout finished off the Kecleon, meaning I was now done with the trials on Akala Island.
» Before I could move on, I had to face Olivia, the island kahuna. Minrin took care of Anorith with Bide, and then the entire team had to take down Lileep. Finally, Minrin defeated Lycanroc using Counter.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
raticate-alola.gif

Mozzarella the Alolan Raticate ♀ - Lv 29 @Amulet Coin
Impish / Gluttony
Moves: Crunch, Scary Face, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang

murkrow.gif

Blackout the Murkrow ♂ - Lv 30
Sassy / Super Luck
Moves: Wing Attack, Assurance, Astonish, Haze

salandit.gif

Rouge the Salandit ♀ - Lv 28
Bashful / Corrosion
Moves: Flame Burst, Toxic, Dragon Rage, Smog

pyukumuku.gif

Minrin the Pyukumuku ♂ - Lv 28
Impish / Innards Out
Moves: Bide, Curse, Taunt, Counter​

Currently saved at Akala Outskirts.​

Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
Ultimate Mono-Color Blue Run

Finally finished the Kanto portion of my run. Picked Azul the Squirtle as my starter (obviously). Stopped off by route 22 to catch Mavi the Nidoran♀ who later evolved into Nidorina and then Nidoqueen in Mt. Moon. I skipped over Cerulean to mix things up and get badges in a different order than usual. After obtaining cut from the S.S. Anne, I then remembered that I needed to beat Misty in order to progress, so she ended up giving me my second badge anyway. I lopped through Rock Tunnel and Lavender Town on my way to Celadon, where I obtained Sininen the Eevee. I quickly ran to the store for a water stone to evolve him into Vaporeon. I stopped at the game corner to do some gambling, hoping to get a Dratini. After a couple hours I decided that I suck at gambling and moved on with my life. I Defeated Giovanni for the first time then cleared Pokémon Tower, Mavi did the majority of the work, she had pretty much been carrying the team up to this point. I then made my way to Fuschia City where I snagged a Horsea at the beach and a Dratini in the safari zone. They were named Sifa and Neela respectively.

Now having five of my team slots filled and nowhere left to travel on land, the time had come to start gathering badges. I went back to Celadon to obtain a TM containing Ice Beam for Sifa, then used Erika's precious plants as target practice to make Sifa a more viable team member. Then came Lt. Victim *cough* I mean Surge who made a decent practice dummy for getting Neela some exp. I did some training outside Fuschia to get my team leveled evenly at about 35 if I remember correctly. We then made easy work of Koga and his weak toxins. Finally completing my swimming lessons and learning how to move rocks weighing more than 10 lbs, it was time to travel to the Seafoam Islands and add team member #6. Venturing deep into the cave, I found the majestic ice chicken and trapped the legendary creature within a tiny ball. Caeruleum the Articuno was now mine. I then flew to Pallet Town and made my way to Cinnabar and defeated Blaine. I stopped by the mansion to round my team off to level 40 then finally decided that Saffron needed to be rid of Team Rocket. Some rando in Silph Co. offered me a Lapras, but who needs an off-brand Loch Ness monster when you have a majestic ice chicken? I proved to Sabrina that spoon bending isn't as fancy as my card tricks then flew back to Viridian to kick Giovanni's butt one more time.

After painstakingly showing multiple guards my badges I made it to the Indigo Plateau to end phase one of my quest. I spent some time training in Victory Road to get my team up to level 50, but got tired of waiting and decided to take on the Elite Four anyway, figuring my team would get to a minimum of 50 by battling there anyway. Surprisingly I made it to Lance with only a single Pokémon, Mavi, fainting. Lance managed to take Azul down with his Gyarados, but Neela and Cearuleum swept through the rest of his team. Restoring my team with my overstocked potions and revives, as well as finally using the six rare candies I finally remembered were sitting in my bag, I was ready to take on the champion. Blue's Alakazam was the hardest one to beat, but Azul whittled down its health with Bubblebeam. I finished embarassing Blue in front of his grandfather with Caeruleum using Sky Attack on his Venusaur. Victory was mine. Now on to Johto.

