• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most frustrating moment?

Years
    I have a new frustration and that is training in Poni Plains.

The wild Pokemon there are absolutely evil and show no mercy - you have Gumshoos running Thrash, Hyper Fang, Rest and Super Fang. Raticate with Sucker Punch, Endeavor, Super Fang (I hate that move now) and Double-Edge. Hypno running two STAB Psychic moves, along with Nasty Plot and Swagger to annoy you. But the worst of all is those goddamn scary Tauros, packing Zen Headbutt, Swagger (remember I hate getting confused) and the two most dangerous Normal STAB moves in the world - Take Down and Thrash. In fact, the only easy opponents I find there are Trumbeak, Petilil and Miltank.

It's the Tauros that seem to always murder my entire team during these training sessions, and has caused me to extremely hate Thrash with a burning passion. The move reminds me so much of someone who's extremely angry and going on a rampage, which is exactly what the image of Tauros is meant to be.

Face it, training there is going to be a hard time since there's nowhere else good to train.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Generally Wonder Trade. Hasn't changed since 6th.

I usually just release the garbage I receive. Better filter the system despite more and more people putting in random trash.

EDIT: I actually just stumbled across another frustrating moment. Today I realized that the Zygarde I built with Power Construct is permanent. Thankfully I gave it a Jolly nature as I wanted to test Synchronize but nevertheless, losing Aura Break is awful. Rendered that Zygarde unable to be used in standard OU games.

Last edited:

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    Generally Wonder Trade. Hasn't changed since 6th.

I usually just release the garbage I receive. Better filter the system despite more and more people putting in random trash.

EDIT: I actually just stumbled across another frustrating moment. Today I realized that the Zygarde I built with Power Construct is permanent. Thankfully I gave it a Jolly nature as I wanted to test Synchronize but nevertheless, losing Aura Break is awful. Rendered that Zygarde unable to be used in standard OU games.

Yup Wonder Trade is full of trolls. For me the totem Lurantis was such a pain it kept spamming healing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    When you find a Pok?mon in the GTS that you want to trade, and then you find out it's already gone. Off course this repeats 10 times in a row...

Years
    Having the GTS full of unfair trade such as level 1 to 10 dragonite wanted or UB and so on.
    Oh well kinda sad GF didn't fix GTS...

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    The rematch against Lusamine, seriously two of her pokemon have healing moves. I had to turn the game off and I need to grind a few more levels. Jeez Game Freak just because everyone thought gen 6 was easy does not mean you have to make gen 7 harder.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Having the GTS full of unfair trade such as level 1 to 10 dragonite wanted or UB and so on.
    Oh well kinda sad GF didn't fix GTS...
    A level 1 to 10 dragonite, you won't find it on the GTS, Dragonite evolves around level 55. As a matter of fact the GTS improved a lot, now it only contains Pok?mon that theoretically only exists. So, no shiny locked Pok?mon that appear as a shiny. The count of hacked Pok?mon certainly went down. However they didn't disappear.

To come back to you're original intention on this post. Their are a lot of people that are a bit to greedy and they don't give a proper offer to exchange for. Well, those people will not get anything in return. So, people with a lot of patience wait until the greedy ones start to panic, and start to do it in reverse. You regularly see unrealistic offers, Like a Solgaleo that is holding a Gold Bottle Cap and he simply asks for Sableye or for a Happiny of whatever level.
    Anyway if someone wants to trade a zubat for an UB, I won't do it. But if the zubat is holding a Gold Bottle Cap, then we've got a deal.
    The important rare items can easily force a trade, like a lucky egg or a gold Bottle Cap.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    Recently getting perma stunned by confuse-ray paralyze combo on my 49 super singles.

Even after the paralyze nerf... sigh...

Years
    A level 1 to 10 dragonite, you won't find it on the GTS, Dragonite evolves around level 55. As a matter of fact the GTS improved a lot, now it only contains Pok?mon that theoretically only exists. So, no shiny locked Pok?mon that appear as a shiny. The count of hacked Pok?mon certainly went down. However they didn't disappear.

To come back to you're original intention on this post. Their are a lot of people that are a bit to greedy and they don't give a proper offer to exchange for. Well, those people will not get anything in return. So, people with a lot of patience wait until the greedy ones start to panic, and start to do it in reverse. You regularly see unrealistic offers, Like a Solgaleo that is holding a Gold Bottle Cap and he simply asks for Sableye or for a Happiny of whatever level.
    Anyway if someone wants to trade a zubat for an UB, I won't do it. But if the zubat is holding a Gold Bottle Cap, then we've got a deal.
    The important rare items can easily force a trade, like a lucky egg or a gold Bottle Cap.

So far the only thing It was good to get from GTS is appricorn ball pokemon, other than that you can still put any pokemon and asking for a 1 to 10 level final evolution! ( I did put on GTs a moon ball cutiefly and ask for a 1 to 10 dragonite...take it back just because I wanted to see if they really did improve the GTS.)

In the end, I'm not gonna be surprise when the pokebank gonna be available, It will have the same GTS offer we seen in BW/BW2 and X/Y.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    So far the only thing It was good to get from GTS is appricorn ball pokemon, other than that you can still put any pokemon and asking for a 1 to 10 level final evolution! ( I did put on GTs a moon ball cutiefly and ask for a 1 to 10 dragonite...take it back just because I wanted to see if they really did improve the GTS.)

In the end, I'm not gonna be surprise when the pokebank gonna be available, It will have the same GTS offer we seen in BW/BW2 and X/Y.

I did a little research, an it is possible to catch a level 10 Dragonite with SOS, but it doesn't go lower. So, if you get a level 5 Dragonite, then I take my words back. Off course I will send a complain to the GTS.
    But I noticed a bit of improvement, you can't for example find a Magearna on the GTS. And I haven't seen any shiny Tapu's or so.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    The most frustrating moment in Sun/Moon for me was fishing for Pokemon for the dex:

- All the fishing spots seem to have nothing but Magikarp. I got lucky and found a Dhelmise and bred it giving away the hatchlings for most of the other rare fishing finds on GTS.
    - However I still had to spend nearly an hour fishing for Sharpedo in bubbling spots on the coast. Why make everything so rare Gamefreak?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The most frustrating moment in Sun/Moon for me was fishing for Pokemon for the dex:

- All the fishing spots seem to have nothing but Magikarp. I got lucky and found a Dhelmise and bred it giving away the hatchlings for most of the other rare fishing finds on GTS.
    - However I still had to spend nearly an hour fishing for Sharpedo in bubbling spots on the coast. Why make everything so rare Gamefreak?

Then you haven't tried to find a Kangaskhan? Those are rare (1% find change, with SOS it is a bit higher, but still difficult to find.) Fishing at those bubbles has a 10 to 20% change, off course still difficult. Probably because the magikarp like you a lot, I know the feeling.

Zexonyte

Meteorite Piece
    Years
    Catching Tapu Koko was pretty frustrating. I didn't realize the game would be all, like, do it now! I didn't realize I wouldn't have a chance to save immediately before hand, so I neglected to do so at the bridge. The only status effect I could use was Stun Spore, so that was out. And I was too nervous to attack any further than what I had. It just took forever. Luckily it all worked out in the end. Tapu Fini was also pretty annoying with her stupid Aqua Ring. But there, I had the luxury of resetting if it didn't work out. It was basically one shot with Tapu Koko. I was also a bit annoyed about this with catching Lunala as well, but I was able to catch it without much problem, so I can't complain.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The cutscenes in the Alolan Pok?mon League are so extremely long.. Grinding there is a pain..

You've got them only the first time, the second time you're just kicked out the league after defending you're title.

Back