• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying Pokemon to find/catch?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Ralts in the Gen III games. It was such a pain to find because of its rarity. I really wanted Ralts, so I refused to leave Route 102 until I caught one.

Years
  • Ralts in the Gen III games. It was such a pain to find because of its rarity. I really wanted Ralts, so I refused to leave Route 102 until I caught one.

Ah yeah dat Ralts, I remember the pain I had to go through just to get one. However, stuff like Surskit and Kecleon was just as painful due to their annoying 1% encounter rates, I despise that rate in general.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2015
    Feebas in 3rd gen, roamers in every other one.
    I hate roamers, they're a huge waste of time. Luckily in XY you don't have to "OMG A ROAMER, QUICK, MEGAVOLVE GENGAR HYPNOSIS!!11" every time you run into them. But I *hated* the legendary dogs in G/S.

Years
  • Yeah, I hated roaming Pokémon as well. For some reason, in HGSS, fleeing would be at the bottom of the priority chart, so if you were slower you could status the legendary beasts before they would flee (i've tested it before, it has been that way; why it's like that in HGSS but not the Sinnoh games is beyond me). Thankfully, in BW2, you don't have ANY of that to worry about.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've always hated those roaming/fleeing Pokémon too. Who thought that was a good idea?

Years
  • There's actually a few that come to mind, but they're actually evolutions.. and they're pretty much the things you need to trade for.. but Public Enemy #1, as it were is...

Escaviler and Accelgor (or whatever they're spelled) .. I seriously don't know why they have to over complicate things like this. To this day, I haven't even evolved either Karrablast or Shelmet because of it's restrictive rules.. and I'm pretty sure, more times than not, people pass up the pre-forms and don't have them on hand. Then you gotta find a friend you trust to trade with.. it's just a total pain in the ass.

Honorable mentions go to Hitmontop, Gorebiss, Huntail, Porygon2 and Z, Magmortor, Electrivire, and Rhyperior

Years
  • There's actually a few that come to mind, but they're actually evolutions.. and they're pretty much the things you need to trade for.. but Public Enemy #1, as it were is...

Escaviler and Accelgor (or whatever they're spelled) .. I seriously don't know why they have to over complicate things like this. To this day, I haven't even evolved either Karrablast or Shelmet because of it's restrictive rules.. and I'm pretty sure, more times than not, people pass up the pre-forms and don't have them on hand. Then you gotta find a friend you trust to trade with.. it's just a total pain in the ass.

Honorable mentions go to Hitmontop, Gorebiss, Huntail, Porygon2 and Z, Magmortor, Electrivire, and Rhyperior

Yeah I despise trade evolutions in general. If I don't have a second of the handheld I'm using or not able to wi-fi trade (which is still cursing me even as of X/Y) it effectively rules out any Pokemon that requires trading to evolve to be on my team. Due to me not having a second 3DS or the compatible wi-fi, my poor Swirlix will never evolve.

Shelmet/Karrablast definitely has to be the most annoying trade evolution out there since you need to trade them with each other.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    For me it was a male Litleo. God those things are darn near impossible to get in the wild. Luckily a friend of mine traded me one.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Raikou and Entei in FR/LG. They take some time and patience to track down but even more patience to capture! Also, if either Raikou or Entei use Roar they vanish from the game completely, so you'd have to reset... I'd track, weaken and repeat until they're in the red zone with a status condition, then use Wobbuffet to trap it and chuck Pokeballs until capture, it takes quiet a while though!

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • For me it would have to be Feebas. I have never been able to get this pokemon. Idk why but I've always had so many issues with it. Even more so then roaming pokemon.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Another Pokemon I'd like to mention is Tauros in FR/LG, it is way too annoying!
    4% chance to find in the Safari Zone (area 3), almost always after your first attempt to catch it, it runs away! *sigh*

Years
  • I remember Feebas being hard for me.

I'll also say the legendary dogs from GSC, too. I'm reaaally not a big fan of roaming Pokémon.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Chansey in the original Red and Blue games.

I hated trying to track them down in the safari zone and then throw rocks at it and pray that it wouldn't run away so that I could have a chance at even hitting it with a Pokeball.

I've hated Chansey ever since the beginning because of everything I had to go through to try and catch it way back then.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Dude. Feebas in Gen 3 and 4. I was lucky in gen 4, but i still don't have one in gen 3.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • In my Y version so far the only Pokémon I have had trouble catching was Eevee.
    I was near to giving up with very few Pokéballs left but I didn't think I'd run into a wild female Eevee again.
    I was also having a hard time finding a Ralts on Route 4.. I didn't bother after receiving one from wonder trade though :)

Back