Final Team
Spr_1b_009.png

Azul • Lvl 51
Mega Kick • Tail Whip • Strength • Bubblebeam

Spr_1b_031.png

Mavi • Lvl 51
Surf • Earthquake • Mega Kick • Poison Sting

Spr_1b_134.png

Sininen • Lvl 51
Water Gun • Sand Attack • Body Slam • Quick Attack

Spr_1b_117.png

Sifa • Lvl 51
Bubble • Ice Beam • Smokescreen • Toxic

Spr_1b_148.png

Neela • Lvl 51
Horn Drill • Thunderbolt • Blizzard • Fire Blast

Spr_1b_144.png

Caeruleum • Lvl 53
Sky Attack • Ice Beam • Fly • Blizzard​

Last edited:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Second and final update for my monocolor black challenge on Ultra Sun.

Ula'ula Island + Aether Paradise:
» Before heading to Ula'ula, I visited Aether Paradise and battled Nihilego.
» Battled Hau and then headed up to Hokulani Observatory, where the next trial awaited me. Rouge easily handled totem Togedemaru and the ally Skarmory with Nasty Plot and Flame Burst.
» I was a bit worried about totem Mimikyu, but Rouge's Toxic was very helpful. Minrin used Curse a few times and was thus able to tank Mimikyu's attacks, and it eventually fainted from Toxic damage. Rouge then finished off the ally Banette.
» Now inhabited by Pokémon, Thrifty Megamart was home to my next team member, Shuppet. Caught one and named it Bottle.
» Traded over an egg containing a Baltoy, since it's a version exclusive. Once it hatched, I named it Zero.
» Headed north towards Po Town, where I battled a bunch of Team Skull grunts as well as Guzma.
» After this raid, I battled Nanu at the harbor and then sailed to Aether Paradise.
» Plenty of battles were fought here, including Faba and Lusamine.

Poni Island + the Pokémon League:
» Once all of that was taken care of, I could continue to Poni Island, where my final trials awaited me.
» I first battled Totem Kommo-o at Vast Poni Canyon. I had good coverage for this battle, so it wasn't too bad.
» Climbed up the stairs and did the whole Ultra Space thing. Ultra Necrozma was challenging, but eventually saw itself defeated. I then returned to Poni Island for my final trial.
» After battling Mina, she informed me that her trial required me to collect flower petals from previous trial captains. I went around and collected them, and then brought them to her.
» This triggered the final totem battle, against Ribombee. Despite its Quiver Dances, it was knocked out by my team.
» With all trials completed, it was time for the Pokémon League.
» Zero and Rouge tag teamed to defeat Molayne.
» Olivia was mostly taken care of by Zero, but some additional help was required by the rest of the team as well.
» Acerola was defeated quite easily by Mozzarella, Rouge and Blackout.
» Kahili required a team effort and quite a few potions to bring down, but it eventually worked out.
» The battle against Hau was a bit easier than anticipated. Some of his Pokémon were OHKO's, whereas others, like Vaporeon and Tauros, required a bit more effort to take down. Once his team was defeated, I become Alola's first-ever Champion!

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
raticate-alola.gif

Mozzarella the Alolan Raticate ♀ - Lv 59 @Amulet Coin
Impish / Gluttony
Moves: Crunch, Double-Edge, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang

honchkrow.gif

Blackout the Honchkrow ♂ - Lv 58 @Quick Claw
Sassy / Super Luck
Moves: Wing Attack, Shadow Ball, Foul Play, Night Slash

salazzle.gif

Rouge the Salazzle ♀ - Lv 60 @Poison Barb
Bashful / Corrosion
Moves: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Nasty Plot, Sludge Bomb

pyukumuku.gif

Minrin the Pyukumuku ♂ - Lv 61
Impish / Innards Out
Moves: Bide, Curse, Toxic, Counter

banette.gif

Bottle the Banette ♂ - Lv 60 @Spell Tag
Modest / Insomnia
Moves: Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, Sucker Punch, Shadow Ball

claydol.gif

Zero the Claydol – Lv 59 @Never-Melt Ice
Timid / Levitate
Moves: Ice Beam, Psychic, Cosmic Power, Earth Power​

Not sure what my next color will be, but it'll likely be on Ultra Sun again.​

Last edited:
Years
Well, time for me to bust out the new games and really give them a proper chance! This will be my first Sword/Shield challenge so here goes.

