• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Na, Oi, Ya, Eh!

Crux

Evermore
Years
  • How often if ever do you use words such as Na, Oi, Ya, Eh, Meh, Scoobady Doo Bop, etc?
    Gibberish, or words that aren't really in the dictionary.
    If you do, are there any you use more then others?
    Do these sorts of words annoy you?
    Are you often around people who use them?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    -Not often, but it depends on what it is.
    -Some of them get on my nerves, yes.
    -Well, I had a friend yell at me in a combination of Spanish and gibberish, if that counts.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I use some pretty often. Meh, eh, na.
    They don't annoy me, no. Except if someone were to ever say "Scoobady Doo Bop" in front of me I'd drop them. ¬.¬

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Sometimes I use Meh but only online. I generally dont use words like that in normal speak.

Years
  • I say eh? a lot because I'm Canadian! But I swear I use it more than the stereotype means for you to use it.

I don't say na, but naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Not often. The closest I get to hearing is when my friends say weird laughs like huehuehuehue. Sometimes I'll type/say "Ehhhh" if my reply would otherwise be something like "So-so".

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • When I was younger I used to say them a lot, mostly with my younger brothers when playing video games. In normal speak I don't use them, I would feel embarrassed saying them in public - unless its part of a lyrics of a song I would singing along too

Last edited:

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Meh, eh, ya, oi, na. I use those words a lot in real life.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • As I live in wales; I use quite a lot of welsh semi-words such as 'aye' and 'butt'

I guess it natural for me but if I ever leave Wales people do get confused.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I say eh and hurr. I've been saying ayo a lot too. And then there's the ever popular

Nyeeeeh???

Could not find appropriate nyeh gif sob sob

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
    Years
  • I use them on a daily basis when playing on the pc or xbox, or just chilling with my housemates.

Especially 'meh'. That's a favourite in my house for when we know we need to go shopping as the fridges are empty...but the shop is so far away and we have justeat.com

So no, it's never really annoyed me.
    My boyfriend on the other hand, hates people using them. I jokingly said 'totes' once (for totally) and he literally cringed :P

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Depends really who I'm conversing with. If with friends, then I'll definitely say a few slang and gibberish words here and there. At uni I avoid using them in class discussions, but otherwise elsewhere in casual settings I'll definitely use them. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I use all of the above mentioned online mostly. Sometimes I'll use the occasional 'nah' or 'meh', but I usually stick to using proper words when I speak irl.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I use words such as nahh, eh, ah, um, uh, hmm, mm online when I type. When I speak, Malaysian/Singlish slangs such as lah, ma, ha, and a few others pop out occasionally. I dislike it though, but I can't help it as these words have been ingrained into me as they have been ingrained into 99% of my country's citizens.

Back