• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Wondering if this is a decent in-game team for where I am at in the game and how I could improve! I am keeping my HMs where they are at though as this is an in-game team used for in-game obviously and exploring! Please send answers via private message as I might forget to check back unless you quote this! Please note that I did not IV breed or EV train so I wont even list those, instead I will just post their stats for their current level! Currently just about to enter the 7th Gym, the Psychic one! Let me know what you think:
    Like I said before, as far as in-game purposes go, your team is fine besides Malamar's Cut.

If you used this team in Battle Spot (which is one place for competitive battles) you will probably not do well. Your team would need to be bred with the right natures and abilities (and egg moves, in some cases), EV trained, and have good movesets in order to succeed online.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I want to know as many viable movesets with Togekiss. Several of them, so I can debate which ones to make. Especially one set to be a defogger and one to be heal bell cleric.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I want to know as many viable movesets with Togekiss. Several of them, so I can debate which ones to make. Especially one set to be a defogger and one to be heal bell cleric.

The below set can fulfill only one role of Defogger and cleric, so which one of those you need more is up to you:
    -Thunder Wave
    -Air Slash
    -Roost
    -Defog/Heal Bell
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace

Here's a stall breaking set that also has the option to go the cleric route:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Air Slash
    -Roost
    -Aura Sphere/Dazzling Gleam/Heal Bell
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    Aegislash: Can he be bulkly with an Adamant nature or are def boosted natures best regardless.

Yes. Although I would recommend a defense reducing nature simply because I prefer mixed Aegislash with WEakness Policy to the physical Aegislash. However, if you'd like you could still use the Swords Dance variant if you'd like.

BTW Aegislash should always be bulky. Don't ever invest in Speed for it unless you're running the Automize set which I wouldn't recommend.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Here is an odd question and hope I get some really cool answers! Well, I had to start a new game after catching a Xerneas with -SPATK nature and best evs in hp, def and spdef and wasnt thinking and saved my game! UGH! Well anyway, just started a new game, picked Fennekin this time and would REALLY love to add a serene grace dunsparce to my team since he can be caught early but I need some help with a decent moveset for him as I would really love to use him! Any tips on what I can do? Maybe someone could supply an egg of dunsparce with headbutt as an egg move? If not its okay, but how can I make him a valuable part of my team? Is it possible to make him the MVP? Would love to run with guy but need some input asap!

Thanks so much!

- UB3R_N00B

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Here is an odd question and hope I get some really cool answers! Well, I had to start a new game after catching a Xerneas with -SPATK nature and best evs in hp, def and spdef and wasnt thinking and saved my game! UGH! Well anyway, just started a new game, picked Fennekin this time and would REALLY love to add a serene grace dunsparce to my team since he can be caught early but I need some help with a decent moveset for him as I would really love to use him! Any tips on what I can do? Maybe someone could supply an egg of dunsparce with headbutt as an egg move? If not its okay, but how can I make him a valuable part of my team? Is it possible to make him the MVP? Would love to run with guy but need some input asap!

Thanks so much!

- UB3R_N00B

The only way to get Headbutt on to Dunsparce is to breed it on to it. And just putting this out there, but Togekiss does paraflinch abuse better because of its better overall bulk. But if you want to use Dunsparce, this is the best it can do:
    -Coil
    -Body Slam (Gen III move tutor only)/Glare (egg move)
    -Headbutt/Rock Slide
    -Roost
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    This is for ingame use so no egg moves or whatever as ill catch it on route 3 or something so whats best from there with him?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    I know a - nature is usually best for Aegislash, but I dont want to breed him to handle trick room since it doesnt seem to be as rampant as it once was.

What would be the best non - nature Aegislash right now? Currently I have an adamant.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    What would be the best non - nature Aegislash right now? Currently I have an adamant.
    We would go with a specially aligned Aegislash (with Shadow Sneak) because it is less suspectible to WoW and Intimidate. Quiet is the way to go unless you want to be faster than other Aegislash, in which case you should stick to Modest.

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    We would go with a specially aligned Aegislash (with Shadow Sneak) because it is less suspectible to WoW and Intimidate. Quiet is the way to go unless you want to be faster than other Aegislash, in which case you should stick to Modest.

Guess I could use a special anyway. My team would be vulnerable to WoW. Even if I place in safeguard its only good five turns.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    How can I make this better? I've tried putting Taunt on Whimsicott and I have replaced Garchomp with Heatran/Scizor/Heracross/Aggron/Azumarill/Aegislash. Without the Toxic/Leech Seed combo I am unable to kill the stronger bulky Pokemon and they take out Huntail before I can Baton Pass. Shell Smash M.Garchomp works out a lot better than those Pokemon listed above.

