• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Seems like my game will crash whenever any of the first stage evo Gen 6 starters appear in battle (Frogadier, Quilladin, and Braixen).

Or more specifically right during the time said pokemon gets their pokeball thrown.

That never happened to anyone here. Are you using gameshark codes or something? If yes, maybe that's a reason.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2017
    That never happened to anyone here. Are you using gameshark codes or something? If yes, maybe that's a reason.

No. I played around with it more and seems like the issue (and a bunch of other glitches) only happens if you emulate this game on anything but Visual Boy Advance.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    I'm loving the game so far..but where do I find the keystone/mega bracelet and mega stone?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I'm loving the game so far..but where do I find the keystone/mega bracelet and mega stone?

Mega bracelet can be obtained after you beat E4 for the first time. Mega stones are found in hidden grottoes (check the previous pages for their locations).

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2017
    I don't know if this works for everyone, but expanding the Fire Red rom to 32MB using XSE before patching it with Nameless Fire Red gave me less bugs/glitches in general.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    This hack seems awesome so far, but I've already got a few things worth mentioning.

1) Froakie can't learn Water Gun from the move tutor... That definitely seems like something it should be able to learn.
    2) Some of the Pokemon sprites aren't their latest versions on the sprite resource (eg. Bunnelby). I understand that the alpha was released before the newer sprites were even made, but I just wanted to make you aware of it for the next release.
    3) For picking a starter, could you make it so that Oak instead has a bag on his desk full of every starter? I like being able to pick from the gen 6 ones, but it'd be better to let people play their own way and choose from the 18 currently available.
    4) There's a house in Pewter City that can't be entered.

Sorry if any of these are already known.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    This hack seems awesome so far, but I've already got a few things worth mentioning.

1) Froakie can't learn Water Gun from the move tutor... That definitely seems like something it should be able to learn.
    2) Some of the Pokemon sprites aren't their latest versions on the sprite resource (eg. Bunnelby). I understand that the alpha was released before the newer sprites were even made, but I just wanted to make you aware of it for the next release.
    3) For picking a starter, could you make it so that Oak instead has a bag on his desk full of every starter? I like being able to pick from the gen 6 ones, but it'd be better to let people play their own way and choose from the 18 currently available.
    4) There's a house in Pewter City that can't be entered.

Sorry if any of these are already known.

1. Froakie can't learn water gun in the original games.
    4. It's the same in fire red vanilla.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    1. Froakie can't learn water gun in the original games.
    4. It's the same in fire red vanilla.

Yes, but Water Gun was never a TM/tutor move in games that Froakie was in. Just thought it was worth raising.
    But really? I seem to remember that house having a boy, a male Nidoran, and a man in it. I think they spoke about gym badges or something?

There's a girl in the Cerulean Pokemon Center who mentions about going upstairs to trade pokemon. Upstairs no longer exists, so this should probably be changed.

Also, is there any reason why the shiny sparkles don't appear when a shiny pokemon is sent out? :S I've never come across that before this game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    Yes, but Water Gun was never a TM/tutor move in games that Froakie was in. Just thought it was worth raising.
    But really? I seem to remember that house having a boy, a male Nidoran, and a man in it. I think they spoke about gym badges or something?

There's a girl in the Cerulean Pokemon Center who mentions about going upstairs to trade pokemon. Upstairs no longer exists, so this should probably be changed.

Also, is there any reason why the shiny sparkles don't appear when a shiny pokemon is sent out? :S I've never come across that before this game.

Doesn't the upstairs still work? I've heard about people trading with this hack and even trading between Theta Emerald so I see no reason to take that reference out

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019

Upstairs exists. Maybe you downloaded an outdated one.
    Shiny sparkles are also shown in mine.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Maybe you downloaded an outdated one.

Hmm... Maybe you're right. I'll redownload.

EDIT: Well, you were right. I guess I wasn't playing Alpha 1.02. The Pokemon Center staircase is there now, although I'm still not getting shiny sparkles when I send out the shiny Magikarp...

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hey, so when I check the Pokedex, for some Grotto-exclusive pokemon such as the Monkeys, it says they're unavailable. But for other, like Meditite, it shows the location they're in.
    Is this a bug? Or are these supposed grotto-exclusive pokemon actually in the wild but are ridiculously rare.
    Also, in the encounters list, it says Pangoro is available on Route 13, but the Pokedex says it isn't there.
    One more thing, has anyone found Manectric on Route 14? The pokedex says its there but I've run around the grass for a long time and it hasn't turned up. Or is it just very very rare?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Hey, so when I check the Pokedex, for some Grotto-exclusive pokemon such as the Monkeys, it says they're unavailable. But for other, like Meditite, it shows the location they're in.
    Is this a bug? Or are these supposed grotto-exclusive pokemon actually in the wild but are ridiculously rare.
    Also, in the encounters list, it says Pangoro is available on Route 13, but the Pokedex says it isn't there.
    One more thing, has anyone found Manectric on Route 14? The pokedex says its there but I've run around the grass for a long time and it hasn't turned up. Or is it just very very rare?

It happens with Flabebe, since it can be found also near the Victory road but that doesn?t appear at the Dex.
    About the grotto-mons that happens because their grottos are on that route as far as i know.

Isn't Manectric a grotto-mon?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It happens with Flabebe, since it can be found also near the Victory road but that doesn?t appear at the Dex.
    About the grotto-mons that happens because their grottos are on that route as far as i know.

Isn't Manectric a grotto-mon?

There's no grotto on Route 14. Only a swarm, so maybe Manectric says its on Route 14 because of that?

Baadar

I'm nothing...
    Years
  • Ok dude....i give up...i tried...i failed...i managed to beat the elite 4 yesterday (a ton of revivers were used, didn't breed for iv or ev train my team...and i didn't put a well balanced team, so i suffered a lot lorelei was a bitch to defeat and lance gave me a headache...wich is good :3)...but after all that i'm still unable to find a single hidden grotto...according to locations in page 25...there's a grotto on route 11 and another on icefall cave on sevii islands (to give an example), i've search all around the route and cave, and have not find anything...do i need a special move to be able to find it? trigger a event? how can i see the "entrance"? is there an entrance or is just a random grass patch/zone in the route? I really want to find the grottos...but i can't find...can you give me a hint? i'm sure it'll be right in front of my eyes...but still, i've tried and failed...help...

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Ok dude....i give up...i tried...i failed...i managed to beat the elite 4 yesterday (a ton of revivers were used, didn't breed for iv or ev train my team...and i didn't put a well balanced team, so i suffered a lot lorelei was a ***** to defeat and lance gave me a headache...wich is good :3)...but after all that i'm still unable to find a single hidden grotto...according to locations in page 25...there's a grotto on route 11 and another on icefall cave on sevii islands (to give an example), i've search all around the route and cave, and have not find anything...do i need a special move to be able to find it? trigger a event? how can i see the "entrance"? is there an entrance or is just a random grass patch/zone in the route? I really want to find the grottos...but i can't find...can you give me a hint? i'm sure it'll be right in front of my eyes...but still, i've tried and failed...help...

Hidden grottoes aren't visible so you have to check every single tree by pressing A there's one at the exit of pewter city just check. The trees

Back