• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Years
  • ok i placed the ini in pge that Icco shared
    no change...

and i dont get much of an what the problem is report either
    opening pokemon editor

[qoute]
    unhandled exception has occurred in your applocation. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. ifyou click quit, the application wil close immediately

conversion from string "" to type 'double' is not valid[/qoute]

Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uw75cacuwmqeatv/MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.5a.ini?dl=0

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • nope did not work...

well the text under details dont tell me anything, but maybe someone can use it

Spoiler:

Years
  • nope did not work...

well the text under details dont tell me anything, but maybe someone can use it

Spoiler:

Download PGE 3.7
    Put your rom (already patched) and the ini i have posted in the same folder.
    Rename both files with the same name (like rombase.gba and rombase.ini).
    Check if it works.

KingJay

That Guy
    Years
  • In order to maximise compatibility with G3HS, I have changed the name of the rom from BPRE to MrDS, this means it WILL NOT WORK in any romhacking tool except for G3HS UNLESS you change it back AFTER opening it in G3HS!

To do this open the rom up in a Hex Editor and change the bytes at 0x0000AC to say BPRE and NOT MrDS.

Can someone help me with this? I'm totally new to this and lost. I'm trying to use Helpless Trainer Editor, so I assume I'm going to have to do whatever is being described here to make it work. I open my patched Rom in the Cygnus hex editor, but I don't see anything that he's talking about. I don't see anything for 0x0000AC, I don't see anything that says MrDS, I have no idea what to actually do here.

Can someone please help guide me through this?

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • Download PGE 3.7
    Put your rom (already patched) and the ini i have posted in the same folder.
    Rename both files with the same name (like rombase.gba and rombase.ini).
    Check if it works.

that worked ^^
    wondering if i can expend the amount of evolutions i can use in pge?
    i am planning to include all known eeveelutions and 3 fakemon ones of own design, but seems pge only has up to 5 evolution slots..
    (pge is actually with this the first tool i ever got to work with dollpatch now, the others dont work with it at all as far as i can see)
    EDIT: found it in the ini
    now just to figure out how to add more evolution types, move based ones
    pretty sure i can find something on the forum somewhere

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    Just opened in a hex editor, and find the code and paste the numbers and... my hack dont open... ¬¬

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    Now thanks to Familia Werneck providing me with a save file I have FINALLY fixed the Day-care bug.
    It seems to be corruption caused by G3HS regarding the Egg Move Table. So I would recommend people to not use this feature of the tool.

Navigate to 25F7F2 in your rom and paste in this section of bytes:

Code:
    00 00 00 0C 01 11 05 0F 08 00 20 5A 41 08 00 00 00 00 
    20 5A 41 08 01 00 00 00 C8 61 41 08 05 00 00 00
    FC F7 25 08 ED 7A 10 08 B5 69 04 08 03 00 03 00 
    00 02 08 00 20 31 01 03 3C E3 41 08 61 E3 41 08 
    7C E3 41 08 A8 E3 41 08 FE FF 60 6F 8B FF F4 4B 
    28 25 72 4E DE 6B 9D 53 19 43 2F 27 4D 2A 1C 00 
    1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 1C 00 90 73 00 00
    I went to the address pasted the code and still buggy ...
    Enter the code manually and nothing to run the day-care
    Please, make a 1.6 of the patch with day-care fixed! xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    I'm pretty sure he abandoned this project and is working with Emerald now. He's determined to start from scratch on a brand new project so that he can give up on that halfway through and leave it a buggy mess as well instead of just finishing this like a person with common sense would do.

Bah! :/

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Why is there so much hate on this thread? I remember everyone loving and being thankful that such a base exists why is there so much hate for no reason? If you guys have a problem with this patch ask people for help to fix the bugs or figure it out on your own if you guys want a 1.6 patch fix the bugs and then ask MRDS if you can upload it to the thread

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I went to the address pasted the code and still buggy ...
    Enter the code manually and nothing to run the day-care
    Please, make a 1.6 of the patch with day-care fixed! xD

You have to click CTRL B not CTRL V.

Do we need to wait for a new update someday or you don't plan any ?

I was planning on making a proper update with new features, but I don't think I will in the end, as I have moved over to Emerald.

Regarding the bugs, most of the game breaking bugs have already been fixed, and those are linked on the original post. Regarding making a 1.6 patch, I suppose if its something demand, the fixes at least I don't really have a problem with that, I'm just very busy and would rather, if I am to spend time hacking, to spend it on the Emerald Battle Engine Update or Pokemon Apollo.

The build I currently have is a somewhat completed 1.6, ie. with the majority of the bugs fixed, but also with some new incomplete moves and features introduced, so it's not really worth releasing. I attempted to add the new Pokeballs but the code wasn't working and removing it is a hassle.

Also I realise that people may be impatient to wait further, and as I know a few people have been wanting to know where various routines are located to replace them (sorry Exodrake I did mean to get around to releasing it earlier) so here is the list of insert locations for the various ASM routines. I will also be adding this to the OP under the Download link. Additionally the general Rombase table offsets has been added there too so that expanding the Soundproof, Bulletproof and Overcoat tables is easier. If I do get around to releasing 1.5b or 1.6 or whatever it will end up being called these will also be included.

If anyone using this information is able to find the fix for any bugs, that would be much appreciated, as more and more seem to be popping up everyday!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Hi MrDollSteak your patch is awesome and I had a question for if you're doing an update that are you going to add the Repel system from BW2. And also are you going to do the next update when the next pokemon game sun and moon come out.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Hi MrDollSteak your patch is awesome and I had a question for if you're doing an update that are you going to add the Repel system from BW2. And also are you going to do the next update when the next pokemon game sun and moon come out.

Don't think I will add the repel system. I cannot promise an update by the time Sun and Moon come out. I am discontinuing this project in terms of new features. The only thing I will eventually release is as many bug fixes as can be found. In the mean time as bug fixes come in I will just be adding them to the OP.

Javacola2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2016
    Don't think I will add the repel system. I cannot promise an update by the time Sun and Moon come out. I am discontinuing this project in terms of new features. The only thing I will eventually release is as many bug fixes as can be found. In the mean time as bug fixes come in I will just be adding them to the OP.

Hey, we had talked a couple of years ago about the ability Imposter for Ditto. Do you still have that half figured out, and if so could you release what you have? I'd like to try to give a go at figuring it out myself if the project is being discontinued.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • I would like to know, what do you mean with AI is dumb in the bugs section?
    the ai only works well with effects that were already in the default game
    many people try to remedy this by branching new move effects off of a similar effect in the default section, and this is how many of the current effects were done
    there comes a time when this is simply too difficult/stupid to do, and this is where the new effects come in
    the ai doesn't know how to handle them, basically

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
    Years
  • the ai only works well with effects that were already in the default game
    many people try to remedy this by branching new move effects off of a similar effect in the default section, and this is how many of the current effects were done
    there comes a time when this is simply too difficult/stupid to do, and this is where the new effects come in
    the ai doesn't know how to handle them, basically

So they end up never using them or what? I mean, if I put Freeze Dry (not sure if implemented) on an enemy Pokemon, he will not use it against my water type?

Back