• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Status Problem?

Years
    Whenever you battle a trainer, or any Pokemon for that matter, you could be at risk for obtaining a Status Problem. These include becoming Poisoned, Paralyzed, Frozen, Confused, Burned, or put to Sleep.

My question to you is which one of these Status Problems do you find the most annoying?

I find Confusion the most annoying, because my Pokemon always hit themselves when I need them most >.>

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Paralyzing.

As least Sleep and Confusion wear off, this little bugger doesn't <.<

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Sleep because you are pretty much helpless enless you are able to heal the status.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I got completely Sleep haxed the other day, so right now, I'm a big sleep hater.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    The confusion AND paralyzing combo various trainers use. It is just simply annoying. Espically in a Wi-fi battle because you cannot use items (unless in B/W) But seriously, that is the worst combo of status'.

Years
    Of the main status problems, the most annoying is Paralysis, due to the fact that it never stops. But combined with Infatuation, You get about a 40% change to attack each turn, and with Confusion in play, I think you have a 10% chance to attack. If I'm wrong then just correct me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Paralyze for me, folowed closely by Confusion. The Speed drop when paralyzed really seems to cripple my team more than the Confusion backlash.

Which is why I hate the Static ability with a passion.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Being asleep/confused for 4 turns, being paralyzed and confused at the same time and infatuation in tandem with other statuses are what really annoy me.

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I too hate Confusion the most not only because you do damage to yourself, but because I never seem to be able to avoid it even when i try. :/

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Paralysis. Freaking paralysis. D< *has a personal vendetta against paralysis*

The Red Chain

Freeze, because you can't do anything until it thaws. This somewhat goes for sleep too but it feels like sleep wears off faster.

At least with paralysis and confusion you still have a chance of attacking. Confusion can be rid by switching out too.
    With freeze you're left sitting there waiting for what feels like forever taking damage like crazy especailly in Wifi.
    I swear Wifi is the ONLY place it happens to me too, never in-game. D<

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i would say paralysis. its annoying and doesnt go away. after that i would say sleep/frozen just because u cant do anything

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
    Going by experience rather than numbers and statistics:

ATTRACT. I mean, sure, you didn't list it, but it is my bane. I'm glad it doesn't come up all that often, if at all, as it always works against me. Using it myself is the usual hit-or-miss though, but I certainly wouldn't mind using it if I can.

CONFUSION takes a close second, and it's much more common. I have no luck with it with some of my team, so I just switch out Pokemon or use Confuse Ray right off the bat. :U

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Sleep because you're stuck with it unless you cure or wait for it to wear off, or poison because it still does damage outside of battle.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Gotta' be paralysis, speed decrease usually messes up my strategy -_- Close second though is probably confusion, dont ask, %^£%ing Zubats.

Back