• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
  • Hey guys,I just finished the main story of the game and I didn't know how to access the post-game so I just ended the game at that point and couldn't quite activate the post- game swarms I was trying to get at the beginning of the game. The main reason why I ended my play through was because:This game is HAAAARRRRRRRD!!!! This spike in difficulty makes trainers like Brock and Bruno hard to beat even on the LOWEST SETTING!!( and also this is the hardest these 2 trainers will EVER BE) and then Sabrina is possibly the hardest gym leader if you don't have a ghost or dark type(and I battled her in easy mode,I'm too scared to see what she's like on extreme mode).But I'll admit,This game in concept is a great game.If the difficulty and move sets for trainers were altered for lower difficulty settings,and certain swarm Pokemon( mainly post- game ones*cough*cough Elgyem)were changed to become regular encounters in their respected locations,then this rom hack would be a highly recommended game with tons of replay value. I don't know if the creator is planing something for the future of this hack,but if he is,then this post will be my suggestion. I'm not saying this hack is bad,far from it,but the difficulty makes the overall journey less enjoyable and not as fun to play.But the idea behind it is a great one: the game looks like Fire Red and is called Fire Red,but the Pokemon you're able to obtain in the main/post game feels like a different experience.So for those reasons,I'll give this rom hack a rating of 6.5/10: Great potential,but needs to be easier in order for this game to be fun.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    is there a day-night system for pokemon like umbreon and espeon?

this is an amazing hack btw. not sure if the creator still reads this post but it would be awesome if he adds gen 7 pokemon as well.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    is there a day-night system for pokemon like umbreon and espeon?

this is an amazing hack btw. not sure if the creator still reads this post but it would be awesome if he adds gen 7 pokemon as well.

Yes there is. It's just not visible and it's based on your computer's clock.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    When i evolve rhydon with rock head ability, rhyperior ability becomes lightningrod instead. I thought rock head rhydon should give a solid rock rhyperior. Does it means that solid rock ability is not in the game? If so, rhyperior is not as useful as he is and i find him a waste to train:(

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • When i evolve rhydon with rock head ability, rhyperior ability becomes lightningrod instead. I thought rock head rhydon should give a solid rock rhyperior. Does it means that solid rock ability is not in the game? If so, rhyperior is not as useful as he is and i find him a waste to train:(

Probably you need a hidden ability Rhydon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Probably you need a hidden ability Rhydon.

No. Reckless rhydon will evolve into reckless rhyperior. Initially i thought the creator might code reckless rhydon to solid rock rhyperior so i tested it out. But in the end reckless rhydon evolves onto reckless rhyperior, just like the official games. So i guess solid rock is not in.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    No. Reckless rhydon will evolve into reckless rhyperior. Initially i thought the creator might code reckless rhydon to solid rock rhyperior so i tested it out. But in the end reckless rhydon evolves onto reckless rhyperior, just like the official games. So i guess solid rock is not in.

EDIT: In theta emerald ex, rock head rhydon evolves to solid rock rhyperior. So i decided to try and trade over solid rock rhyperior from theta emerald ex to nameless firered. I somehow noticed that solid rock rhyperior in theta emerald ex will become reckless rhyperior(Hidden ability) in nameless firered. On the other hand, rock head rhydon in nameless firered will become lightningrod rhydon in theta emerald ex which explains why my rock head rhydon in nameless firered will become lightningrod rhyperior. So i can confirm the coding is wrong in nameless firered. Hope the creator can fix this though i not sure when will he do it:(

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen today
    How do I access Cerulean Cave in this hack? I did the ruby and sapphire quest for Celio and the dude in front of the cave is still there.

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    How do I access Cerulean Cave in this hack? I did the ruby and sapphire quest for Celio and the dude in front of the cave is still there.

If I recall correctly, you have to beat the 2nd round elite four first. This is because there are some very high-level (Lvl 100) trainers and some very good items in there.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • EDIT: In theta emerald ex, rock head rhydon evolves to solid rock rhyperior. So i decided to try and trade over solid rock rhyperior from theta emerald ex to nameless firered. I somehow noticed that solid rock rhyperior in theta emerald ex will become reckless rhyperior(Hidden ability) in nameless firered. On the other hand, rock head rhydon in nameless firered will become lightningrod rhydon in theta emerald ex which explains why my rock head rhydon in nameless firered will become lightningrod rhyperior. So i can confirm the coding is wrong in nameless firered. Hope the creator can fix this though i not sure when will he do it:(

Not that it's wrong but Nameless fr has some features that Theta EX doesn't like pokemon having 3 abilities.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Not that it's wrong but Nameless fr has some features that Theta EX doesn't like pokemon having 3 abilities.

Nope. For rhyperior, theta emerald has all 3 abilities (solidrock,Lightningrod and reckless) while nameless firered has only 2 which are lightningrod and reckless. Solidrock is missing in nameless firered as it is coded to be lightningrod.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2018
    Totally new to rom hacks here and i play on an iphone 6, is there any way to patch it off my phone or do i need to patch it on a pc then transfer it over to my phone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Totally new to rom hacks here and i play on an iphone 6, is there any way to patch it off my phone or do i need to patch it on a pc then transfer it over to my phone?

I don't think so. Even if it's possible it wouldn't be that easy. Even transferring music from pc to iphone is a pain. I'd suggest to play on pc. It would be much easier. You don't need a bulky computer to play gba games. Don't know if you don't have a pc though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Does this game still have a black screen upon entering the first gym? I want to play this on my 3DS after I convert it to CIA but don't want to waste time grinding just to have it hang on me.

Nope. For rhyperior, theta emerald has all 3 abilities (solidrock,Lightningrod and reckless) while nameless firered has only 2 which are lightningrod and reckless. Solidrock is missing in nameless firered as it is coded to be lightningrod.

Any source for that claim? I was under the impression EM can't do 3 different abilities.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Does this game still have a black screen upon entering the first gym? I want to play this on my 3DS after I convert it to CIA but don't want to waste time grinding just to have it hang on me.

Any source for that claim? I was under the impression EM can't do 3 different abilities.

Do you mean it's a black screen in general or only on the 3ds? It might not work on the 3ds because 3ds vc emulation uses native hardware and this hack might not be able to work on native gba hardware because it is so different to the original fire red. Apparently this also happens to Pokemon Vega which also changes a crap-ton of the original FR code.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Do you mean it's a black screen in general or only on the 3ds? It might not work on the 3ds because 3ds vc emulation uses native hardware and this hack might not be able to work on native gba hardware because it is so different to the original fire red. Apparently this also happens to Pokemon Vega which also changes a crap-ton of the original FR code.

Yeah, I just tried it, got a black screen after Oak's intro on 3DS. Flashcard froze while getting a starter. MGba hung at the first gym entrance.

Vega works fine though. There was a patch that made it compatible with VC and Flashcards. :)

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah, I just tried it, got a black screen after Oak's intro on 3DS. Flashcard froze while getting a starter. MGba hung at the first gym entrance.

Vega works fine though. There was a patch that made it compatible with VC and Flashcards. :)

Ah then yeah, it's probably the hack itself then. It just probably doesn't work using those emulators.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Is prison bottle in the game? If so, where do i get it? Is hoopa able to change form?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    anyone knows how to get eevee? the guy who's supposed to give you an eevee won't let me take the pokeball.

Back