• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves Pokemon shouldn't be able to use, but can.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
  • Ever notice how some pokemon can inexplicably learn moves that they appear biologically incapable of doing? What are some of those moves, and how do you think it could use those moves? I personally don't get how Doduo/Dodrio use Steel Wing. I get how they can use Fly. They twist their necks together, release, then they're off like a helicopter. But how do they use Steel Wing? Do they harden their heads and slap the foe with them?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Ever notice how some pokemon can inexplicably learn moves that they appear biologically incapable of doing? What are some of those moves, and how do you think it could use those moves? I personally don't get how Doduo/Dodrio use Steel Wing. I get how they can use Fly. They twist their necks together, release, then they're off like a helicopter. But how do they use Steel Wing? Do they harden their heads and slap the foe with them?

I don't think the way you described how Doduo/Dodrio using Fly is likely. It's more how they can jump long distances.

Anyway, I don't think that Cryogonal should have Attract. It's genderless and Attract used by or on genderless Pokemon will fail.

Years
  • If you think about it, a lot of them don't "make sense." For example, a small bird like Pidgey using fly to fly a human being between cities.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • If you think about it, a lot of them don't "make sense." For example, a small bird like Pidgey using fly to fly a human being between cities.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

That image basically sums up Pokémon Logic.

One thing I've noticed "Zubat used Mean Look"

Zubat doesn't have eyes.............

Years
  • Anyway, I don't think that Cryogonal should have Attract. It's genderless and Attract used by or on genderless Pokemon will fail.

Definitely this, I don't even get why this thing and Mew learn it. Well Mew can learn any TM but Cryogonal can never use Attract well because it never works on genderless Pokemon. And one that also confused me for a long time is Skuntank learning Flamethrower despite not even being a Fire-type. I don't get what a Fire move has to do with a skunk, but it's odd.

Elixir.

Fly Away
    Years
  • I'm confused about many Normal-type Pokemon, such as Furret and Snorlax being able to use Solarbeam, Blizzard, Thunder, Shadow Ball, etc.

Sirfetch’d

I've always found it weird that Vullaby can learn Fly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2014
    This is not related to moves, but to types. Gyarados - Water/Flying is just too weird.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • I don't get how Tauros can learn surf. My friend taught it to his Tauros and called it his water buffalo. Maybe that's the connection, but to me it doesn't make sense.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHA.

I dont understand how Weavile can use surf. And what about Rhydon..?
    Like what the hell.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Genesect is able to learn Flamethrower via TM35.

>genesect is able to learn Flamethrower
    >GENESECT IS ABLE TO LEARN FLAMETHROWER
    >GENESECT. IS. ABLE. TO. LEARN. FLAMETHROWER

How can it learn Flamethrower? Not only it's Bug/Steel-type, but how can it produce those flames?

Also, Gyarados cannot learn Fly, yet Pidgey and Spearow can.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Genesect is able to learn Flamethrower via TM35.

>genesect is able to learn Flamethrower
    >GENESECT IS ABLE TO LEARN FLAMETHROWER
    >GENESECT. IS. ABLE. TO. LEARN. FLAMETHROWER

How can it learn Flamethrower? Not only it's Bug/Steel-type, but how can it produce those flames?

Also, Gyarados cannot learn Fly, yet Pidgey and Spearow can.

Maybe the cannon thing on top of its body..?

Pidgey & Spearow have wings... The idea that they can carry a Pokemon trainer is different. However, We have never seen a small bird carry one in the anime

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • Most Pokemon that can learn moves that aren't of their type confuse me.
    Like Nidking and Nidoqueen, for example, and how they can learn things like surf, thunderbolt, ice beam, etc... How do they produce things like electricity and ice. When they surf, how are they not hurt by the water?

Pokemon logic is weird sometimes.

Years
  • Digglet can learn sucker punch and it have no arms... find that a bit weird.

I do have to admit that Diglett and Dugtrio's moveset often irked me, I mean that thing learns Cut and a few other slashing moves yet the only part of its body we can see easily is its head.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I can't believe that Mew and Smeargle can learn Pluck, let alone all the other TMs. I thought Pluck was exclusive to birds.

Also, why does Pupitar learn Crunch when it doesn't have a mouth? and how does Golurk Fly when it doesn't have wings?

Back