• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Musaigen no Phantom World

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

• Musaigen no Phantom World
    In the near future, in a world born of human imagination, what humans would call ghosts or monsters appear, and they come to be called "phantoms." Haruhiko Ichijō, is a first year at Hosea Academy along with his upperclassman Mai Kawakami, who fights phantoms with the ability "Spirit of Five Elements," Reina Izumi, who has the ability "Phantom Eater," and Koito Minase, who fights phantoms in solitude. They experience the ups and downs of high school life before a certain incident leads them to the truth of this world.

Type: TV
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jan 7, 2016 to ?
    Premiered: Winter 2016
    Broadcast: Unknown
    Producers: None found
    Licensors: None found
    Studios: Kyoto Animation
    Source: Light novel
    Genres: Action, Fantasy, Supernatural
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: None

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Hiro Shimono as Haruhiko Ichijo
    Maaya Uchida as Koito Minase
    Saori Hayami as Reina Izumi
    Sumire Uesaka as Mai Kawakami

Azusa Tadokoro as Ruru
    Kikuko Inoue as Arisu Himeno
    Misaki Kuno as Kurumi Kumamakura

Japanese staff

Japanese staff
    Japanese cast
    Director: Tatsuya Ishihara
    Series Composition: Fumihiko Shimo
    Script: Fumihiko Shimo (ep 1)
    Storyboard: Yasuhiro Takemoto (ep 1)
    Episode Director: Ichirou Miyoshi (ep 1)
    Music: EFFY
    Original creator: Sōichirō Hatano
    Original Character Design: Shirabi
    Character Design: Kazumi Ikeda
    Art Director: Mikiko Watanabe
    Chief Animation Director: Kazumi Ikeda
    Animation Director: Seiichi Akitake (ep 1)
    Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
    Director of Photography: Ryuuta Nakagami

Accessories Planning: Hiroshi Karata
    Assistant Animation Director: Yuki Kakuda (ep 1)
    Color Key: Kana Miyata
    Creature Design: Shinpei Sawa (Phantoms)
    Theme Song Performance:
    Azusa Tadokoro (ED)
    SCREEN mode (OP)

TRAILERS
    Spoiler:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Aaaah, interesting story, and I do usually really enjoy visual novel based anime series.

Also, KyoAnime. *^*

Think I'll add this to my watch list for the season.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Taking a taster of this because it's KyoAni, not 100% sure if i'll stay with it yet, but I did find what I saw in the trailer interesting.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I hope KyoAni won't disappoint us. Expectations are really high after Hibike.
    You better take your expectations down a notch lol. Most LN adaptations don't turn out to be that great. This probably won't be an exception to the rule. It might be a fun watch with some really high production values due to being a KyoAni work but any more expectations from it might just lead to you getting disappointed from it. :p

Just go in expecting good visuals. You definitely won't be disappointed on that front, haha.

Taking a taster of this because it's KyoAni, not 100% sure if i'll stay with it yet, but I did find what I saw in the trailer interesting.
    I'll be honest, I'm watching it for two reasons - KyoAni AND because it looks like this is the first time KyoAni is fully embracing ecchi. Amagi did it sort of with some of the stuff in it but this looks like it'll fully embrace all those butt/panty/boob shots XD;

pkmin3033

I'm not sure if I want to give this one a try or not...it looks interesting, but if I watch one more series based on an LN with an incomplete story I will scream. I HATE incomplete works, because they either leave you hanging for a second season for years or they don't even bother producing one, making watching it utterly pointless. Chances are I'll wait and see if the anime has a satisfactory ending - or a second season in the absence of one - before I give it the time of day, no matter how appealing it looks.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'm not sure if I want to give this one a try or not...it looks interesting, but if I watch one more series based on an LN with an incomplete story I will scream. I HATE incomplete works, because they either leave you hanging for a second season for years or they don't even bother producing one, making watching it utterly pointless. Chances are I'll wait and see if the anime has a satisfactory ending - or a second season in the absence of one - before I give it the time of day, no matter how appealing it looks.
    This is KyoAni, there will be second season.
    And movie.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Huh. Just watched the first episode. Pretty standard 1st episode stuff, though I wonder about the budget later on.

Spoiler:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I didn't read any synopsis or anything so I went in this blindly. The concept kinda reminds me of Charlotte in a way with kids being born with supernatural abilities. I like having a fun and enjoyable show to watch per season, so while this might not be a kyoani masterpiece I'll take it for what it is.

Reina's voice was immediately familiar and then I realized it was the same voice actor as Shirayuki ;>

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Watching for the red-haired girl with the headphones around her neck.

Other than that, as far as phantoms and spirits go, I much prefered episode one of Natsume Yujincho to Phantom World. Completely different types of series, though, I realize. This one has a neat idea going for it, and I do like a number of KyoAni's other titles that have come out in recent years, so I'll give it another episode or two to see if it gets cool enough for me to get hooked on it.

Episode one was like.. the characters and concept was cute, but I almost feel like it was trying too hard.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • This anime doesn't feel very Kyoto Animation... but the art is pretty, and the idea is cool, so I'll keep going. However, the silly little fanservice wasn't very Kyoani either... wonder if this show is going to be worth my hype. Hmm.

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • So let's get this straight. This anime has a heroine who has a power that requires her to either squeeze or fondle her boobs. That same heroine also couldn't do a limbo because her "huge rack is going to hit it". The solution: bouncing her breasts and waiting for the moment when they're at the lowest. Really KyoAni, really? This is not like you.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I have no idea what I just watched...

Like it was all so predictable and cliche with the fanservice, comedy and the characters... The art is nice but it isn't that great to the point that I'm wowed.

I think I went in with expectations that were too high.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I think I went in with expectations that were too high.
    Probably it.

I went into it expecting boobs and I got just that.
    In all honesty, from all the preview images and videos, it just gave off a vibe of being a generic ecchi show with fantasy elements but with KyoAni's fantastic production values. I'm sure most people I know started keeping their expectations in check as soon as they felt that this is the route the anime's taking XD;

Anyway, first episode was just okay. Even for an ecchi show, it felt slightly dry. The content didn't captivate me. Character designs are top-notch, the 16bit art and art style in general is great and production values in general are great. If for nothing else, I'll keep watching it for Mai her boobs actually and for the excellent production values. Even if ends up being a relatively generic show with nothing to offer.

Years
  • I went in with no expectations, I wouldn't say I was disappointed but I wasn't interested. It exists but could have not existed and nothing of value would have been lost or gained. I don't remember any of the character names, but Human Kirby was cute and had a nice voice. Get rid of the genie mascot thing since it's just annoying and pointless, and hopefully they'll give the walking tits and ass something more than just being walking fanservice, I'm fine with ecchi but she doesn't really seem to exist for any other reason at the moment. The part where mc got electrocuted made me laugh a little because he's really boring and it looked pretty brutal.

Anime for this season+the next looks underwhelming so I'll probably just watch it anyway because it's got KyoAni eye candy going for it. Something to kill time while waiting for Hibike 2.

Maybe it'll end up decent, better to start off with a mediocre ep1 and get a little better than to start off with a great ep1 and become Charlotte garbage.

Back