Whimsicott w/Focus Sash
    - Encore
    - Memento
    - Toxic
    - Leech Seed

Huntail w/White Herb
    - Waterfall
    - Body Slam
    - Shell Smash
    - Baton Pass

M.Garchomp
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Flamethrower

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    How can I make this better? I've tried putting Taunt on Whimsicott and I have replaced Garchomp with Heatran/Scizor/Heracross/Aggron/Azumarill/Aegislash. Without the Toxic/Leech Seed combo I am unable to kill the stronger bulky Pokemon and they take out Huntail before I can Baton Pass. Shell Smash M.Garchomp works out a lot better than those Pokemon listed above.

Whimsicott w/Focus Sash
    - Encore
    - Memento
    - Toxic
    - Leech Seed

Huntail w/White Herb
    - Waterfall
    - Body Slam
    - Shell Smash
    - Baton Pass

M.Garchomp
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Flamethrower
    There's no need for Focus Sash on Whimsicott, as it can take a physical hit or two with investment in Defense:
    -Encore
    -U-turn
    -Memento
    -Stun Spore/Tailwind
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Ability: Prankster

Seriously, use Gorebyss over Huntail as a Shell Smash passer; it has better offensive presence (higher Special Attack than Huntail's Attack, as well as stronger Water STABs in Surf):
    -Shell Smash
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Ice Beam/Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: White Herb/Lum Berry
    Ability: Swift Swim

Mega Garchomp is meant for wall breaking purposes. Your current set doesn't make the most of that fact, as Dragon Claw and Flamethrower lack power compared to Draco Meteor and Fire Blast:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire Blast
    Nature: Naughty
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Garchompite

Take note that Mega Garchomp is best used with Tyranitar or Hippowdon, as Sand Force is useless outside of sandstorm. Black Kyurem is the next best thing:
    -Ice Beam
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Earth Power
    -Outrage/Roost
    Nature: Mild/Rash
    EVs: 56 Atk/252 SAtk/200 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Outrage
    -Ice Beam
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Iron Head/Earth Power/Dragon Claw
    Nature: Naughty/Lonely
    EVs: 252 Atk/56 SAtk/200 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Substitute
    -Ice Beam
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Earth Power
    Nature: Mild/Rash
    EVs: 56 HP/252 SAtk/200 Spe

or
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Ice Beam/Iron Head
    Nature: Naughty/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/32 SAtk/224 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

or
    -Outrage
    -Ice Beam
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Iron Head/Dragon Claw
    Nature: Naughty/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/56 SAtk/200 Spe
    Item: Choice Band

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    Can't Use Team in Battle Spot?

I've tried multiple things, but it doesn't want to let my team into Battle Spot, despite getting through Bank. Yes, they are hacked and if anyone can find the problem with this team that is denying it access, please tell me. None have any IVs higher than 31 and the EV total is 510.

Jolly Gallade (Justified)
    Psycho Cut
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Night Slash

Timid Gardevoir (Synchronize)
    Shadow Ball
    Dazzling Gleam
    Calm Mind
    Psychic

Timid Espeon (Synchronize)
    Baton Pass
    Calm Mind
    Substitute
    Psychic

Impish Skarmory (Sturdy)
    Roost
    Stealth Rock
    Whirlwind
    Drill Peck

Adamant Metagross (Clear Body)
    Earthquake
    Meteor Mash
    Sleep Talk
    Rest

Adamant Luxray (Intimidate)
    Spark
    Crunch
    Return
    Ice Fang

If anyone can find the problem, please tell me. Thanks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I've tried multiple things, but it doesn't want to let my team into Battle Spot, despite getting through Bank. Yes, they are hacked and if anyone can find the problem with this team that is denying it access, please tell me. None have any IVs higher than 31 and the EV total is 510.

Jolly Gallade (Justified)
    Psycho Cut
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Night Slash

Timid Gardevoir (Synchronize)
    Shadow Ball
    Dazzling Gleam
    Calm Mind
    Psychic

Timid Espeon (Synchronize)
    Baton Pass
    Calm Mind
    Substitute
    Psychic

Impish Skarmory (Sturdy)
    Roost
    Stealth Rock
    Whirlwind
    Drill Peck

Adamant Metagross (Clear Body)
    Earthquake
    Meteor Mash
    Sleep Talk
    Rest

Adamant Luxray (Intimidate)
    Spark
    Crunch
    Return
    Ice Fang

This is probably because your Pokemon were all hacked in the first place. There's a hack checker that determines whether or not your Pokemon can take part in Battle Spot.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

.....Are any of them holding the same item?

Also, it may have to do with how they were hacked. Some hacked pokemon can make it through the Battle Spot's hack check; my Hydreigon was created via PokeGen or something in 5th gen and it can used in Battle Spot. But idk, I'm not hack expert.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    What about outspeed other pranksters?
    Usually this is too much of a hassle because you divert too valuable EVs to account for a situational encounter. Better stick with more bulk unless you have spare points (you usually don't have).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back