• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My wallet will be crying...

I hardly spend at all, online or offline. I thought that when I found a full-time job I'd be less stingy with money but even now with having thousands of USD in my bank account I find it hard to use even $20. Good habit for saving and I'm still able to relax and treat myself every once in a while but not often, especially with my own money. Even gift money for birthdays and holidays is difficult to spend on anything hahaha. But when I do shop it's about 75% online and 25% offline, I'd say, since Amazon is just way too awesome.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Honestly for the longest time, I did not but stuff from the internet purely cause of my parents' paranoia about getting their credit card data stolen or stuff like that. Eventually, I bought a Camelbak water bottle and it never arrived at my house, and I guess stuff like that turned me off to buying things online again.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    I don't really buy things online very often, so I don't really have much of a problem with that. I do have my debit card though, and I have an awful habit of splurging unnecessarily if I have the extra money. n_n

I'm usually broke though since my parents are the ones that put money on the card. I have money in savings, but I'm doing pretty well about saving it in case of an emergency.

Regumika

So Graceful
    Years
    I'm very conscious concerning money. I do have a credit line but I make sure to only spend money that I actually have. I don't have a problem with overspending. Actually, if anything I have a problem with underspending. I would, for the longest time, talk myself out of buying things rationally - You don't need it. You won't use it. It's just going to collect dust.

In the end I realized that not buying the things that I want (keyword: want) I was not as happy as I could have been. But, we still need to be careful and not buy everything. There needs to be a balance.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm not a big spender, because there is not much that I want. I don't buy game that I'll only play for a week or two then discard, and I don't buy new clothes or shoes often because I have all that I want for the time being. The only thing I spend money on is food, or if I go out to eat. That and books, and my wallet is a happy wallet.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    was gonna make a thread about it but I just found this instead sooooo

I just got my credit card in the mail. My first one with a good credit line. I'm shaking right now because I have the freedom to spend on whatever I want. It's a danger to me because I am an extreme compulsive spender and I'll end up spending money on things that I really don't need, and have less money on things that I have to have.

Hopefully I will have enough for books in the next quarter though!

Years
    my parents get a text for every purchase i make with my debit card that's over a dollar, so i don't do too much spending. if that text wasn't a thing then oh man...

Back