• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    Anyone have a list of found Grottos? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I'm just walking to every tree clicking A hoping to find it, but I seem to suck. I've only found one in Pewter City..

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    How about you leave something that's dead, dead :)

Sorry, just sad that every 721 hack is crap for the most part, since they always seem to be abandoned before being patched just enough to have all Pokemon possible and no serious errors.

That's why I'm watching this thread closely, I'm really hoping that this will finally be the first 721 hack not to be a big project just dropped off the cliff.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Why can't I use the ability pill on Greninja? I was hoping for a Protean Greninja but didn't work :(
    hon, protean is its hidden ability, and the only "natural" ability greninja has is torrent
    the ability pill only switches between two "natural" abilities. like, i could change my ralts' ability from synchronize to trace

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    Anyone have a list of found Grottos? I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I'm just walking to every tree clicking A hoping to find it, but I seem to suck. I've only found one in Pewter City..
    Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Some locations for you

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    How can I catch a Feebas on Route 12? Do I need to fish in a certain spot or with a certain rod or what? Awesome hack, by the way.

Years
  • I just found out that using the ability pill not only changes the pokemon's ability but also changes it's nature.

Anyway, I want to say that this is probably the best hack I have ever played.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    How did you get in curelean cave to get the ability pill the only reason why I know its there is because of walk through walls

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    Oh, also, Sheer Force blocks recoil, when it doesn't normally.

A fair amount of dialogue is unupdated--not necessary, but good for polish.

EDIT: YOU SON OF A BITCH.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Your hack is awesome, I can't stop play it , I have a question : How to get Draco Meteor move ?
    Sorry I missed this by accident. Cape Brink tutor.
    Sorry for reporting a bug that was mentioned several times earlier, must be pretty tiring seeing the same thing repeated over and over! This hack is all I was ever looking for, so I'm kind of passionate about helping making it even better, haha.

That being said, I don't think anybody said anything about ability Justified? It doesn't seem to work - tested on Hidden Grotto Absol; was hit many times with Night Slash and Crunch. I'm not sure if it doesn't work at all or it just doesn't give any feedback.
    No big deal, there aren't too many repeats. And in this case, no one mentioned this before you. Should be fixed in the next patch. In case anyone is wondering, Rattled will have the same issue (only triggering and Ghost/Bug, not Dark).
    The phone notification when the day care man finds an egg isn't working.
    Btw, is there a new release (bug fixes) soon? The disordered power items are confusing me so I can't create a perfect IV pokemon yet :(
    Talk to the old man and say that you do want to be notified. If the issue persists, report back. Unless you're talking about the Four Island guy - he doesn't ever call. Yeah sorry about that. I'm not sure when because I've "fixed" a lot of bugs, but I haven't had a chance to test them. I'm worried about my "fixes" creating additional bugs. Probably this weekend, though.
    This game looks very good! Are you going to release your data about those form/forme changing Items, like the Reveal Glass and the DNA Splicers, because they look very good.
    Thanks! Actually, there's isn't really anything substantial to "release" because they're pretty much species swaps. They're a variation on https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341547. In the Reveal Glass thing - all you need to do is combine running a script with an item with the species swaps from daniilS' thread. DNA Splicers is a little more complicated but that one is also just a script + species swap + some way to save a pokemon (like FBI's storage routine, for example).
    How can I catch a Feebas on Route 12? Do I need to fish in a certain spot or with a certain rod or what? Awesome hack, by the way.
    It only exists on 6 tiles :) But I'm also nice, so it can appear on any tile when it rains.
    I just found out that using the ability pill not only changes the pokemon's ability but also changes it's nature.

Anyway, I want to say that this is probably the best hack I have ever played.
    Yeah my bad - I broke the pid generator; but I've fixed it. And thank you :)
    How did you get in curelean cave to get the ability pill the only reason why I know its there is because of walk through walls
    Beat the E4 a second time.
    Oh, also, Sheer Force blocks recoil, when it doesn't normally.

