• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

BluRose

blu rass
Years
  • So they end up never using them or what? I mean, if I put Freeze Dry (not sure if implemented) on an enemy Pokemon, he will not use it against my water type?
    they end up using them, but not at the right times, if that makes sense
    an enemy trainer without modifications to the ai would not like to use freeze dry on a water type because it would believe it to be not very effective
    it would, however, use it on a ground/dragon/etc. type because it recognizes that it is super effective against it

Years
  • Sorry for the double post but you might want to know this. Anyway, only apply this if you've expanded the number of evos per mon.
    EVIOLITE FIX
    Take your number of evolutions per Pokemon and multiply that by 8. Convert that to hex, and put that number at 0x90C862 and 0x90C9CE.
    Go to 0x42F6C and copy four bytes from that offset. Navigate to 0x90C880 and 0x90C9EC and write those bytes over the pre-existing ones.

Explanation; the first part is a simple mov command, so yeah. The second one is you replacing a pointer to the old evo table, so if you happen to know your table of evos off the top of your head then you can write that to 0x90C880.

Last edited:

CapnCrunch

Captain
    Years
  • Hey, I know how to apply the patch. It's actually pretty simple. So, first you have to download the patch and there should be a folder called "G3HS ini". In this folder there's a text file. Open it and search for "[MrDS]". It's on the bottom of this file. Change it to "[0000]".
    Now, go to your Gen 3 Hacking Suite(the program's, NOT PATCH!) folder and replace the ORIGINAL "pokeroms.ini" file with the one you DOWNLOADED AND MODIFIED. If you did everything correctly, it should work.

Thank you very much! I read the other explanations on how to fix it, but none of them made sense.

Years
  • So for anyone who used my previous Hydration fix, use this instead because I accidentally made Hydration worse in every way except in rain last time. This time I actually tested it outside of rain, so have this instead.
    0x9094AE: 01 48 00 47 C0 46 [routine's offset + 1]
    Code:
    .thumb

.align 2
    start:
    	ldr r0, [r4, #0x4C]
    	cmp r0, #0
    	beq no_heal
    	ldr r0, weather
    	ldrh r0, [r0]
    	mov r1, #0x7
    	and r0, r1
    	cmp r0, #0
    	beq no_heal
    end:
    	ldr r4, return1
    	bx r4

no_heal:
    	ldr r4, return2
    	bx r4

.align 2
    weather: .word 0x02023F1C
    return1: .word 0x089094BE + 1
    return2: .word 0x0801BBC6 + 1

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2020
    Hey everyone! Sorry if this question is stupid, I know nothing about ROM hacking. My question is, how can I play this ROM base? I need to create a hack with this resource, or can I play it just patching on a clean Fire Red ROM?

Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2020
    Hi!Someone could patch this game for me? I do not know how to do it. I would appreciate forever

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • Am I the only one experiencing Magic Bounce error when a pokemon with magic bounce uses a status move? It will loop over and over again. Is there any fix on that?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Ok so I decided to try out making a hack and I tried opening my (patched) FireRed rom with G3HS and when I went to edit the moves an error message popped up that read:
    "Moves have not been fully loaded because there was on error. Either not enough moves were loaded due to bad numbers in the ini or the learned move data offset is bad/corrupted. The error occurred trying to read move #475. The current number of moves is: 354."
    I'm not too sure what did I forget/do wrong since the ini is updated.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • Can you be a bit more specific? I could fix it if you explained it in more detail.

For example, I have a Pokemon who has magic bounce. It used a move the sharply increases its special atk. After using, it "bounced" (loops) all over again

EDIT: It appears that the move loops when it is put at 0x1e7 (move table), ability effect 53 (sharply increases special atk). I tried on upper slots and it does not bounce back its own move.

Last edited:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Hello there. It's been 9 years since I last was on this section of PC.

To the point:
    Is this patch applied in a special way that I am not aware of? I applied both only 1.5 and 1.5 then 1.5a with Lunar IPS and GBata, and no emulator seems to run it right. All of the emulators for Android load the game but it has glitched text all over the place and crashes when the player whites out. VBA and NoCash don't even load the game. :s

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    hi, so after patching my clean Fire Red Rom then moving the G3HS INI, PGE INI, and UTE INI's to the right spots i have a problem when trying to load my rom in any of the programs. In G3HS and UTE the moves are not loaded and instead all just show up as "x"s

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2017
    How do I get this to work with PGE? I download it and use Lunar IPS on a clean version of fire red, but when I open it up I can't edit pokemon (it crashes) or open up NSE and look at anything higher than unknowns.

Years
  • Can't Edit Pokémons in PGE

I patched a clean fire red rom (USA) 1.0, inserted the new ini provided by gamer2000.
    But the attack icons are grey, and the pss status icon, https://imgur.com/a/VkmrE
    Am I using the wrong version of the rom? Or is there a fix to this?

Edit:
    Also when I open PGE and go to edit Pokémon, the PGE crahses

Edit:
    It seems it's only the status pss icon and Normal type that is grey, am I correct? So it's normal then?
    Well then, i'd appreciate if anyone could help me out with the PGE edit pokémon problem :)

I used MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.5a INI file
    Spoiler:

Edit: I tried to use G3HS, and everything seems to be working, except that I can't find the Fairy type in the editor, I know fairy type is there because I used moonblast ingame and it said Fairy Type.

Last Edit (hopefully):
    It seems if I want to add or change something to fairy, i'll have to resort to HEX editing. So everything's seems to be fine, as long as I use G3HS. Sorry for all the edits.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Hi! I dont know where i have to apply the .ini file at the G3T folder. Sorry, I recently started hacking, can someone help me please?

Back