• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    Are all pokemon with hidden abilities obtainable?

I'm aware of drought ninetales... how about sheer force nidoking/nidoqueen?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Are all pokemon with hidden abilities obtainable?

I'm aware of drought ninetales... how about sheer force nidoking/nidoqueen?

Safari Zone - You can get some pokemon with hidden abilities there (grass) including the Nidos.
    In the specific case of both nidos, you can get only ONE family in-game (male or female) as wild pokemon. If you're lucky enough to get the nidoran male as wild pokemon, you can get nidoran female as a trade later. If you got the nidoran female as a wild pokemon, breed for the male.

This applies for Volbeat and/or Illumise.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2017
    Need help. I used the latest patch and I keep getting black screen right before the Prof. Oak intro cutscene.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • Imagine if this hack gets fully polished. Every single bug ironed out and we get to experience Kanto in all its glory with Gen VI(I) advancements.
    When that day comes I'd pay to play this game.

For now, I'll still play it and support it! Keep going, this is my dream hack game in making right here :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I found a text error on "Volt Absorb" ability. Its description doesn't start with a capital letter. It's just a very minor thing though.

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    It's actually not a bug, it's part of Darmanitan's ability Sheer Force, which means it takes no recoil damage. So moves like Wild Charge and Flare Blitz don't hurt Darmanitan with recoil. Also, if you attach a Life Orb to Darmanitan, it won't take any recoil damage either.

Actually, that is in fact a bug. In vanilla BW/XY/SM Sheer Force only negates secondary effects like the burn from Flare Blitz, the SDef drop from Focus Blast, etc. Recoil on Double-Edge and friends, as well as the recharge turn on Hyper Beam and friends, stat drops from Superpower, Overheat, and friends, and so on are considered primary effects, and are not negated by Sheer Force in the vanilla games where the ability exists. Life Orb recoil being negated is a bug as well, but that's a bug that's present in the vanilla game so it may be working as intended here? idk

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    You realized that that life orb "bug" in vanilla games was a thing in all gen starting from gen V (the same in which SF was itroduced) and it's still a thing in gen VII with no changes in between?

It's clearly not a bug - SF is negating LO's recoil on moves with secondary effects (but does not work with other moves)

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sheer_Force_(Ability)
    Bulbapedia said:
    Spoiler:

If (and only if) a move is boosted by the effect of Sheer Force, it will no longer trigger item or Ability effects that activate after attacking. This includes the effects of Eject Button, Shell Bell, and Red Card, as well as the Abilities Color Change and Emergency Exit. If an item has two effects, only the effect(s) that activate after attacking will be negated. Therefore, if a Pokémon holds a Life Orb, it will gain the passive damage boost (because it is not activated after the attack) but the recoil effect afterward will be ignored.
    so the life orb gives its damage boost and takes recoil if the move is not boosted by sheer force but recoil damage is ignored if the attack is boosted by sheer force

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    You think TEA will get you past here? We've got official business going on - no way kid, you can't move on just yet -

Me: MOFO SON OF A -

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Anyone know if the Power Items (Anklet, Band, Weight etc.) pass on the holder's IV to the egg? I assume it does but I haven't done enough breeding to figure it out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Bugs:
    Reflect and light screen are infinite turns (doesn't expire).
    Quick attack has same priority with fake out.
    Meloetta hatched with no move (or 1 move with no name and random text description).
    Volbeat area unknown (you said it's located at R24, R25, and safari zone).
    Attack stat reduction from king's shield doesn't show animation.
    King's shield succeeds twice before getting chance of failure (not like others: one success then succeeding uses have chances of failure).
    Power items give a small fraction of EVs from the original EV yield of the pokemon killed. (Example: I killed a starly (1 speed EV) while my pokemon is holding a power weight. It will give me 4 HP EVs (from power weight) and a fraction of speed EV (from EV yield of starly).)
    Some mega evolutions don't have sprites.
    After a duel, items become infinite, and all berries are gone. Also, even if I get new berries from trees, the berry pouch is still empty.
    CharizardY's drought after mega evolving doesn't activate right away. You still need to switch another pokemon then let it come back for it to work (drought should activate right away after mega evolution).
    P.S. How can I get a multiscale lugia or hidden ability legendaries?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Could you make a 6IV Ditto available for use in breeding? Maybe through a trade or event ? It makes things so much easier . Thank you for the great hack! I've been looking everywhere for one like this and your's fits the bill exactly.

I've managed to create a perfect IV ditto by hex editing some data. If you want it, message me.

HeavyMecha

Weighed Down By Technology
    Years
  • This game is truly a remarkable and memorable piece of work, indeed it doesn't change the story or the design, but it does expand on the idea and really helps many Pokemon newcomers appreciate the vast amount of options available in these games. One can say that this game, if expanded every year, could practically replace most Pokemon games overall. Eventually, Pokemon will end, and when all is said and done, this game will be remembered as one of the best ones to get a good feeling and adjustment to Pokemon overall.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2017
    Seems like my game will crash whenever any of the first stage evo Gen 6 starters appear in battle (Frogadier, Quilladin, and Braixen).

Or more specifically right during the time said pokemon gets their pokeball thrown.

Last edited:
    Back