A fair amount of dialogue is unupdated--not necessary, but good for polish.

EDIT: YOU SON OF A *****.
    Spoiler:
    I couldn't recreate the Sheer Force thing. Unless you meant Life Orb which it should be blocking. Yeah I'll slowly update the dialogue. Also
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    Spoiler:

Really loving this hack so far. Lots of polish, lots of little touches, great time all-around. Any intention for a 'non-vanilla' version, a la BBVW? (stat/moveset changes that differ from the official games.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Talk to the old man and say that you do want to be notified. If the issue persists, report back. Unless you're talking about the Four Island guy - he doesn't ever call. Yeah sorry about that. I'm not sure when because I've "fixed" a lot of bugs, but I haven't had a chance to test them. I'm worried about my "fixes" creating additional bugs. Probably this weekend, though.

Oh where is that day care located? But the four island day care also has the new gen breeding features right? Oh I see. I'm looking forward to that :) Don't worry we'll help you find those additional bugs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Sorry if this has been reported already. I noticed the Zekrom's Fusion Bolt is a Special move, when it should in fact be a Physical move.

Also, does anyone know where to get a Razor Fang?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    A Cloyster in Victory Road held on with a ????????????, assuming that's supposed to be a focus sash.
    The double battle at the end is a single battle...for no discernable reason.

EDIT: I hate hate hate that I have to say this, but Leftovers+Thunder Wave on everything isn't difficulty.
    EDIT EDIT: Quick Powder has Gresious Orb's icon.
    TRIPLE EDIT COMBO: One of the trainers in Pattern Bush has a glitched name, one of the trainers in Resort Gorgeous's Tentacruel has a softlocking move.
    I Should Make A New Post Edit: The trade for "Sickly" is bugged, graphically.
    I should stop making new edits, really: One of the Trainers in Sevault Canyon has an entire team of glitch moves.
    EDIT: Flame and Toxic Orb use Adamant and Lustrous Orbs' sprites.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    Every "always hits" attack I've ever seen used by opponents has missed, I think they're bugged to never hit.

Years
  • Anyone know an optimal place for grinding? IIRC the Elite Four rematches are all level 100 and I've challenged all non-glitched trainers in the game that I know of. (Has the "Cloyster used !" bug been fixed by the way?)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Spoiler:

Really loving this hack so far. Lots of polish, lots of little touches, great time all-around. Any intention for a 'non-vanilla' version, a la BBVW? (stat/moveset changes that differ from the official games.)
    Thank you :) And I didn't really have an intention of doing that but I don't really care if someone else does. I'm not personally a fan of it, though, so I wouldn't invest my own time. I could explain to someone how they could do it, but it would be essentially hacking my own hack and would be a pain for them. They wouldn't be able to use any tools that the majority of people here are comfortable with and the offsets would change with every new patch.
    Oh where is that day care located? But the four island day care also has the new gen breeding features right? Oh I see. I'm looking forward to that :) Don't worry we'll help you find those additional bugs.
    The first Day-Care is south of Cerulean City. It is essentially a 6th Gen Day-Care with phone calls. Both Day-Cares have updated breeding mechanics. The difference is that the Day-Care on Four Island can hold up to 30 eggs and their cycles decrement as you walk. I didn't mention it as a feature, and I'm sad no one noticed :( Btw just - don't use the Day-Care for now. There are other things broken about it anyways, and a fixed version will be out soon.
    I know you guys will, but it still feels lazy to rush out patches with bugs I know about. Even in hindsight I think that the last update was "necessary" due to the nastiness of Wish and the Reveal Glass, but the Aerial Ace bug still "felt bad."
    I found a bug, aerial ace misses lol
    Yeah the 100% move thing has been mentioned many times. I expect to have a new patch with a lot of the bugs fixed up sometime this weekend. I posted a temporary fix for the 100% bug last week, but it got buried.
    Code:
    6C 00 60 19 80 00 08 5C
    at 0x01DD88 should do the trick for now.
    Sorry if this has been reported already. I noticed the Zekrom's Fusion Bolt is a Special move, when it should in fact be a Physical move.

