• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • I have questions for everybody!

For those of you who are still living at home: What do you look forward to most about moving out of home?

For those of you who have moved out of home: What do you miss the most about living at home?

Those of you who have previously lived out of home but are now back at home can answer both questions :P

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • I look forward to the Independence I will receive from this, I'm moving out in about a week, and I'm absolutely psyched about it!
    I want to also see how life is, to be living on your own.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Technically I've experienced the independence of living on my own, but returning to my parents house was the worst decision I've made, but they need me here for a reason, apparently.

But yeah, what I look forward the next time I move out is basically independence and freedom, as Drakow mentioned. The freedom to express yourself, do things on your own time, etc! That's what I had when I lived in San Diego and hopefully soon I'll have it back. :)

Sirfetch’d

I am ready to have independence, but I am not looking forward to having to pay my bills. lol.

Years
  • I miss the convenience of having a washer and dryer right there in the house. I hate always have to go outside and walk up and down stairs to get to the only washer which is in use half the time. A dishwasher also made cleaning up after meals really easy by comparison. I miss those time savers.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • For those of you who are still living at home: What do you look forward to most about moving out of home?

I used to live at home until I came to Australia for my studies, so I looked forward to the independence living alone would bring, and also the challenges of looking after myself such as doing my own grocery shopping and laundry as well as cooking without having my parents keeping an eye on me 24/7.

For those of you who have moved out of home: What do you miss the most about living at home?

I miss the fact that you'll always have food on the table prepared for you every night without having to worry too much about it, the comforts of my own bed in my own room and most importantly, the company and love of my family. That can never be replaced. <3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Synerjee pretty much said it all... sometimes there are things you cannot possibly learn until you're forced into the situation, and a lot of those things come from living alone. I'm still living at home right now and admittedly, I wouldn't know how to handle my part time job and my studies if it's not for parents handling all the cooking/groceries for me. Also, out of rent/tuition, I can only handle one of the 2, so the natural choice is to stay at home and pay my tuitions by myself.

TheCollector

Merely a collector
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    I live alone since several years back. What I miss the most is also what I like the most; no one else is around all the time. This provides a sense of being alone sometimes and being on my own (in a positive manner) sometimes.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • 2) Seeing my family.
    Not having to worry about bills like council tax, when to turn on the heating/ if the boiler breaks/ house maintenance..
    :c having to knock on the neighbours' door to help me replace the fire alarm battery because even with a chair and a countertop I can't reach it myself..
    etc.

Years
  • For those of you who are still living at home: being away from my parents
    Well, yeah, a bit. I love them, but I can't stand them. And I'm sure I'll miss them once I'm away.
    I've been pretty much cooped up at home for most my life, so I really want to see the real world. Whenever I listen to my friends about all their amazing experiences outside of our small town, or watch TV shows about other places, I realize that I've been living in a very smothered version of reality. It's no one's fault but mine, but my parents can be overwhelming about it sometimes.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    I'm pretty mixed about moving out. I know I'll have to do it eventually, but in a sense, independence kind of scares me. I don't know what to expect when I'll live alone, and of course, I don't know if I'll be stable enough financially to live on my own.

Of course, these are all nothing but fears of the actual unknown, but the huge benefit is setting your own schedule for things without anyone(family members) bothering you about it or anything. So at the same time, I'm looking forward to it.

Fuyuki~

Banned
    Years
  • I both look forward to and don't look forward to moving out. I'll like the freedom to do what I want but I'll also have to support myself and don't have anyone to like, pay the bills or whatever.

You know. With independence comes responsibility.

Years
  • 1) I look forward to being away from my parents. As much as I love them, they can drive me insane, and not living in close quarters with them all the time will fix that. Hopefully. So yeah, just independence and separation are what I'm looking forward to!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Just the fact that I will be independent, and that I could do whatever I wanted in my new home.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im still living at home and the thing I wil look forward to moving out? My own life. To live the way I want, not on anyone else's schedule, my life, my rules and just having my own place. Privacy is also a nice thing you get living alone, no one barging in at any time. Just my place to have how I like it and live an independent life.

Years
  • The food. I'm not so great about making meals. My parents were always so good at it. We all ate at the table and had fun times and tasty food. I cannot replicate that at all here. :(

It's sad that I miss that even more than not having to pay bills...

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Don't miss much other than family I guess! I quite like having so much freedom. If I move again (which I might be) it'll be my third time in 2 months, or so, depending on when/if I do. Currently I live in my own apartment in Capitol city here. While it's pretty nice to have my own place, I think it's also pretty cool to be living with some friends. So I think I'll be doing that soon.

One thing I do actually miss about home, more so my city, is knowing it so well. I don't know this one quite so much, and I don't have my car here. Overall though I love having my independence, and living away from home has made me a much happier person.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • I love my family a lot but i always wondered how would my life be away from them!...something about me,i don't like to deal with people,i don't like when they stare at me however i don't care but i just hate when i have to deal with others..i keep my live closed with the people who are already in but i want to take the risk to see what i really can do while depending on myself!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back