Username: Pendraflare (was Swagroar but am now my trademark again)
Game: Blue, Soul Silver, Alpha Sapphire, Platinum, Black 2, X, Moon, Sword
Ultimate: Yes

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Sword Blue Mono-Color Update #2
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years

Nice to see you again, Pendraflare! Hope you've been doing well.

I got started on a mono gray challenge on Ultra Sun, so here's the first update on that.

» Started up the game and did all the mandatory beginning stuff. Caught a Grubbin, Zorua and Magnemite that I named Anhydrite, Obsidian and Chromium, respectively. Only Zorua will stay a permanent team member, but I think the others can have some uses too.
» Continued towards Hau'oli and beat Ilima at the docks.
» My first trial took place at Verdant Cavern, where I faced off against Totem Gumshoos. All of my team members had helpful status moves in for example Fake Tears, String Shot and Thunder Wave, which made it considerably easier to defeat both of my opponents.
» Lillie ran off to somewhere, so I went to hunt her down. After finding her at Melemele Meadow, I entered Seaward Cave and defeated Dulse.
» I was now able to take on Hala, the Island Kahuna. I quickly realized that this would be impossible with my current team's levels, so I levelled up Grubbin to Lv 19, where it learned Acrobatics. This made it significantly easier to defeat Hala.
» Swiftly visited the Alola Photo Club before I travelled to Akala Island on a Mantine.
» Saved in Heahea City.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
zorua.gif

Obsidian the Zorua ♂ - Lv 21
Lax / Illusion
Scratch, Leer, Feint Attack, Fake Tears

grubbin.gif

Anhydrite the Grubbin ♀ - Lv 19
Mild / Swarm
Spark, String Shot, Bug Bite, Acrobatics

magnemite.gif

Chromium the Magnemite – Lv 18
Bashful / Magnet Pull
Light Screen, Sonic Boom, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Well, it's been a long time, but I finally continued the Kalos leg of my Green ultimate on X.

Update on Ultimate Green Monocolor Challenge:

Update #1 on X.

Name: Green
Starter: Chespin
  • Started with Lancelot the the Chespin, and we battled our way to Santalune City.
  • Took on the gym, and beat Viola easily with Rollout.
  • After the battle, Lancelot evolved into Quilladin!
  • Got through Route 4, to Lumiose City, where I got my second team member, Bruteroot the Bulbasaur.
  • Trained Bruteroot up and he quickly evolved into Ivysaur.
  • Moved on to Route 6, did the Parfum Palace plot and send Snorlax back to the mountains.
  • Defeated Trevor and Tierno on Route 7 alongside Calem, then moved on through Connecting Cave and Route 8 to Ambrette Town.
  • Got through Glittering Cave to find the Scientist, then moved on to Cyllage City and Route 10.
  • Caught Austin the Hawlucha and Malivore the Golett.
  • After a bit of training, I took on the gym. Grant wasn't too much trouble with Austin's Karate Chop.
  • Defeated Team Flare on Route 10, then Malivore easily handled Korrina's 2 Lucarios.
  • Saved on Route 11.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Green:
ivysaur.gif

Bruteroot the Mild Ivysaur, ♂ - L25 @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Razor Leaf, Nature Power, Venoshock, Sleep Powder
golett.gif

Malivore the Lax Golett - L26 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Shadow Punch, Mega Punch, Bulldoze, Rollout
hawlucha.gif

Austin the Lonely Hawlucha, ♂ - L26 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Limber
Moves: Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Karate Chop, Roost
quilladin.gif

Lancelot the Lax Quilladin, ♂ - L26
Moves: Needle Arm, Bulldoze, Rollout, Payback

HM Slaves:
bunnelby.gif

Bunnelby - Cut, Rock Smash, Strength

I have also updated the champions list to this post.