Also, does anyone know where to get a Razor Fang?
    Ahh, this is what I get for not being familiar with newer gens. Fixed. Also Ice Burn (which isn't complete, but still) is now correctly special. Razor Fang is sold in the Six Island mart.
    A Cloyster in Victory Road held on with a ????????????, assuming that's supposed to be a focus sash.
    The double battle at the end is a single battle...for no discernable reason.

EDIT: I hate hate hate that I have to say this, but Leftovers+Thunder Wave on everything isn't difficulty.
    EDIT EDIT: Quick Powder has Gresious Orb's icon.
    TRIPLE EDIT COMBO: One of the trainers in Pattern Bush has a glitched name, one of the trainers in Resort Gorgeous's Tentacruel has a softlocking move.
    I Should Make A New Post Edit: The trade for "Sickly" is bugged, graphically.
    I should stop making new edits, really: One of the Trainers in Sevault Canyon has an entire team of glitch moves.
    EDIT: Flame and Toxic Orb use Adamant and Lustrous Orbs' sprites.
    I don't know why, but there seems to be two Focus Sash checks, so it worked in my testing but not with that Cloyster :/ Anyways, added in the second check. The double battle thing is 100% a derp, fixed.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I did a search and Thunder Wave + Leftovers is almost only used on your rival's Ferrothorn & Slowbro.

Yeah a lot of these trainers share the same issue that will be fixed in the next patch, most of them male swimmers.

The in game trades is something I noticed after release too. I think it has to do with using the palettes of the pokemon you trade away for an expanded pokemon - I'll have to look further into that. I'll have to get on the item images too.
    Every "always hits" attack I've ever seen used by opponents has missed, I think they're bugged to never hit.
    See above post.
    Anyone know an optimal place for grinding? IIRC the Elite Four rematches are all level 100 and I've challenged all non-glitched trainers in the game that I know of. (Has the "Cloyster used !" bug been fixed by the way?)
    They're not level 100 by default. If they're level 100 against you, that's because they're matching the level of the level 100 pokemon in your party. You can drop them back down by (a) reducing the difficulty back to easy (because easy has no level match), or (b) pedantic, but remove that level 100 pokemon from your party.

& is it really that hard to grind? Even without Cerulean Cave, the Sevii Islands are full of high level but easy to defeat evolved Pokemon, plus I added the X&Y experience gain system.

The Cloyster thing will be fixed in the next patch. It isn't Cloyster, but the fact that I made a mistake when I wrote some of the male swimmers. The data is being read incorrectly so they have invalid moves, but I happened to OHKO them when I battled them, so I never noticed.

Years
  • They're not level 100 by default. If they're level 100 against you, that's because they're matching the level of the level 100 pokemon in your party. You can drop them back down by (a) reducing the difficulty back to easy (because easy has no level match), or (b) pedantic, but remove that level 100 pokemon from your party.

& is it really that hard to grind? Even without Cerulean Cave, the Sevii Islands are full of high level but easy to defeat evolved Pokemon, plus I added the X&Y experience gain system.

The Cloyster thing will be fixed in the next patch. It isn't Cloyster, but the fact that I made a mistake when I wrote some of the male swimmers. The data is being read incorrectly so they have invalid moves, but I happened to OHKO them when I battled them, so I never noticed.

Oh shit I forgot the setting to change the battle settings was there this whole time. It's an error on my part.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    Amaura and Tyrunt don't seem to evolve.
    I'm so confused as to where most of the legendaries are--I've only found:

Spoiler:

Is it possible to make the Apricorn guy take more than one apricorn/give you more than one ball? 1 per day is super slow.

Naming Fossils when you pick them up prompts you to name your ???????????. It even has the ? as an icon.

Back