• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Needles, Spiders, and Elevators, oh my!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    corny title aside...

What are your fears/phobias?

I have a fear of the dark, a fear of locked in closed spaces, and a fear of open heights.

Locked in close spaces is like claustrophobia, only I'm fine with tight spaces if I can get out easily and of my own free will.

Aeroacrophobia is the fear of open heights, and that's because, as long as walls are around me, I can't fall xD Oh. If the building/structure is pretty stable/lots of room, then I don't mind it as much.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this is a 'fear' per se, but I have a thing about necks and wrists. I don't like looking at them and I don't like people touching my neck/wrist. It's not something I'm scared of... I'd just rather people not talk about it or make me watch videos of people slitting their wrists or stuff like that. Even typing this is making me feel a bit queasy.

Posting Binge: 20/40

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, I'm terrified of fireworks/cannons. And guess what time of year it is in America! Guess what I hear outside? n____n Hate the 4th, lol. That's really the only fear you need to know though.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Spiders are the only thing I'm afraid of.

I do have trouble talking on the phone/in game voice though... but that's not a fear, it just makes me feel uncomfortable, for some reason.

o3o

Years
  • Stings, heights and enclosed spaces are my phobias.

I recently discovered that looking at and/or talking about things such as arteries or veins makes me feel somewhat queasy, and I just hate to hear anyone talk about veins or arteries. Idk why~

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
    Years
  • i am afraid of closed in spaces, ONLY when there is a big occupancy of people, and Spiders are deffinatly not a fear.. I used to hold Female black widows (the poisonous ones if you didnt know) and let them crawl on my arms

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    My fears are spiders, snakes, murders, roller coasters, and high places.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • My only fears are Spiders and Snakes.

Snakes because I've had many dreams about Snakes trying to attack me and I also saw a wild one in the park, where it tried to attack myself and my dog.

Spiders because I have always been tormented with them and I just don't feel comfortable around those arachnids.

Those are the only fears I have at the moment.

DoctorSlavic

Shotgun Doctor
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    I've had enough experience with boas and tarantulas, so I like snakes and spiders. Used to be afraid of the little ones, though. Spiders, that is, not snakes.

But I do have a fear of society, I have a fear of heights and falling, and I have a fear of commitment.

:3 That is all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I'm not sure if this is a 'fear' per se, but I have a thing about necks and wrists. I don't like looking at them and I don't like people touching my neck/wrist. It's not something I'm scared of... I'd just rather people not talk about it or make me watch videos of people slitting their wrists or stuff like that. Even typing this is making me feel a bit queasy.

Posting Binge: 20/40

I'm actually right there with you on that one. For the longest time, I could not touch a tape measure for fear the measuring tape part would snap back and slit my throat or my wrists. I guess another fear I have is of being hurt. I can handle a lot, and I don't get hurt often. But I just notice myself subconsciously doing to avoid harm coming to me. =/ I kind of wish I wasn't so... resistant about that.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Spiders... oh god.

I. Hate. Spiders. >:(

I also have a thing with people touching their wrists and smaller animals that move really fast (like a rat). If they stay still, I'm okay, or if they don't move that fast (like cockroaches).

But yeah. Ugh, spiders. Harry Potter 2 makes me cringe.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
  • I'm more afraid of my brain being damaged than I am of anything else. I think mad cow disease is my absolute worst fear.

Also witnessing decapitation.

..I have OCD, really really horrible thoughts go through my mind all the time..XD

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm afraid of dying, huge gigantic spiders (forgot what they're called)... That's all I remember...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Everything in the title, heights, snakes, moths, seagulls, cats (YES CATS! >: AWFUL FUGLY CREATURES)

Heights is sorta weird though because I'm fine to go on roller-coasters (After a lot of thought) But if I looked over the edge of something I'd immediately freak out. I can't watch people fall out buildings or anything >: Makes me freak out.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I guess I have slight ommetaphobia (fear of eyes). I'm fine rubbing my eyes (usually), or looking at other people's eyes, or just thinking about eyes in general, I guess. But when I think about inside an eye, or someone putting contacts in, or laser eye surgery, or any medical procedure involving eyes... well, I clam up, I feel like I want to cry, my stomach flips, I feel really nauseous, and sometimes I'll get dizzy.

When I took Physics in high school, I spent most of the Optics lessons with my head in my arms on my desk. I think I had to leave the room during a video once. Last year, I had a small cyst removed from my eyelid and I nearly fainted the morning-of since I was so terrified of the very-simple five-minute procedures. Nearly threw up on the way home because there was an eyepatch I had to wear for a few days and it was a constant reminder that a needle and knife or laser or something (I never asked for details) was near my eye. And then I had to apply this ointment twice a day for a few weeks and that made me nauseous as well. Kind of ruined my July/August (I forget when the procedure took place, exactly).

But I've been getting better! Back in high school, I used to be completely unable to listen to friends talk about contacts, if a friend had to adjust a contact lens or take 'em out/put them in, I'd freak out and have to leave the room. Now I can almost watch someone put a contact lens in!

I have no idea where the slight phobia (I guess it's only slight because I don't get so terrified I can't do anything) came from. :/ I can't think of any trauma I had as a kid involving eyes.

Years
  • I fear spiders, but only ones in my house. They're out to get me, I'm telling you...

Another would be Wasps. Their stings really really hurt, and finally that I'm slowly losing my memories.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    I freak out when I hear the sound the toaster makes when I am toasting my bread at 1:00 am. (True fact)

On a more serious note, I hate being in elevators. idk why. Maybe it's a mixture of the confinement, and the fact when I was a kid I was always told that elevators could fall any time. Well, that kind of stuck I guess. I always take the stairs when I have a choice.

Years
  • I'm afraid of all bugs. No joke.

When I was five, my friend who loved bugs, used to chase me around and throw different types of bugs at me. (moths, butterflies, worms, grasshoppers etc.)

Back