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years

Second update for my monocolor gray challenge on Ultra Sun.

» Battled Dexio in front of the Tide Song Hotel, and then continued towards Paniola Town. Once there, I battled Hau.
» A bit further up north, Gladion wanted to battle me, so I made quick work of him before heading to Brooklet Hill for the next trial.
» Totem Araquanid was definitely challenging, what with the rain, its Wacan Berry and +1 Speed. This required me to try out some different strategies, which was honestly pretty fun! The winning strategy had Obsidian lower its Sp. Def with Fake Tears, whereafter Chromium could fire off a Thunder Shock, making the Araquanid consume its berry. Then Anhydrite had to come in and Revive Chromium, who had fainted. This made it possible to finish off both Araquanid and its ally Dewpider.
» Next, I made my way to Royal Avenue, battling and defeating Dulse's Poipole on the way.
» Participated in a Battle Royale and then headed north to the next trial site, Wela Volcano Park.
» Totem Marowak was impossible to defeat with my current team. Its +2 Speed boost and move coverage meant it OHKO'd everything on my team. This really left me no choice but to grind Obsidian to Lv 30, where it evolved into Zoroark. The battle was pretty uneventful as a result of this, but I quite literally had no other option.
» With Marowak defeated, I could continue to the next Trial Site. I caught a Wimpod along the way that I named Titanium.
» Surprisingly, Totem Lurantis was harder than anticipated, given my high-levelled team members. Sunny Day and Solar Blade/Synthesis resulted in a pretty challenging battle, but my team pulled through in the end.
» Up next was the island kahuna, Olivia. I found her at Akala Outskirts and defeated her easily with Chromium. Around this time I had pretty much decided to make Chromium a permanent member of the team, probably replacing Obsidian, but I'll see later on what happens.
» Sailed to Aether Paradise and defeated Nihilego.
» Arrived in Malie City, beat Hau and then went to Malie Garden to find Kukui. Also spent some time grinding Titanium up to Lv 30, so I could get Golisopod.
» Saved in Malie City.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

zoroark.gif

Obsidian the Zoroark ♂ - Lv 33
Lax / Illusion
Scratch, Leer, Night Slash, Fake Tears

grubbin.gif

Anhydrite the Grubbin ♀ - Lv 28
Mild / Swarm
Spark, String Shot, X-Scissor, Dig

magneton.gif

Chromium the Magneton – Lv 33
Bashful / Magnet Pull
Tri Attack, Flash Cannon, Electro Ball, Thunder Wave

golisopod.gif

Titanium the Golisopod ♂ - Lv 30
Timid / Emergency Exit
Struggle Bug, Sand Attack, Leech Life, First Impression

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
This seems pretty fun! Gonna try and do this in Unova

Username: Sumner
Game: Black 2
Ultimate: Not for now

Years
» Totem Marowak was impossible to defeat with my current team. Its +2 Speed boost and move coverage meant it OHKO'd everything on my team. This really left me no choice but to grind Obsidian to Lv 30, where it evolved into Zoroark. The battle was pretty uneventful as a result of this, but I quite literally had no other option.

Actually, there were some Pokémon you could've caught, like maybe Remoraid or Carbink. Or you could've gotten Herdier with Intimidate. And Machop can learn Knock Off. Ah well, what's done is done.

As for me... Finished this before April was out and I don't have many pics except from the big ones so let's just rattle it all off.

Sword Blue Mono-Color Update #3
Spoiler:

The Final Team:
Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Ultimate Green Monocolor Challenge:

Update #2 on X.
  • Went through Route 11 and Reflecting Cave to Shalour City.
  • After meeting the gang and Korrina at the Tower of Mastery, I took on the gym and beat Korrina without too much trouble.
  • Returned to the tower to get the Mega Ring and Lucario.
  • Continued on to Route 12 to Courmarine City, and Bruteroot evolved into Venusaur!
  • Went to Route 13 and caught my next team member, Dusty the Trapinch.
  • After a bit of training, I took on the gym, and beat Ramos mostly with Austin.
  • Went into the Team Flare hideout and restored the power, then arrived back in Lumiose City.
  • Took on the gym, and while battling my way up, Dusty and Lancelot evolved into Vibrava and Chesnaught!
  • Clemont wasn't too hard to deal with all my resistances to electric.
  • Went to Route 14, where I caught my final team member, Kermit the Poliwhirl, then did a trade to evolve him into Politoed!
  • Continued on to Laverre City, where I took on the gym. Kermit and Bruteroot combined to defeat Valerie with ease.
  • Defeated Team Flare at the Poke Ball Factory, then moved on to Dendemille Town via Route 15.
  • After a bit of training on Route 15 and 16, I entered the Frost Cavern to rescue the Abamasnow from Team Flare.
  • After the final battle against the Admin, Malivore evolved into Golurk!
  • Rode the Mamoswine through Route 17 to Anistar City.
  • Defeated Calem in front of the gym, and Dusty evolved into Flygon!
  • Olympia was a bit difficult to deal with due to all my Psychic weaknesses, but we eventually prevailed.
  • Saved outside the gym.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Green:
politoed.gif

Kermit the Bashful Politoed, ♂ - L44 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Surf, Body Slam, Hidden Power (Fire), Mud Shot
chesnaught.gif

Lancelot the Lax Chasnaught, ♂ - L44 @ Rose Incense
Moves: Seed Bomb, Hammer Arm, Strength, Spiky Shield
flygon.gif

Dusty the Adamant Flygon, ♂ - L45 @ Dread Plate
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Dig, Crunch, Dragon Tail, Rock Slide
venusaur.gif

Bruteroot the Mild Venusaur, ♂ - L45 @ Black Sludge
Moves: Petal Dance, Hidden Power (Ice), Venoshock, Cut
hawlucha.gif

Austin the Lonely Hawlucha, ♂ - L46 @ Sky Plate
Ability: Limber
Moves: Flying Press, Fly, High Jump Kick, Roost
golurk.gif

Malivore the Lax Golurk - L46 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Shadow Punch, Mega Punch, Earthquake, Dynamic Punch

HM Slaves:
diggersby.gif

Diggersby - Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Surf [boxed]

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Pendraflare said:
Actually, there were some Pokémon you could've caught, like maybe Remoraid or Carbink. Or you could've gotten Herdier with Intimidate. And Machop can learn Knock Off.

Fair point, but either way I would've had to grind something up to a sufficient level, since I only had my three team members with me at the time.

Anyway, here's another update on my gray monocolor challenge on Ultra Sun.

» Headed west towards Hokulani Observatory. Caught a Skarmory on Route 10 that I named Aluminium.
» Initially, I planned on letting Titanium defeat Totem Togedemaru with Brick Break. However, Chromium proved to be rather suitable for this task, since it resisted everything Togedemaru and its ally Skarmory could throw at it. Slowly but surely, Chromium was able to defeat them both.
» Before I could continue to the next trial, I had no battle Guzma at Malie Garden.
» On Route 11, I caught an Alolan Graveler that I named Copper.
» Arrived in Tapu Village without much trouble. Took a detour to Blush Mountain so I could evolve Chromium into Magnezone. I then returned to Tapu Village and caught a Snorunt that I named Zircon.
» The next trial took place at the abandoned Thrify Megamart on Route 14. Totem Mimikyu wasn't too difficult, but still required a team effort.
» Po Town was my next destination, where Team Skull had taken over. Nanu let me in and I then proceeded to defeat everyone inside, including Guzma.
» With that out of the way, I now had to sail to Aether Paradise to take care of their shady business. Before doing so, I made easy work of Nanu at the docks in Malie.
» Aether Paradise was pretty straightforward. A bunch of grunts, battles against Faba, Guzma and Lusamine, and then it was over.
» Sailed to Seafolk Village on Poni Island, where I saved.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

zoroark.gif

Obsidian the Zoroark ♂ - Lv 44
Lax / Illusion
Scratch, Leer, Night Slash, Fake Tears

magnezone.gif

Chromium the Magnezone – Lv 48
Bashful / Magnet Pull
Tri Attack, Flash Cannon, Discharge, Thunder Wave

golisopod.gif

Titanium the Golisopod ♂ - Lv 47
Timid / Emergency Exit
Sucker Punch, Brick Break, Leech Life, First Impression

skarmory.gif

Aluminium the Skarmory ♂ - Lv 47
Gentle / Sturdy
Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Slash, Rock Tomb

golem-alola.gif

Copper the Alolan Golem ♂ - Lv 47
Hardy / Sturdy
Smack Down, Thunder Punch, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock

glalie.gif

Zircon the Glalie ♂ - Lv 46
Adamant / Ice Body
Crunch, Ice Fang, Headbutt, Freeze-Dry

Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
Ultimate Mono-Color Blue Run
{Part 2 - Crystal}

I've almost conquered Johto now, just beat the Elite Four and now to make another run through Kanto so I can battle Red and truly beat Crystal. I also did a worse job of taking notes during this journey than my last one, but I'll do my best to recap from memory.

I Started off by picking up Kyanos the Totodile from Professor Elm. After clearing Sprout Tower, Kyanos made quick work of Falkner's birds. I then traveled down through Route 32 where I obtained Masmavi the Wooper. After booting Team Rocket from the Slowpoke Well I did some training in Union Cave to get Kyanos and Masmavi up to lvl 20 for the second gym battle. After beating Bugsy I ventured into the forest to teach Masmavi Headbutt, then turned back to Azalea to find a Heracross, thus adding Azzurra to my team. I've never used a Heracross in a playthrough of any games before, and holy crap it took forever to find one in a tree.
Anyway, I finally traveled to Goldenrod to face Whitney and her dreaded Miltank. Masmavi lowered Miltank's accuracy with mud-slap, then Azzurra made quick work of that blasphemous bovine. I then remembered that I could get a blue pokémon from Goldenrod and went to the game corner to get myself a Wobbuffet. After getting annoyed with the card flipping, I hopped over to the slots, and after awhile I got lucky enough to roll 7s two times in a row and purchased Indiko from the rewards counter.

After entering Ecruteak, I hopped into Mt. Mortar to catch Bleu the Marill. Kyanos did most of the work in defeating the Ecruteak gym, thanks to bite, then my team and I ventured the Olivine. On the way there, I stopped by the Miltank ranch and attempted to help the sick cow, but only had two berries so I opted to let her meet Arceus on his terms. Upon entering Olivine, I stopped by the café to grab Strength then set sail for the Whirl Islands. There I crawled into the caves to fish up a Horsea which I named Sifa after the one I obtained in Kanto. I then surfed to Cianwood to grab my 5th badge. The gym was easily soloed with Indiko, being able to rely on Counter for most of the battles, with the exception of some Mirror Coat for the trainers' Hitmonchan's elemental punches.

I then returned to Olivine to level up Sifa in the lighthouse and hand over the medicine to Jasmine. I then followed Jasmine to the gym and swept through her team with Masmavi. Next came Mahogany where Azzurra did most of the work in getting me the Glacier badge. After defeating Team Rocket for the final time, I traveled through the Ice Path to Blackthorn City. I spent some time rounding my team up to lvl 40 before facing the gym. Once inside, Sifa carried the team with Icy Wind and Swift. As per custom, I had to crawl into a cave and play 20 questions to prove that I was deserving of an 8th badge, because apparently pokémon battles are not the proper way to earn a badge these days. After this I traveled back to Mt. Mortar to snag a Dragon Scale, which I used alongside my copy of Silver to evolve Sifa into a Kingdra.

Finally, the time had come for me to take my second first steps into Kanto on my journey to become the master of blue. None of the trainers posed any real threat to my team as we easily cleared a path to Victory Road. Once inside, it was a fairly easy trek to the exit where I kicked Silver's butt one more time. I then ran circles around the cave to round my team up to lvl 50 before facing the Elite Four.
Kyanos did most of the fighting against Will, relying on Bite to take down Slowbro and both Xatu. Indiko took out Jynx by deflecting her Ice Punches, and Sifa took down Exeggutor with Icy Wind. Next came Koga. Bleu took out his Ariados and Venomoth with Rollout, but failed to even hit his Forretress and fainted. Fortunately, Indiko was able to step in and take it out along with Koga's Muk, but couldn't counter Crobat's hits. Luckily, I was able to "beat" crobat with Destiny Bond, thus claiming victory over Koga. Indiko was the only 'mon I needed to defeat Bruno, countering all of his attacks and making for a fairly simple battle.

In the battle against Karen I did a bit more switching out of my team. I lead with Azzurra to take out Umbreon, switched to Sifa to defeat Vileplume, then Kyanos for Gengar, Then Bleu came in to fight against Murkrow and Houndoom. There isn't much to say against the battle with Lance, as Sifa swept through his team with Icy Wind and Dragonbreath. And now I make my way back into Kanto to collect the final 8 badges needed for me to enter Mt. Silver.

Current Team
Spr_2c_160.png

Kyanos♂ • Lvl 51
Fury Cutter • Bite • Cut • Water Gun

Spr_2c_195.png

Masmavi♀ • Lvl 50
Held_icon_II.png
Quick Claw
Whirlpool • Earthquake • Mud-Slap • Headbutt

Spr_2c_214.png

Azzurra♀ • Lvl 51
Rock Smash • Reversal • Strength • Endure

Spr_2c_202.png

Indiko♀ • Lvl 53
Counter • Mirror Coat • Safeguard • Destiny Bond

Spr_2c_184.png

Bleu♂ • Lvl 50
Held_icon_II.png
Mystic Water
Tackle • Defense Curl • Rollout • Surf

Spr_2c_230.png

Sifa♂ • Lvl 51
Held_icon_II.png
Dragon Fang
Waterfall • Dragonbreath • Swift • Icy Wind​

Last edited:

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
Final update for my gray monocolor adventure on Ultra Sun.

» Went to Exeggutor Island to retrieve the Sun Flute, after which I continued to Vast Poni Canyon. Caught a Jangmo-o that I named Caesium.
» Some trainers later, I found myself at the trial site. Totem Kommo-o was slightly annoying with Drain Punch, but I managed to work around it.
» Climbed to the Altar of the Sunne and witnessed Necrozma fuse itself with Solgaleo.
» Chased after it on Lunala and arrived in Ultra Megalopolis. Titanium's First Impression really helped a lot with Ultra Necrozma.
» With the world back to normal, I could continue my journey.
» For her trial, Mina had me battle her and then the previous trial captains as well.
» The battle against Totem Ribombee was not too bad. Chromium paralyzed it and then fired off some Flash Cannons, which worked pretty well despite its stat boosts from Quiver Dance. Aluminium and Copper also had to help.
» Hapu awaited me on Exeggutor Island for a battle. The entire team helped out here, with Zircon securing the victory.
» It was now time for Mount Lanakila and the Elite Four.
» Once I was at the peak, I entered the league and started with Molayne. Aluminium and Caesium were the main contributors, but Copper helped a bit too.
» Caesium single-handedly took care of Olivia.
» Acerola was smooth sailing until Palossand, which required a team effort to bring down.
» Kahili was mostly handled by Copper, but Aluminium, Zircon and Chromium also put in some work.
» Hau didn't give me as much trouble as I thought, which was nice. After defeating him, I was crowned Champion!

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

magnezone.gif

Chromium the Magnezone – Lv 60 @Amulet Coin
Bashful / Magnet Pull
Tri Attack, Flash Cannon, Discharge, Thunder Wave

golisopod.gif

Titanium the Golisopod ♂ - Lv 59 @Silver Powder
Timid / Emergency Exit
Liquidation, Poison Jab, Leech Life, First Impression

skarmory.gif